Can we send Hemming back ???

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Re: Can we send Hemming back ???

Post by EastDerehamO »

I think for the goalkeeping position especially, once the confidence is gone – defence feels shaky, crowd nervous – it’s very difficult to get out of it. Who remembers Adam Legzdins? May well have been a decent keeper for others, think we got him from Derby, but he was no good for us, lasted a few games and was gone.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Does t matter what standard of football
Saturday or Sunday pub league, NL, EFL or Prem, your defence is only as good as the GK behind them, GKs install confidence in The defence.
How must our players feel when a corner, cross or shot comes into the box, like us fans they must be waiting g for the error to happen.
Hemings cannot play again for us, simple!!
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Stan1972 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:14 am Does t matter what standard of football
Saturday or Sunday pub league, NL, EFL or Prem, your defence is only as good as the GK behind them, GKs install confidence in The defence.
How must our players feel when a corner, cross or shot comes into the box, like us fans they must be waiting g for the error to happen.
Very true, goes back to the age old idea about getting the spine of the team right.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:14 am Does t matter what standard of football
I think if Hemming plays tonight we're stuck with him for the rest of the season .
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Agree - can’t do it myself but 3/1 relegation is huge. Basically, we’ll need to score more goals than shots conceded for the next 43 games.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

If Hemmings stays then we must all get behind him and not start getting on his back. As mentioned in a previous post, Royce will have a job on his hands if we are to keep him in getting his confidence back up. The kid is young and still has a lot to learn, unfortunately when you are a keeper, your mistakes often are the most costly. We the fans have a responsibility to help with the character building and get this boy back on his feet.

There are others in this squad just as young if not younger, they also have made errors, under performed but we don't jump on them so quickly. I admit I have looked to get Hemmings out, but sitting here in the cold light of day and knowing that we are unlikely to get anyone else in we have to make the best we can with what we have.

I hope he plays well tonight and that gives him some encouragement for the weekend. It is in our interest we give this boy all the support and help we can. He is here and playing as our number 1 and we all want him to succeed.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Howes turn tonight 🤞
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

If only we could send him back to Boro. Is David Cass the goal keeping coach at Boro......
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Frogger wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:17 pm If Hemmings stays then we must all get behind him and not start getting on his back. As mentioned in a previous post, Royce will have a job on his hands if we are to keep him in getting his confidence back up. The kid is young and still has a lot to learn, unfortunately when you are a keeper, your mistakes often are the most costly. We the fans have a responsibility to help with the character building and get this boy back on his feet.

There are others in this squad just as young if not younger, they also have made errors, under performed but we don't jump on them so quickly. I admit I have looked to get Hemmings out, but sitting here in the cold light of day and knowing that we are unlikely to get anyone else in we have to make the best we can with what we have.

I hope he plays well tonight and that gives him some encouragement for the weekend. It is in our interest we give this boy all the support and help we can. He is here and playing as our number 1 and we all want him to succeed.
That’s the problem with the keepers position with every mistake being amplified. Of course, if Hemming stays we have to get behind him and support him. The alternative would be to have a keeper with no confidence and possibly League Two football again next season. None of us wants that
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:58 am I think for the goalkeeping position especially, once the confidence is gone – defence feels shaky, crowd nervous – it’s very difficult to get out of it. Who remembers Adam Legzdins? May well have been a decent keeper for others, think we got him from Derby, but he was no good for us, lasted a few games and was gone.
Played a handful of games for Birmingham and is now at Dundee.
Norlington Road
Fresh Alias

Post by Norlington Road »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:30 am
Norlington Road wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:36 am We haven’t had a decent goalkeeper for so long ! No excuses in this dept , it’s poor from the club . Such a vital role and we’ve relied on loans for too long . Then when we do sign a keeper we get a player who is probably L2 at best.
Why haven’t we signed our own keeper ?
If you want a loan then we should’ve asked Birmingham to leave Alsop on our bench for a few quid .
Hemming Dosent look right , he’s slow , indecisive and has cost us two points atleast in three games , proving how important a keeper is .
I’d like to see us get an alternative before the window closes even if it means Howes goes on loan
You must have only started coming to the O's this season!

There was nothing wrong with Bryn and the bloke before him was more than ok!
Yeah but too many LOANS . My point was we haven’t had our own decent keeper for too long .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Norlington Road wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:55 pm
Norlington Road wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:36 am We haven’t had a decent goalkeeper for so long ! No excuses in this dept , it’s poor from the club . Such a vital role and we’ve relied on loans for too long . Then when we do sign a keeper we get a player who is probably L2 at best.
If you want a loan then we should’ve asked Birmingham to leave Alsop on our bench for a few quid .
Hemming Dosent look right , he’s slow , indecisive and has cost us two points atleast in three games , proving how important a keeper is .
I’d like to see us get an alternative before the window closes even if it means Howes goes on loan

Yeah but too many LOANS . My point was we haven’t had our own decent keeper for too long .
I agree there’s not one person in that stadium Saturday that didn’t hold their cheeks of their backside together when the ball entered our penalty area, including the goalkeeper himself and that can’t go on. I’m afraid Richie as much as I like him has to take full blame for this situation
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

The real issue as I have said before is poor scouting and recruitment in this area. Its the easy/cheap option. IMO its the one area you can't scrimp or take too much of a gamble with. However Ling and Co seem to think its fine, or they think what they have brought in is fine. Maybe we are wrong and in the next few weeks we will all be eating humble pie. I hope we are all wrong and I will be only too happy to sit down and have a massive slice.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:51 pm
EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:58 am I think for the goalkeeping position especially, once the confidence is gone – defence feels shaky, crowd nervous – it’s very difficult to get out of it. Who remembers Adam Legzdins? May well have been a decent keeper for others, think we got him from Derby, but he was no good for us, lasted a few games and was gone.
Played a handful of games for Birmingham and is now at Dundee.
Wasn't he subbed in his last game for us ,shoulder injury i believe,however I think his confidence was shot after ropey performances and that's why he went off.gary woods was with us at the time and his dad gave my some of Gary's old gloves, I was a goalie so will bring them tonight and see if i can play.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Norlington Road wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:55 pm

LAURENCE VIGAROUX!!!!