RW podcast

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: RW podcast

Post by Monkey Boy »

DrWindy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:50 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:09 pm Some interesting questions not sure about the answers.
1)Q was Kelman our number one striker in January window?
A no he wasn’t.
Me)So why bring him in now?
2)Q does the new guy from Wigan play left or right back?
A right back. We will give Sweeney a chance.
Me) So why haven’t we got a decent left back in and good luck with Sweeney he isn’t good enough imo.

3) Q was GM going to be sold?
A yes but they didn’t offer enough on the loan.
4)Q are we bringing in another striker?
A no not really more interested in a number 8
Me) what’s wrong with the lad at Colchester, got a feeling GM put a stop to that?
5) Q)what other players would you like?
A would like to bring in a left footed right winger to play on the right
Me) here’s an idea bring in a left winger and play him on the right even better find a professional footballer that can actually use both feet🤷‍♀️
Give it a listen but to me some of his answers didn’t make much sense 🤷‍♀️
Link please
It’s on the other forum if you want to have a look or Phoenix FM I do believe also people can shoot the monkey as much as they like but bear this in mind I was right about jacket I was right about the wages I was right about Southgate I’ll be right about Kellman too. Yes, I also got a few things wrong but mostly right and if people want to bury their heads in the sand that’s up to them but we will struggle this season mainly due to our poor recruitment. Okay, I’m off to Golf now have a nice day bye
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:51 am We've sorted our starting 11 out, so I can see the logic of then taking time to see what players become available
Yeah, that's fair enough - so long as the additional players do materialise before Agyei/O'Neill/Warrington/Galbraith etc are flogged to death and pick up injuries....
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:14 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:04 am Monkey boy, you should start a podcast. 4-4-2 with Monkey Boy
So you’re saying I’m negative because I relayed what Wellens said on the podcast. Jesus some people on here like to deflect what the club do onto people like me. I didn’t come up with the questions or answers try listening to the podcast yourself (which I did)
Talk about deflection. Where did I mention you were negative? Some projecting going on here.

Give me a few years. I’ll trawl threw millions of podcasts trying to locate the one you are talking about.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:57 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:51 am We've sorted our starting 11 out, so I can see the logic of then taking time to see what players become available
Yeah, that's fair enough - so long as the additional players do materialise before Agyei/O'Neill/Warrington/Galbraith etc are flogged to death and pick up injuries....
That is my number one Orient concern . Our squad still isn't strong enough . We still have some time left to bring in some new players so I hope our transfer activity isn't over yet .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:00 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:04 am Monkey boy, you should start a podcast. 4-4-2 with Monkey Boy
So you’re saying I’m negative because I relayed what Wellens said on the podcast. Jesus some people on here like to deflect what the club do onto people like me. I didn’t come up with the questions or answers try listening to the podcast yourself (which I did)
Talk about deflection. Where did I mention you were negative? Some projecting going on here.

Give me a few years. I’ll trawl threw millions of podcasts trying to locate the one you are talking about.
Hi I’m back after an excellent round of golf😃 you won’t have to look far to find the podcast it was on yesterday, can’t make it any easier for you👍 just to add I was right about Graham I will be right about Happe too. Also I’ll be right about Lee Carsley and the England job. Can’t understand why people want to spank the monkey so much🫢🫢🫢🫢🫢
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:00 am
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:50 am The lack of forwards is obviously going to cost us.

Agyei
Kelman
Perkins
DJ
ONeill
Graham injured
Archibald injured

Is that all we have?
Graham (sick note)
Archibald( lucky to play this season)
Kelman(simply not good enough)
DJ (possible sick note not rated at Charlton)
Perkins (relatively untried especially at other clubs)
O’Neill (good player but still young)
Agyei (quality )

Yep that’s all, you’ve nailed it
Graham- a sick note after one long term injury and a little niggle on the road to recovery? Give me a break.

Kelman- Been one of our best this pre season so how can you say he is not good enough? Judge him after a few competitive games.

DJ- has looked ok so far. Judge him after a few competitive games.

Moral of the story: Orient supporters are mostly negative and hardly ever see the positives. No exception here for the most part.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:30 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:00 am
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:50 am The lack of forwards is obviously going to cost us.

Agyei
Kelman
Perkins
DJ
ONeill
Graham injured
Archibald injured

Is that all we have?
Graham (sick note)
Archibald( lucky to play this season)
Kelman(simply not good enough)
DJ (possible sick note not rated at Charlton)
Perkins (relatively untried especially at other clubs)
O’Neill (good player but still young)
Agyei (quality )

Yep that’s all, you’ve nailed it
Graham- a sick note after one long term injury and a little niggle on the road to recovery? Give me a break.

Kelman- Been one of our best this pre season so how can you say he is not good enough? Judge him after a few competitive games.

DJ- has looked ok so far. Judge him after a few competitive games.

