Exiles/Matchday thread vs Charlton

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Re: Exiles/Matchday thread vs Charlton

Post by CharlieO »

We were Decent first half and better than Charlton in possession faded and negative second, a lot because Kelman ran himself into the ground by 60 as O'Neil and spurs boy offered nothing to the cause.
They strong at the back, the right back was top drawer, very route one and Mitchell wouldn't get near a wellens side but effective today.
Wellens as a full time professional manager still hasn't mastered subs LOL, all used with 16 plus obviously a lot of added time to go, when kelman could barely move.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:35 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:10 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:42 pm Wellens post match will be funny, at least
Why, was he carded or did he get involved in another scuffle?
Verbal at the Ref
The verbals came after he was carded for applauding one of this own full backs
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

CharlieO wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:36 pm Wellens as a full time professional manager still hasn't mastered subs LOL, all used with 16 plus obviously a lot of added time to go, when kelman could barely move.
Well tbf he wouldn't have planned on replacing Cooper or James, unfortunately both who came on didn't perform anywhere near the same level as those forced off through injury
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:40 pm
CharlieO wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:36 pm Wellens as a full time professional manager still hasn't mastered subs LOL, all used with 16 plus obviously a lot of added time to go, when kelman could barely move.
Well tbf he wouldn't have planned on replacing Cooper or James, unfortunately both who came on didn't perform anywhere near the same level as those forced off through injury
Again that comes down to the quality of depth of our squad .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Richie has said we're after just one more player but wouldn't say for what position . I thought he originally said he wanted another CM so I'm assuming that's who we want .
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Thought we played alright. But was not surprised by the injury time winner. Kelman looks really strong.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Kelmans got a tight quad. Not good.

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2024/ ... -athletic/
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:16 pm Richie has said we're after just one more player but wouldn't say for what position . I thought he originally said he wanted another CM so I'm assuming that's who we want .
He didn’t sound too happy when he said just one. Maybe I’m just projecting
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:33 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:16 pm Richie has said we're after just one more player but wouldn't say for what position . I thought he originally said he wanted another CM so I'm assuming that's who we want .
Maybe we can only afford one and not two if we want the necessary quality .
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:04 pm
Well yeah but I don’t think it sounded like it went down too well with rw
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The other day he said two or three and that's been cut back down to just two, when you consider how much of it is made up of youths and youth loans that's not good
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Sounds like the one coming in is a loan
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:04 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:04 pm

Well yeah but I don’t think it sounded like it went down too well with rw
I've wondered in the past how much better a manager like Richie could do if he had a bigger budget . It''s like his managing with one hand tied behind his back . I just thank God we've got him because he's a quality manager . It's only because we've got him I think we'll eventually be OK this season .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:47 pm
The other day he said two or three and that's been cut back down to just two, when you consider how much of it is made up of youths and youth loans that's not good
What is putting a big hole in our budget is we must still be paying a large chunk of Pigott's wages . Also we have Moncur on a large wedge who's currently not contributing anything . I've heard two reason for that with George having a hip injury or he's bang overweight .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CharlieO wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:36 pm We were Decent first half and better than Charlton in possession faded and negative second, a lot because Kelman ran himself into the ground by 60 as O'Neil and spurs boy offered nothing to the cause.
Yeah, that’s fair - we did edge the first half but they were much better than us second half
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:48 pm
Celtient wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:35 pm Wouldn't blame Hemming for that goal though
Vigaroux and Byrne both save that.
A strong right hand could have got to that.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:11 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:10 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:42 pm Wellens post match will be funny, at least
Why, was he carded or did he get involved in another scuffle?
Another booking to keep up his 100% record so far this season, along with Nathan Jones who is on the same :D
Well, knock me sideways...! I couldn't get to the game yesterday and my question was a bit tongue in cheek, not really believing that he would in fact get carded yet again ! Wellens is a poor example to our already bad disciplinary side. The bloke needs to grow up.....He is an embarrassment.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:35 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:30 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:15 pm

This season is going to be tougher so I hope you're right .
Don't personally see it tougher.
Richie Welles would disagree with you .
Richie followed the boards lead, has to since the "we're going for it statement last January. We will be safely mid table come april.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Poor use of the subs yesterday imo if Galbraith was pulled off against Bolton with a slight pull why play him against Newport? Perkins looks like he didn’t want to get his socks dirty and won’t get stuck in, the other new guy looks more like a bodybuilder, Dan A isn’t a CF imo would be better out wide, Sweeney laid the ball on for the goal because he can’t use his right foot and the tackle he made should have been with his right foot. Beckles is now a liability he has no pace whatsoever,Pratley would have been a better option at CB (just). Donnelly should never had started so now I’m wondering whether if he has a clause in his contract to make sure he starts. To many subs were brought on to quickly so we lost continuity. Desperately need a LB with pace as I think we lack pace throughout the team. If we play like that against Brum we will get tonked
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

I thought yesterdays game showed why Happe will never play higher, for the goal and when the guy went into Hemming, Happe needs to be big, strong, bulldoze the attacker and both times he didn't, almost needs more of a nasty streak, he is a big boy and needs to use his size, a dirty CB that late in the game would've just fouled the guy and taken the yellow rather than letting him knock it on
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Happe had a decent game. He didn’t lose much in the air at all. Yes, he’s lost his header for the goal but Aneke is a very big lad. We’ve lost the second ball. Harsh to single Happe out, I don’t think he did much wrong. Many players worse than him yesterday.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:35 am Happe had a decent game. He didn’t lose much in the air at all. Yes, he’s lost his header for the goal but Aneke is a very big lad. We’ve lost the second ball. Harsh to single Happe out, I don’t think he did much wrong. Many players worse than him yesterday.
The higher you go, it's the key moments, Happe didn't have a bad game but he lost his key moment that resulted in a loss, I'm not singularly Happe out at all more just the fact why League One is his ceiling whereas in reality, a big, ball playing CB should in theory be looking to play higher
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:20 am Poor use of the subs yesterday imo if Galbraith was pulled off against Bolton with a slight pull why play him against Newport? Perkins looks like he didn’t want to get his socks dirty and won’t get stuck in, the other new guy looks more like a bodybuilder, Dan A isn’t a CF imo would be better out wide, Sweeney laid the ball on for the goal because he can’t use his right foot and the tackle he made should have been with his right foot. Beckles is now a liability he has no pace whatsoever,Pratley would have been a better option at CB (just). Donnelly should never had started so now I’m wondering whether if he has a clause in his contract to make sure he starts. To many subs were brought on to quickly so we lost continuity. Desperately need a LB with pace as I think we lack pace throughout the team. If we play like that against Brum we will get tonked
So much wrong with this I can’t even be bothered to point it all out.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

essexfootball wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:44 am
DrWindy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:35 am Happe had a decent game. He didn’t lose much in the air at all. Yes, he’s lost his header for the goal but Aneke is a very big lad. We’ve lost the second ball. Harsh to single Happe out, I don’t think he did much wrong. Many players worse than him yesterday.
The higher you go, it's the key moments, Happe didn't have a bad game but he lost his key moment that resulted in a loss, I'm not singularly Happe out at all more just the fact why League One is his ceiling whereas in reality, a big, ball playing CB should in theory be looking to play higher
I hear you but even a Premier League centre back will lose a header now and then. It’s still a nothing header twenty five yards out.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

I agree with what people have said about yesterday game but we all know that this season was only going to be very hard teams that came down from the championship orient will find it hard to complete with them all money wise as long as the injuries are not bad I fancy a draw vs Birmingham next week