ex player slagging off ling

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: ex player slagging off ling

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Leyton Orient FC are turning into North Korea.....you are not allowed to criticise the regime there either, or you get in trouble

RIP Free Speech and opinion

Died August 2019
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Andy Gilson wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:33 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:24 pm Gilso
Get a broader range of fans on your show

All social media regarding the O's seems to use the same small group of fans because they are well known in the supporters bar or away games. ( Not there fault if they are asked i might add) .

As for Dicko , ask him if he remembers my mate ripping him a new one one sunday morning & he was a painter & decorator by trade an dicko was playing for an O's fans team.
😁
I ran that team and nobody tore him anything.
As for guests coming on, the door is very much open mate. Just message me if you'd like to take part, and that goes for any of you. We are very much trying to broaden the number of participants and now have four different presenting panels plus their guests. The presenting teams are myself, Darin Burrows and Barry Galvin.....Billy Herring, Jamie Stripe, Sam Munday. Paul and Steve of Outlook and Steve Tongue and Trevor Singfield. So several new faces already , but room for more.
Andy i watched it

My mate Steve a Fellow O's fan was the winger that day
And came on as a sub when 3-1 down & ended up a 3 or 4 all draw.

Dicko got burned
😂😁

P.S he came on as a sub coz he was still p155ed from the night before

P.P.S is the email addy gilso@thor.com ?

😜
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:20 pm Leyton Orient FC are turning into North Korea.....you are not allowed to criticise the regime there either, or you get in trouble

Died August 2019
Leyton Orient Fans in some sections seem to be turning into Brexiteers.

Trying to destroy what they claim to love ,
Just to try & prove there voice counts.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 pm Had to listen to half an hour of that tosh just to hear what Dickenson said. Not quoting him word for word but all he said was Judd likes to defend, can be impetuous but needs to work on his passing and then stated Ling can’t defend and doesn’t offer much going forward either. He was also saying that we didn’t have good delivery from wide at all last season, meaning all full backs and that we haven’t got the players to play wing backs.

That’s it.

Total over reaction from the club, coming to the defence of Sam again. Where are the comments from Ross protecting Myles and Joe Widdowson? It’s bizarre.
Do you actually believe the sh*t you write? Why would RE feel the need to protect the other fullbacks when they haven't been slagged off?
Um, they were all ‘slagged off’.

Which words exactly have tipped you over the edge?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:46 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 pm Had to listen to half an hour of that tosh just to hear what Dickenson said. Not quoting him word for word but all he said was Judd likes to defend, can be impetuous but needs to work on his passing and then stated Ling can’t defend and doesn’t offer much going forward either. He was also saying that we didn’t have good delivery from wide at all last season, meaning all full backs and that we haven’t got the players to play wing backs.

That’s it.

Total over reaction from the club, coming to the defence of Sam again. Where are the comments from Ross protecting Myles and Joe Widdowson? It’s bizarre.
Do you actually believe the sh*t you write? Why would RE feel the need to protect the other fullbacks when they haven't been slagged off?

Yes but only Sam Ling gets nye on Slandered for being picked because his Dad works for the Club.

Big Big difference.
If people slag players off , then fair enough.
If they are Slagged off for only getting a game
because of family favouritism, then that takes it to
a whole new level.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

All social media regarding the O's seems to use the same small group of fans because they are well known in the supporters bar or away games. ( Not there fault if they are asked i might add) .

As for Dicko , ask him if he remembers my mate ripping him a new one one sunday morning & he was a painter & decorator by trade an dicko was playing for an O's fans team.
😁
Is he still working? The wife wants the spare room decorated for our expectant Grandchild 😂
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

O my gawd wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am

😁
Is he still working? The wife wants the spare room decorated for our expectant Grandchild 😂
Yeah he is but they only do privately owned luxury flats in London through managing agents &
Are always Busy.Busy
Sorry Fella .
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Andy Gilson wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:44 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:34 pm

That’s it.

Yep, it's totally bizarre. To say that Dickeson's comments fell below expectation is nonsense. This is the Orient Hour which usually has an independent point of view, not something like the suck uppy Orient Outlook Podcast
Final thing from me on this. Nobody has said you can't criticise a player, you just have to be wary not to cross the line where it sounds like a personal attack on someone. we will continue to have an independent view, but be respectful at the same time. It was one sentence, it shouldn't have been said, but let's not blow it out of proportion. We move on.
There should be no line other than abusive language, utterly outrageous comment by Gilson and as has already been said why the over the top defence of Ling and not of Judd. Look forward to Kevin Dickerson being invited again in the future for more honest comments.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Yes but only Sam Ling gets nye on Slandered for being picked because his Dad works for the Club.

Big Big difference.
a whole new level.
Dicko didn’t say anything of the sort.

I’ll ask again because no one seems to be able to offer an answer - which exact words that Dicko said have upset everyone so much?

It’s a total farce.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Also did the club make a complaint to you/the Orient Hour team about the comments or did you just take this action off the back of Embleton's interview?
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 am Also did the club make a complaint to you/the Orient Hour team about the comments or did you just take this action off the back of Embleton's interview?
No the club didn't. I spoke to Ross and offered apologies if the comment caused offence. Apology accepted, we move on......except on here obviously !.
There will be no further interaction from me on what is now a non story.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

What comment FFS?