Moral of the story: Orient supporters are mostly negative and hardly ever see the positives. No exception here for the most part.
Umm think your find with Graham that it’s his second bad injury. And he is a sick note
Kelman as I said might look good against pub teams and in training the fact is that he was cheap and available so why was he not first choice in the jan window?
DJ has had a bad injury in the past and isn’t rated by other clubs.
Bloody hell now I’ve nailed it too.😉
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

That is def one podcast I would 💯 avoid 🤣🤣
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Stan1972 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:17 pm
That is def one podcast I would 💯 avoid 🤣🤣
Stan I will have you in as my first guest 👍
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

DrWindy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:25 am Which podcast?
The Orient Hour on Phoenix FM
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:01 pm

Hi I’m back after an excellent round of golf😃 you won’t have to look far to find the podcast it was on yesterday, can’t make it any easier for you👍 just to add I was right about Graham I will be right about Happe too. Also I’ll be right about Lee Carsley and the England job. Can’t understand why people want to spank the monkey so much🫢🫢🫢🫢🫢
You could make it easier. You could actually tell people what podcast you are actually talking about. Jesus
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:55 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:01 pm

You could make it easier. You could actually tell people what podcast you are actually talking about. Jesus
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Look at moonwalks post. Would you like me to pop over and tune it in for you?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Stop deflecting. You write some twaddle about some podcast without referencing the actual podcast. Then get aggy when someone asks what it was. Bizarre.

About right you’re an Orient Hour listener.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:42 pm Stop deflecting. You write some twaddle about some podcast without referencing the actual podcast. Then get aggy when someone asks what it was. Bizarre.

About right you’re an Orient Hour listener.
Are you flirting with me🥰
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:28 am
Adz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:31 am @monkeyboy are you this relentlessly negative in the rest of your life, or do you save it for Orient?
Have you listened to it?don’t shoot the messenger pal I’m just saying what he said.
No, you are offering an opinion on what he said.

Either you trust RW or you don't - and from what I read into your post here I don't think you do trust him.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:45 pm
Adz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:31 am @monkeyboy are you this relentlessly negative in the rest of your life, or do you save it for Orient?
Have you listened to it?don’t shoot the messenger pal I’m just saying what he said.

Either you trust RW or you don't - and from what I read into your post here I don't think you do trust him.
Of course I trust him but everyone has there faults even me🙄 it’s the board that I think holds him back
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:06 pm

Of course I trust him but everyone has there faults even me🙄 it’s the board that I think holds him back
Ironically I think you hold back the message board
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:14 pm

Ok tell me how to come off and I will and if you can’t I won’t post any more if that’s what you want. No problem
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:17 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:14 pm

Ok tell me how to come off and I will and if you can’t I won’t post any more if that’s what you want. No problem
I don’t want you to stop posting
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

:o you have faults :lol:

I don't think RW gives a rats arse what me, you or anyone on here thinks when it comes to football related decisions!
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

We only play 1 centre forward, you can argue Kelman and Perkins aren't good enough to do that, but 3 players in the squad seems about right for that. Maybe RW will play a false 9 occasionally or something. If you look at prem teams most only have a couple of centre forwards in their squad (Liverpool, man u, spurs, Arsenal, man city, etc).
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

It's not just this post almost everything you post about the club is negative. You may be right in the end, who knows, but I prefer to be a bit more optimistic.
Mylo Xyloto
Fresh Alias

Post by Mylo Xyloto »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:26 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:09 pm Some interesting questions not sure about the answers.
1)Q was Kelman our number one striker in January window?
A no he wasn’t.
Me)So why bring him in now?
2)Q does the new guy from Wigan play left or right back?
A right back. We will give Sweeney a chance.
Me) So why haven’t we got a decent left back in and good luck with Sweeney he isn’t good enough imo.

3) Q was GM going to be sold?
A yes but they didn’t offer enough on the loan.
4)Q are we bringing in another striker?
A no not really more interested in a number 8
Me) what’s wrong with the lad at Colchester, got a feeling GM put a stop to that?
5) Q)what other players would you like?
A would like to bring in a left footed right winger to play on the right
Me) here’s an idea bring in a left winger and play him on the right even better find a professional footballer that can actually use both feet🤷‍♀️
Give it a listen but to me some of his answers didn’t make much sense 🤷‍♀️
I agree . Sweeney is alright as a squad player but no way is he a first choice LB. Also it's a big mistake not bringing in another striker . If Agyei get's injured again we're fcked
I thought he looked a cut above against Hearts.

Sometimes you only need to be told you are number 1 choice and given an opportunity to build and you take it. look at Moses Odubajo, the epitome of that happening.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:30 pm
Remember one thing Richie has said in the past, beware the player who has too good a pre-season...

Tbh I don't think you can judge any player's coming performances off the back of playing a bunch of very low quality non league sides, a Scottish team barely at League 1 level and Spurs U21s. The only real challenge was Arsenal and that result sounded comfortable for them.

The squad definitely isn't stronger or greater in depth than last season and relies heavily on Agyei staying fit. Very simple tactic for the opposition now to put him out the game by whatever means then that's our attacking threat gone.

Lots of pressure going to be put on a number of fairly young players this season, it's a gamble but whether it pays off or backfires is going to be very interesting to see.