Sean Clare signs

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Sean Clare signs

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:24 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:15 pm Lot of people on here saying that we now need a keeper and a attacker/ forward I think that we ha e enough up front players
I would respectfully disagree with that, we have players who can play up front but no quality and if anyone thinks Kelman will have an impact are sadly mistaken imo
Dan Agyei, no quality ?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:29 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:24 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:15 pm Lot of people on here saying that we now need a keeper and a attacker/ forward I think that we ha e enough up front players
I would respectfully disagree with that, we have players who can play up front but no quality and if anyone thinks Kelman will have an impact are sadly mistaken imo
Dan Agyei, no quality ?
Yes I’ll give you that one but there’s nobody else that carries a goal threat imo
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Adz wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:46 am Wellens has no faith in James, was obvious he was looking for a first choice right back
Of course Richie has got faith in James otherwise the club wouldn't have re-signed him . As for Sean Clare he seems to have split opinions at his previous club . Then again Ruel Sotiriou split opinions at our club but I still wanted to see him stay . My point is let's wait and see how he play's for us .I think he's been brought in to play at left back and presumably the club has been looking at him for a while considering we paid a fee for him .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:13 am “Thank f***”
“bloke looked like he’d never kicked a ball”

One Wigan fan on twitter
Load of crap. Played 38 times last season
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:31 am Needed a Hunt like player who can cover both full back positions, but would be a bit underwhelmed if he's going into the first team, based on him not being deemed good enough by two clubs who finished below us last season.
Played 38 times last season. Hackney boy probably doesn't like Wigan
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:46 am Wellens has no faith in James, was obvious he was looking for a first choice right back
Totally disagree.

Wellens wants TJ in the starting team.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Same old negative crew come dashing out to post about their mates who just happen to support the clubs he just came from, who on several occasions have said the same thing with him in your team you’ll get relegated, is hilarious none have seen him play but he’s on the scrap heap already . We could sign Mbappe and the same little crew will be out with “ my mate who happens to support PSG says you’ll be relegated if you play him” I’d rather trust Wellens judgement any day over the numpties on here.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why did he give him a contract then?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:36 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:31 am Needed a Hunt like player who can cover both full back positions, but would be a bit underwhelmed if he's going into the first team, based on him not being deemed good enough by two clubs who finished below us last season.
Played 38 times last season. Hackney boy probably doesn't like Wigan
So he can't be as bad as some of the Wigan fans are making him out to be . Also being Hackney born he probably jumped at the chance to come back home . I have a feeling he's going to be a good signing .
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Might be an ok squad player

Given he was playing in the pub league for Hearts who we recently outclassed I’m not sure if he’s a league one standard full timer
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I don’t recall the lad but sounds alright to me. Look forward to seeing what he’s about.

Note we’ve signed him without a trial period.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

MassiveForehead wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:56 am My Charlton supporting mate who I asked about the DJ who gave a very glowing review of "he's crap" said about Clare:

Christ. You're getting relegated. If he plays right back, every left back and left winger will skin him. He's pony bless him. At Old Trafford every player did a job, and he was the only one who let us down. He was a makeshift CM shifted to RB, but was a striker at Hearts. He's a horrible watch. Good luck.

So I'm positively optimistic now.
If you start to read this board Sean you will gather, almost immediately, that O's fans have every confidence in new signings and give them every chance to settle in to their new home......Welcome to Brisbane road, Sean.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:00 pm
MassiveForehead wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:56 am My Charlton supporting mate who I asked about the DJ who gave a very glowing review of "he's crap" said about Clare:

Christ. You're getting relegated. If he plays right back, every left back and left winger will skin him. He's pony bless him. At Old Trafford every player did a job, and he was the only one who let us down. He was a makeshift CM shifted to RB, but was a striker at Hearts. He's a horrible watch. Good luck.

If you start to read this board Sean you will gather, almost immediately, that O's fans have every confidence in new signings and give them every chance to settle in to their new home......Welcome to Brisbane road, Sean.
:lol:
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

redintheface wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:05 pm

I'm actually more optimistic than you think about Clare. I don't think it's a bad signing, but I do find it interesting that there's a lot of people saying similar things.

Then again, what a lot of us were saying about Kyprianou - sometimes the best judges of players aren't those shouting in the stands.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

To play up top this is all we have

Agyei - strong, quick, scores goals, injury risk
Kelman - runs a lot, no physical presence
Perkins - a youth with no L1 experience

DJ - one of 3 fit wide players so if he has to go upfront we have no depth for wide players

It's very very obvious we need to replace Drinan and Pigott. Badly need someone in similar mould to Agyei so he doesn't have to play every minute of every game. Currently if he breaks down that's the end of any goal threat.

As for Clare hope he does go to RB and James currently to LB (pending another signing there) as Sweeney as first choice does not bode well.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

redintheface wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:05 pm

So , according to this Charlton supporter both DJ and Clare are both crap . Ok, I'll judge that for myself after I've seen them both play a few times .
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

My Hearts supporting chum saw virtually all of his games for the Jam Tarts. He personally, thought he was decent, but others were more critical of the "unpredictable" nature of his play. Gives 100% though and never hides
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Lifelongfan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:34 pm

One Wigan fan on twitter
Sam Ling played every week for Orient but was absolute sh*t. sh*t players get minutes.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:36 pm

One Wigan fan on twitter
Sam Ling played every week for Orient but was absolute sh*t. sh*t players get minutes.
While that's a valid point let's hope that's not the case with Sean Clare .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Yeah, he's so crap he played 38 times for Wigan last season in a team that would have finished above us if it wasn't for their points deduction . I'll judge him for myself when I see him play . After a few games if I think he's good or crap I'll say so .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:36 pm

One Wigan fan on twitter
Whilst that is indeed true, I'm not aware that Clare has any family in Wigan's higher echelons...
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Did he think Charlton would be top 6 last season like all the other Addicks fans?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Why offer him a new contract then ??
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:53 pm Might be an ok squad player

Given he was playing in the pub league for Hearts who we recently outclassed I’m not sure if he’s a league one standard full timer
You really are ignorant
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

I 💯 trust and have faith in RW rather than take the words from Charlton supporters.
As always some fans are never and will never be happy and love to moan about signings.