TODAYS FRIENDLY

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: TODAYS FRIENDLY

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:08 pm
Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:52 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:37 pm

How many more times, this club is cheap. They don’t have to pay hotel and travelling fees. So much for bringing in players early, making sure of a good pre season and bonding and as for block buster signings 😂😂😂😂 if the happy clappers haven’t realised by now you must be thick. Even if they do sign some players they will be other clubs rejects, Stevenage, Bristol Rovers, Northampton and even Burton have been more proactive than us. The Rev asked if we would have bought a ST if this was going to happen? The answer is most definitely NO.
As a bored office worker why don’t you just go and criticise another club. We really don’t need the likes of you around. I’ll even buy your ST off you if it ensures you go. By the way did you see today’s friendly result? A cheap club won.
Idiot
Were you saying that to those critical of Bechetti? Or do you pick and choose when fans can criticise their team
Unbelievable comparison
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

faith1234 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:33 pm There's always one spanner 🔧 if your not going to say something nice about the club we all love better go off and support another team Salford I heard are looking for fans and a team
And bollocks to you too👍
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:21 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:33 pm There's always one spanner 🔧 if your not going to say something nice about the club we all love better go off and support another team Salford I heard are looking for fans and a team
And bollocks to you too👍
Oh dear
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Lol
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

At times it so nice to be on this Board & hear all the nice friendly comments. I am quite down at the moment & it really cheers me up to see all the love & goodwill.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Probably, about half of the guys on the pitch today will feature for Hearts first team this season, so I think it was an impressive result and second half performance was also quite impressive. Reasons to be reasonably optimistic for the coming season
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

Friend or faux wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:07 pm At times it so nice to be on this Board & hear all the nice friendly comments. I am quite down at the moment & it really cheers me up to see all the love & goodwill.
To be fair, you've done your share of unfriendly comments in the last 18 months
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:25 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:21 pm
And bollocks to you too👍
Oh dear
I don’t know about the other 10, but you get up enough noses!
Last edited by cockhat on Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Celtient wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:12 pm Probably, about half of the guys on the pitch today will feature for Hearts first team this season, so I think it was an impressive result and second half performance was also quite impressive. Reasons to be reasonably optimistic for the coming season
Unlikely we’ll be fighting relegation!
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Celtient wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:12 pm Probably, about half of the guys on the pitch today will feature for Hearts first team this season, so I think it was an impressive result and second half performance was also quite impressive. Reasons to be reasonably optimistic for the coming season
Actually thought we looked better first half. The 3 of Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith were superb and as things stand are our first choice midfield.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Yeah, first half was fine, but seemed to have much more attacking threat second half. Could have scored a few more and stonewall penalty denied
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Celtient wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:32 pm Yeah, first half was fine, but seemed to have much more attacking threat second half. Could have scored a few more and stonewall penalty denied
That would be Agyei up top instead of Kelman, but yes agreed.

First half, other than the first 5 minutes, our midfield ran the show. That wasn’t the same second period.

(I wasn’t there, this was only from watching the stream which I know doesn’t give the same view)
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Agyei really did make a difference I thought, but I never choose to watch a game from behind the goal as I think that can also gives a false perspective
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I thought Kelman was decent in the first 45 mins he showed a lot of strength and pace and Hearts had trouble dealing with him, he set Galbraith up with a good chance which he missed. Ageyi though always looks like he has a goal in him.

Was impressed with Penny (first half left back) and Watson (in midfield in the second half) thought Watson looked after the ball very well.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Sign a keeper!!!
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Lots to be encouraged about in the match itself and the whole day was a lot of fun. The march to the ground behind the band was brilliant.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:50 pm I thought Kelman was decent in the first 45 mins he showed a lot of strength and pace and Hearts had trouble dealing with him, he set Galbraith up with a good chance which he missed. Ageyi though always looks like he has a goal in him.

Was impressed with Penny (first half left back) and Watson (in midfield in the second half) thought Watson looked after the ball very well.
You're at least the second person to say they were impressed with Penny . I think he deserves the club to take a closer look at him . He sounds like he could potentially be Hunts replacement .
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Yes, I agree, Penny looks a decent left back if today is anything to go by.
I was impressed overall and think that some of the pessimism on here is a bit OTT, again of today is anything to go by.
Obeiro was excellent in midfield and Graham put in some great crosses and we would have gone in at HT ahead but for an unfortunate mistake by our on trial’keeper.
Kelman worked hard, as did O’Neill and Beckles should have scored from one of Grahams excellent crosses.
I missed some of the 2nd half but Agyei looks dangerous as did the new guy Jayeisimi who scored the winner.
Overall I thought we played well and RW should be quite happy.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:50 pm I thought Kelman was decent in the first 45 mins he showed a lot of strength and pace and Hearts had trouble dealing with him, he set Galbraith up with a good chance which he missed. Ageyi though always looks like he has a goal in him.

Nah, Kelman ballsed up the pass to Galbraith. Charlie needed to unbalance the defender ahead of him by cutting back to his left, then releasing the pass to Ethan on his right. That was really bad forward play from him.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Eggski wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:57 pm Sign a keeper!!!
Not the one that played today tho, please.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:41 pm

You're at least the second person to say they were impressed with Penny . I think he deserves the club to take a closer look at him . He sounds like he could potentially be Hunts replacement .
He was the only one worth a second look.

The rest were all very meh.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Although Sweeney played well and is more suited to our high tempo, high pressing , high energy game than he is.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:25 pm
Actually thought we looked better first half. The 3 of Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith were superb and as things stand are our first choice midfield.
Did we play a 4 3 3?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:21 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:08 pm
Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:52 pm

As a bored office worker why don’t you just go and criticise another club. We really don’t need the likes of you around. I’ll even buy your ST off you if it ensures you go. By the way did you see today’s friendly result? A cheap club won.
Idiot
Were you saying that to those critical of Bechetti? Or do you pick and choose when fans can criticise their team
Unbelievable comparison
It isn’t. The club isn’t beyond criticism at any point
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:29 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:25 pm
Did we play a 4 3 3?
4-3-3/4-2-3-1 - Brown and Zec with Galbraith in behind Kelman. Brown holding and picking up the pieces, Zec all over the pitch. All 3 were really good.