Would Wellens….

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Re: Would Wellens….

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:07 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:47 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:44 pm

Actually Stan I have said good things about the club but you and so many others choose not to remember those,however when the chairman comes out with statements about exciting new players coming in that's what I expect and not second rate loan players or half a dozen trialists that nobody wants.
What good things have you said about the club? 3 examples please
I don’t like you as much as you don’t like me probably more but just this once,1) always said RW was the best manager for years 2) Think the chairman has done a wonderful job by keeping and saving the club.3) think some buys like Galbraith and Brown have been good acquisitions however it is my right as a paying customer to voice my opinion if I think there is something wrong with the club.
Is that it? Your 3 examples owners save club, good manager, 2 decent signings. Why don't you think others can't have opinions about you & your views without threatening say it to my face violence?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:08 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:04 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:57 pm

Please don’t use that language about me but if you would like to say it to my face I’d be more that happy to reply in person. I sit in the East Stand. Block D Row L Seat 85
Issuing say it to my face threats, while advertising a random seat number on LOFC's data records. Not the smartest of moves
Thought so bottle job🤷‍♀️
Why am I a bottle job. I've not called you names, I just asked you a couple of questions?
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:32 pm Jesus Monkey Boy, what do you enjoy or get excited about?
Do you enjoy being miserable and being so negative.
We win 7-0, yes it was 1st pre season game v NL opposition, but its 1st runout for all the players, and it was nice to see a few goals scored by a few of the new boys.

What would have made you happy and put a smile on your face, with last nights game??

Seriously, have you ever enjoyed a game, or ever been happy supporting Orient, always moaning, and never have anything positive to say about RW and LOFC.
Actually Stan I have said good things about the club but you and so many others choose not to remember those,however when the chairman comes out with statements about exciting new players coming in that's what I expect and not second rate loan players or half a dozen trialists that nobody wants.
We won 7-0 in our 1st pre season game
All the squad got a run out
New signings scored 4 of the 7 goals
And more signings to come over the next few weeks.
Oh yeah and the best news
Piggot off to Dons on loan, surely that will put a smile on you face and make you happy 🤔

As for your statement calling loans players 2nd rate, that’s your opinion, I believe in RW and have always been a fan of Kelman, so I disagree he is 2nd rate.

Perkins, I don’t know anything about him, but even if I have not seen him, I would not call him 2nd rate, very unfair, he scored last night, but this is your opinion.

As for Diallang Jaiyeisimi - again give the guy a chance, he scored last night, and imo, looks like a good signing.

I tend to give players a chance before I voice my opinion after I have seen a player play 10+ games for The O’s.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:56 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:49 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:22 pm

La Liga has hundreds of millions to spend, we have £3-4 million for our squad. If Wellens had a spare million, I know he'd find a goal scorer, we don't so we get what we get
The part about Spain playing in 442 has little to do with Wellins budget, it is a system now coming back into fashion, a few of the other Euro teams have also played that system.
But Spain played 4-2-3-1 last night in possesion & 4-4-2 out of possesion
All formations are fluid vary in structure according to the state of the game. Teams are never in a strict line, Ramseys world cup winning England team were supposedly using a 433 formation but in practice it was a very much more fluid formation than that and varied throughout the game with Hunt and Hurst as the two main strikers with Hunt tending to play off Hurst.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:19 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:04 pm

Issuing say it to my face threats, while advertising a random seat number on LOFC's data records. Not the smartest of moves
Why am I a bottle job. I've not called you names, I just asked you a couple of questions?
Sorry that was meant for Bonio “Christ, you’re a miserable b*stard “is what he called me I do apologise however you asked for 3 and I gave you three not that I have to give you any.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BoniO wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:56 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:39 am You may have seen from other posts I don't disagree with that. But Richie said the players we still need last night, and striker wasn't one of them.

Looking at the highlights reel, I wonder if this DJ is going to do that - he looks totally unpredictable, lacking in finesse, and completely not the sort of wide player Richie usually goes for. However with his pace, power and that unpredictability, I could see him doing a job up top....(this is pure speculation based on our current squad and a 4 minute highlights video).
I hope people are not getting carried away with last nights result, if this DJ were that good he would have been snapped up long before we got him,whilst I’m an admirer of Wellens imo he has certain flaws, he doesn’t seem to know how to pick a goal scorer,having pressing forwards is all well and good but they don’t score goals which to my mind is the main function. We have been lacking in that department since he arrived. He constantly goes back to the players he’s worked with before but doesn’t realise they may not be the same play/players. He also sticks to a 433 system and really changes however Spain played 442 last night yet nobody said that was old fashioned in fact it was embraced by the so called pundits. We will still struggle for goals this season.
Christ, you’re a miserable b*stard.
Please don’t use that language about me but if you would like to say it to my face I’d be more that happy to reply in person. I sit in the East Stand. Block D Row L Seat 85
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:23 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:56 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:49 pm

