Orient summer transfer window 2024: a summary

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LPE
Fresh Alias

Re: Orient summer transfer window 2024: a summary

Post by LPE »

DJ looked lively at Hearts and quite physical.

Think he’s going to be a solid signing.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:49 pm Our problem last season wound up being depth and quality in a couple of positions (full back, maybe keeper). We haven't finished recruiting yet but there's reason to be relatively confident that we'll be better on both fronts, accepting that Mizouni is a big loss and was always going to be.

A lot rides on the no.10 position. We bring someone in who can contribute goals and we'll be much better balanced in our attacking threat. Think it'd also take the pressure off of having another forward - Kelman becomes more serviceable as a first reserve if there's goals from elsewhere.

Likes of O'Neil, Galbraith, Brown, Simpson and Cooper should also continue to improve as well.

Caveating all that by saying I have no idea if any of the new guys are any good. DJ and Clare haven't exactly had glowing reviews...
I think Richie is the type of manager who will get the best out of DJ and Clare so I think both of them will prove to be good signings .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I don't see us bringing in another FB, Clare RB James can play LB plus Sweeney if needed.

Reading had a lad up front on loan from Southampton last season called Ballard he's quality, quick and really mobile and would be a great option on loan to go with Dan A and Kelman in the striking department. Was injured in the latter part of the season but now fit. Monkey Boy liked him too so must be good !

If the rumours are correct and creative midfielder Noah Chilvers comes in and George Moncur goes where ever, That would be an excellent window IMHO.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:29 pm I don't see us bringing in another FB, Clare RB James can play LB plus Sweeney if needed.

Reading had a lad up front on loan from Southampton last season called Ballard he's quality, quick and really mobile and would be a great option on loan to go with Dan A and Kelman in the striking department. Was injured in the latter part of the season but now fit. Monkey Boy liked him too so must be good !

If the rumours are correct and creative midfielder Noah Chilvers comes in and George Moncur goes where ever, That would be an excellent window IMHO.
My impression was we would play James at RB and Clare LB
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:29 pm I don't see us bringing in another FB, Clare RB James can play LB plus Sweeney if needed.

Yes , I think Ballard would be an excellent signing and would fit in with Richie's style of play .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:37 pm

Yes , I think Ballard would be an excellent signing and would fit in with Richie's style of play .
Very much agree with you gentleman but I can’t see it happening unfortunately
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Ballard would be a very good signing ✍️
But I think RW will go for experience over youth, If we are def going to sign a No.9
For that reason I believe it will be Mo Eisa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Eisa
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Is Ballard fit? Didn't he do some nasty knee injury last season
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

3 isn't enough, Galbraith needs to be the main man in midfield now Mizouni is gone and we can't have him covering that position again. If we're going into the season a body lighter in midfield, that's where we need another signing.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thought RB was Galbraiths most effective position.

Not sure why we havent brought in a first choice left back.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:51 am Thought RB was Galbraiths most effective position.

Not sure why we havent brought in a first choice left back.
Maybe Clare will be our first choice left back
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

He sees himself as a box to box midfielder so dont know why we've signed him as a fullback.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:55 pm Ballard would be a very good signing ✍️
But I think RW will go for experience over youth, If we are def going to sign a No.9
For that reason I believe it will be Mo Eisa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Eisa
Well whether it's somebody like Mo Eisa or Ballard we definitely need another striker .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Ballard was injured last season but I think he scored for N Ireland at the back end. I don’t think we will sign another striker( hope I’m wrong) but that would only leave us with one decent one imo(Dan A) don’t know about the two new signings up front but Kelman definitely isn’t the answer. Galbraith needs to play in midfield and give him the licence to roam. Think he could get into double figures if allowed to and they won’t just be any old goals, there be M&S goals😃
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Like you just said , that's the problem , we still only have one decent striker in Dan Agyei . We need another striker
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:14 am Like you just said , that's the problem , we still only have one decent striker in Dan Agyei . We need another striker
Yes we do,but they don’t grow on trees as you know Red,we have missed out on some decent signings due to our procrastination in the transfer market. There must be some money left in the kitty?which in my opinion should be spent on a decent left back and striker. RW seems to know his defenders and midfielders but is a bit lacking in the goalkeeping position (understandable) and striking position. I would assume if there is any truth in the rumour about the lad from Colchester (hope he does sign) then I think there might be compo involved? Which could affect the so called budget.
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:26 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:14 am Like you just said , that's the problem , we still only have one decent striker in Dan Agyei . We need another striker
Yes we do,but they don’t grow on trees as you know Red,we have missed out on some decent signings due to our procrastination in the transfer market. There must be some money left in the kitty?which in my opinion should be spent on a decent left back and striker. RW seems to know his defenders and midfielders but is a bit lacking in the goalkeeping position (understandable) and striking position. I would assume if there is any truth in the rumour about the lad from Colchester (hope he does sign) then I think there might be compo involved? Which could affect the so called budget.
Patience , most were moaning about a keeper but yesterday Ling played another blinder .Richie will get the players he wants , Martin won’t get any praise, but in my book he should get a knighthood,arise Sir Martin Ling ⚽️🏆
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

DaveDunmore wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:51 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:26 am
Patience , most were moaning about a keeper but yesterday Ling played another blinder .Richie will get the players he wants , Martin won’t get any praise, but in my book he should get a knighthood,arise Sir Martin Ling ⚽️🏆
I know what I would do with that sword if I swung it,him and Southgate 🫢😂
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:05 am

3 isn't enough, Galbraith needs to be the main man in midfield now Mizouni is gone and we can't have him covering that position again. If we're going into the season a body lighter in midfield, that's where we need another signing.
Excluding wide players I think we have Pratley, Brown, Galbraith, Warrington, Obeiro and possibly Chilvers/Moncur - I don't think we are light in that area If we bring in another one it potentially holds back the excellent Obeiro and also Makai Welch who is making rapid progress.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

My impression was we would play James at RB and Clare LB
-------------------------------
Clare is right footed and plays RB. James would play LB
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:30 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:05 am

Excluding wide players I think we have Pratley, Brown, Galbraith, Warrington, Obeiro and possibly Chilvers/Moncur - I don't think we are light in that area If we bring in another one it potentially holds back the excellent Obeiro and also Makai Welch who is making rapid progress.
Agree JES RW does like a midfielder. LB and striker needed then ready to go🤞
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I agree we look light on full backs. We have four decent central defenders, I wonder if RW believes Cooper could cover right back if required. He did play there a couple of times last season.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

DuvB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:44 pm My impression was we would play James at RB and Clare LB
Richie let Rob Hunt go because he wanted a more athletic LB . With what you’re saying then we still need to sign a new LB. Possibly Chilvers for Moncur and please God another striker . So 3 new players yet to come in ?
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:06 pm
DuvB wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:44 pm My impression was we would play James at RB and Clare LB
Richie let Rob Hunt go because he wanted a more athletic LB . With what you’re saying then we still need to sign a new LB. Possibly Chilvers for Moncur and please God another striker . So 3 new players yet to come in ?
Dont think I inferred that. Also Happe can play LB as he did at the start of his first team career