RW: "We were the better team"

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Bergen
Regular
Regular

RW: "We were the better team"

Post by Bergen »

Strange answer to the Blackpool question :~ .

https://www.leytonorient.com/videos/254 ... a01bb06cca
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: RW: "We were the better team"

Post by Omygawd »

Bergen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:48 pm Strange answer to the Blackpool question :~ .

https://www.leytonorient.com/videos/254 ... a01bb06cca
Indeed. Knows that Hemming is letting everyone down and that we need more options. Wears his heart on his sleeve and clearly isn’t impressed with James and our subs. I am dreading Milwall on Tuesday and not just for the journey to and from their Ground.e
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: "We were the better team"

Post by Long slender neck »

I think he comes across as frustrated by little leyton orient, hasnt got the mentality, money or squad he wants. Wouldnt blame him if he moved onto bigger things.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:11 pm I think he comes across as frustrated by little leyton orient, had got the money or squad he wants. Wouldnt blame him if he moved onto bigger things.
The part at the end sums up the club regressing back into the "little Leyton Orient" attitude that I can't stand either. I see it in the comments on the socials and the way the club has gone about the summer transfers.

I want Richie here long-term as managers in his and JE's mould aren't easy to find but also don't want to see RW ending up fed up and frustrated at the lack of resources. He could've got the club in the playoff spots last season but was let down in Jan and seems they've not done much better over summer. He deserves better and that might end up being elsewhere sadly.
Last edited by gshaw on Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Wellens is drunk, Birmingham had 60% possession and led for 70 minutes
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Good interview. He essentially dispelled any rumours to go to Blackpool, called out hemmings and was bold enough to drop James when he ain’t putting enough effort in.

Love him
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

I too believe he is frustrated as they refuse to buy anyone,only loans and free transfers.For an ambitious Manager I just wonder what he was promised before signing a new contract, woudnt blame him if he left for greener pastures as our club clearly have no intention of putting serious money on the table to buy the quality of players needed.
The club will lose occasional fans big time if they carry on like this and that’s showing with the fall in home attendances.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:11 pm I think he comes across as frustrated by little leyton orient, hasnt got the mentality, money or squad he wants. Wouldnt blame him if he moved onto bigger things.
Feels to me like the club convinced him to sign a new contract with overpromises. Once they had his signature they quickly started reeling back on what is actually available to him.

I am absolutely convinced that if you sat Wellens down BEFORE he signed the contract extension and said “ok, what we’ll give you is a load of inexperienced loanees and some lower league journeymen freebies” he absolutely would not have signed it.

Appreciate that we are somewhat restricted in what we can spend in comparison to others in this league but we have not made a single signing of note this summer. The “biggest” one being Kelman…on loan. It’s really poor and I seriously cannot see Wellens staying for much longer if it continues.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:35 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:11 pm I think he comes across as frustrated by little leyton orient, hasnt got the mentality, money or squad he wants. Wouldnt blame him if he moved onto bigger things.
Feels to me like the club convinced him to sign a new contract with overpromises. Once they had his signature they quickly started reeling back on what is actually available to him.

I am absolutely convinced that if you sat Wellens down BEFORE he signed the contract extension and said “ok, what we’ll give you is a load of inexperienced loanees and some lower league journeymen freebies” he absolutely would not have signed it.

Appreciate that we are somewhat restricted in what we can spend in comparison to others in this league but we have not made a single signing of note this summer. The “biggest” one being Kelman…on loan. It’s really poor and I seriously cannot see Wellens staying for much longer if it continues.
Totally agree.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The goalkeeper is a liability at the moment and Kelman is no target man, Alfie May demonstrated how to lead the line even if your not very big, Kelman is better out wide cutting in. Dan A is better out wide. We definitely have a problem, we need imo a keeper,left back and a decent target man. Why we have we given Pratley,Beckles Theo new contracts, why keep Graham and Sweeney? At this point the kid from spuds looks out of his depth playing against more physical players and if I had a pound for every time Sweeney passed backwardsi would be every rich. If your defence has no confidence in it’s keeper your beaten before you start. Worrying times. However Birmingham played good football and will finish in the top two
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:28 pm Good interview. He essentially dispelled any rumours to go to Blackpool, called out hemmings and was bold enough to drop James when he ain’t putting enough effort in.

Love him
Could say same about O'Neil donley, James was OK against charlton.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Gotta wonder what Jaiyesemi, Warrington and Perkins think when he so openly says our bench is sh!t.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

CharlieO wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:07 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:28 pm Good interview. He essentially dispelled any rumours to go to Blackpool, called out hemmings and was bold enough to drop James when he ain’t putting enough effort in.

Love him
Could say same about O'Neil donley, James was OK against charlton.
O’Neil and Donley weren’t particularly effective but their work ethic was top notch
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Indeed . Can you imagine Richie managing a club like Birmingham or Huddersfield. They would be flying .
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:17 pm
Indeed . Can you imagine Richie managing a club like Birmingham or Huddersfield. They would be flying .
To be fair, they are flying already.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

essexfootball wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:25 pm Wellens is drunk, Birmingham had 60% possession and led for 70 minutes
Don't read the stats after the game. They side with the team that won. In game we were 54% in 1st half & 51% 2nd half until the final whistle
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Love him
We all love Richie . He's one of the best managers this club has ever had but I feel the club is letting him down with inadequate transfer budget . There is only so far you can go on freebies's and young loan players .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Bergen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:22 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:17 pm
To be fair, they are flying already.
I know but I mean they would be more so .
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Seems from that interview that Tom James is about to join the list of players who RW has had enough of.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

redintheface wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:34 pm Seems from that interview that Tom James is about to join the list of players who RW has had enough of.
Weird considering we literally just gave him a new contract. Probably Richie knowing how to get the best out of players and give him a kick up the arse
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Love him
We all love Richie . He's one of the best managers this club has ever had but I feel the club is letting him down with inadequate transfer budget . There is only so far you can go on freebies's and young loan players .
Agree but from that interview Richie doesn’t think that he’s taken us as far as he can
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:36 pm
redintheface wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:34 pm Seems from that interview that Tom James is about to join the list of players who RW has had enough of.
Weird considering we literally just gave him a new contract. Probably Richie knowing how to get the best out of players and give him a kick up the arse
I hope his strategy works then because with Sweeney at LB for the rest of the season we’re in trouble.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

redintheface wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:48 pm
I hope his strategy works then because with Sweeney at LB for the rest of the season we’re in trouble.
Disagree. Sweeney deserves a run. Thought he played well today
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Love him
What makes you think 'we all love him'? And you also say, 'one of the best managers we've ever had'......I think you're getting a bit carried away.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:51 pm
redintheface wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:48 pm

Disagree. Sweeney deserves a run. Thought he played well today
We’ll have to agree to differ on that one.