The fact everyone is ignoring this straight forward question says it all.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Andy Gilson wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:56 am
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 am Also did the club make a complaint to you/the Orient Hour team about the comments or did you just take this action off the back of Embleton's interview?
No the club didn't. I spoke to Ross and offered apologies if the comment caused offence. Apology accepted, we move on......except on here obviously !.
There will be no further interaction from me on what is now a non story.
Apology for what ??

Someone giving an honest opinion, either be totally independent or jog on !!!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:37 am

Big Big difference.
a whole new level.

I’ll ask again because no one seems to be able to offer an answer - which exact words that Dicko said have upset everyone so much?

It’s a total farce.
That he can't defend and doesn't offer much going forward.

Inaccurate, inappropriate and unnecessary.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:37 am

Big Big difference.
a whole new level.

It’s a total farce.
That he can't defend and doesn't offer much going forward.

Inaccurate, inappropriate and unnecessary.

In your opinion, certainly not mine and many others, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that the comment was totally accurate and definitely not inappropriate or unnecessary.
This is the country of free speech where making comments on nepotism and cronyism are permitted.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

In an absolute sense it is inaccurate, as there have been games where he has defended well, and there has been games where he has offered something going forward.

But still, it sets a rather odd precedent. Like I said before, if someone says Alabi offers nothing up front (a comment said many times on here), is that something that becomes not allowed? In a similar sense he has offered something in some games, but overall his contribution has been hardly anything.

I feel a little for Gilso as it seems that Dickenson didn't apologise and the whole thing seems a little ridiculous.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:20 pm Leyton Orient FC are turning into North Korea.....you are not allowed to criticise the regime there either, or you get in trouble

Died August 2019
Obviously this is a ridiculous exaggeration, but it does contain a serious point - the club have done a fantastic job of managing the podcasts and social media stuff. This was an easier task when things were going well, but will come under strain when things aren't.

I hope that the spirit of Dave Knight can infuse a new generation of Orientear folk to (a) modernise their format and (b) keep the same independent-minded spirit that he set the mag up in 33 years ago. What you sacrifice in access you gain in your ability to scrutinise, and recent years have shown how fans do need to keep some critical distance from the management of the club (remember just how many were sticking up for Beelzebub into 2017, or supporting the Bowers approach)

I suppose this new ecosystem mirrors what's happening in the media more generally - there's lots of semi-official outlets publishing independently through social media etc, but you can't be sure that they are genuinely independent (or indeed, have anything truly meaningful to say)
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

eagwgw wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am In an absolute sense it is inaccurate, as there have been games where he has defended well, and there has been games where he has offered something going forward.

But still, it sets a rather odd precedent. Like I said before, if someone says Alabi offers nothing up front (a comment said many times on here), is that something that becomes not allowed? In a similar sense he has offered something in some games, but overall his contribution has been hardly anything.

I feel a little for Gilso as it seems that Dickenson didn't apologise and the whole thing seems a little ridiculous.
Why should Dickinson apologise for giving an honest opinion, if Dickinson feels on reflection that it was inaccurate then he can offer an apology.
As for Alabi, dont get me started again please.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

It’s all very interesting considering Ross publicly called out our other right back in his post match interview, for making a mistake in the game.

But had a problem with someone else doing it to a different right back.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

That's what I mean.

The comments were hardly outrageous, and slagging happens all the time at the top level. It's part of the game that pundits have opinions.

Did Gary Neville apologise for calling David Luiz a Playstation player with no positional sense?

If he didn't and then it turns out that Sky apologised to Chelsea on his behalf it would seem a bit bent.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Thank goodness this forum is independent of the club, or you can guarantee, there would be interference on what you could post.

The club are ultra sensitive to anything about Sam Ling. Even when he first arrived here, i remember Justin , on a video, emphasising over & over, that Martin Ling had absolutely nothing to do with his son coming here......yeah right!!!!!!

On twitter, during a game, whenever Sam Ling does something pretty ordinary, the clubs twitter feed makes it sound like he's done something amazing etc

Nepotism is alive and thriving at Leyton Orient fc thats for sure
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Understand him publicly backing our players, that’s good man management, but practice what you preach and accept that no one should be shutting down fan opinion.

Which reminds me, join me on Wednesday on Love Sport where I’ll be calling every member of the squad out, one by one.

But seriously, I hope Orient Hour hold their ground and don’t publicly apologise next week
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am Thank goodness this forum is independent of the club, or you can guarantee, there would be interference on what you could post.

The club are ultra sensitive to anything about Sam Ling. Even when he first arrived here, i remember Justin , on a video, emphasising over & over, that Martin Ling had absolutely nothing to do with his son coming here......yeah right!!!!!!

On twitter, during a game, whenever Sam Ling does something pretty ordinary, the clubs twitter feed makes it sound like he's done something amazing etc

Change the record will you boring zzzz
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:45 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am Thank goodness this forum is independent of the club, or you can guarantee, there would be interference on what you could post.

Change the record will you boring zzzz
Tell you whats boring mate.....you stalking me, and posting a few mins after me non stop, and posting the same half a dozen words zzzzzzzzzzzz
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:31 am It’s all very interesting considering Ross publicly called out our other right back in his post match interview, for making a mistake in the game.

But had a problem with someone else doing it to a different right back.
Exactly this.