The part about Spain playing in 442 has little to do with Wellins budget, it is a system now coming back into fashion, a few of the other Euro teams have also played that system.
But Spain played 4-2-3-1 last night in possesion & 4-4-2 out of possesion
All formations are fluid vary in structure according to the state of the game. Teams are never in a strict line, Ramseys world cup winning England team were supposedly using a 433 formation but in practice it was a very much more fluid formation than that and varied throughout the game with Hunt and Hurst as the two main strikers with Hunt tending to play off Hurst.
So not 4-4-2 then
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:16 pm

Sorry that was meant for Bonio “Christ, you’re a miserable b*stard “is what he called me I do apologise however you asked for 3 and I gave you three not that I have to give you any.
If Bonio or anyone else called me a a miserable bast+rd, I'd chuckle & say cheers geezer. Not offer them out, thats so 1980's
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:29 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:32 pm Jesus Monkey Boy, what do you enjoy or get excited about?
We win 7-0, yes it was 1st pre season game v NL opposition, but its 1st runout for all the players, and it was nice to see a few goals scored by a few of the new boys.

What would have made you happy and put a smile on your face, with last nights game??

Seriously, have you ever enjoyed a game, or ever been happy supporting Orient, always moaning, and never have anything positive to say about RW and LOFC.
Piggot off to Dons on loan, surely that will put a smile on you face and make you happy 🤔

As for your statement calling loans players 2nd rate, that’s your opinion, I believe in RW and have always been a fan of Kelman, so I disagree he is 2nd rate.

Perkins, I don’t know anything about him, but even if I have not seen him, I would not call him 2nd rate, very unfair, he scored last night, but this is your opinion.

As for Diallang Jaiyeisimi - again give the guy a chance, he scored last night, and imo, looks like a good signing.

I tend to give players a chance before I voice my opinion after I have seen a player play 10+ games for The O’s.
If that’s your opinion Stan fair enough we are all entitled to that however I don’t appreciate the chairman coming out with statements that up to now have not been fulfilled and if I knew what I know now I wouldn’t have purchased a season ticket. I was waiting to see if RE signed a new contract and lo and behold two days before the season ticket deadline he signed,after a lot of speculation about him going. Funny that. I only bought a ST on that pretext. There that will satisfy all happy clappers on here.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:29 pm

If Bonio or anyone else called me a a miserable bast+rd, I'd chuckle & say cheers geezer. Not offer them out, thats so 1980's
Yeah I chuckle too when I read your posts👍
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:18 pm

I hope people are not getting carried away with last nights result, if this DJ were that good he would have been snapped up long before we got him,whilst I’m an admirer of Wellens imo he has certain flaws, he doesn’t seem to know how to pick a goal scorer,having pressing forwards is all well and good but they don’t score goals which to my mind is the main function. We have been lacking in that department since he arrived. He constantly goes back to the players he’s worked with before but doesn’t realise they may not be the same play/players. He also sticks to a 433 system and really changes however Spain played 442 last night yet nobody said that was old fashioned in fact it was embraced by the so called pundits. We will still struggle for goals this season.
Come on this is modern day social media , nothing is said face to face they hide behind a computer
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

DaveDunmore wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:41 pm

Come on this is modern day social media , nothing is said face to face they hide behind a computer
Yep
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:38 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:29 pm

Yeah I chuckle too when I read your posts👍
The old adage, 6 muscles to smile
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:57 pm

Hehe - like nobody has called you that before. Just stop being so bleedin negative all the time.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

:lol:

Let's get ready to rumble!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

“Do not forsake me oh my darlin’ …..”
WilliamTell
Fresh Alias

Post by WilliamTell »

Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:29 pm

If they all waited until they had seen someone pay 10 games before they voiced an opinion there would be a more favourable opinion on Howes maybe? Excluding friendlies he's only played 7?
Snowflake
Fresh Alias

Post by Snowflake »

I agree Brynn started to flap around in his las 5 games.Howes had a good last game of season.
We could afford maybe 5 or 6 games to see how he does at beginning ofcseason
Don't panicking Mr Manwaring :