Would Wellens….

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brigs
Fresh Alias

Re: Would Wellens….

Post by Brigs »

PKM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:54 am Blimey, what a bunch of bed-wetters.
Absolutely no faith or trust in the team that saved us and got us back to L1 in short order.
Unbelievable, you hardly deserve a team to support.
It's the same old same old every season from the same motley bunch with a few others jumping on the bandwagon
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:36 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:49 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:31 am

He must have a clause in his contract that stipulates if another club comes in, he can go? personally, I think he was mad. He should’ve gone while his stock was high. this club has and always will be the same. to say our window so far has been disastrous is an understatement, putting a derisory bid in for a player knowing full well it will get turned down is a joke. They can then turn round to the supporters and say “ we tried”. If people on here think Kelman and a couple of below par signings is the answer are delusional. Unless this club go out and sign a good goalkeeper, left back, box to box midfielder and a decent forward it will be goodbye league one hello conference.
Dont know about the.... goodbye league one hello conference....but by the end of this season Os may well be struggling to avoid going back to Division Two ! Well If that did happen then one bad season could see Os struggling to avoid a return to the National League, of course there are so many if's and but's in life before that might happen ! !
Morale seems pretty low all round at the moment Sid. This coming season is one of the least I'm looking forward to in recent times. But of course, things can suddenly change for the better. Lets hope we get some encouragement between now and kick off..
I've only seen low morale on this board. I am looking forward to this season as are 1 or 2 of my buddies.
Low morale in support here isn't what is felt by the majority of O's fans
idontkn0 M
Fresh Alias

Post by idontkn0 M »

WhetstoneO wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:24 am
PKM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:54 am Blimey, what a bunch of bed-wetters.
Absolutely no faith or trust in the team that saved us and got us back to L1 in short order.
Unbelievable, you hardly deserve a team to support.
Absolutely this

True. It's crazy. Some have not earned your faith yet? The players retained and signed. The players returned and returning from injury. The "deadwood" leaving/left.

He does love Kelman though, no way he isn't number 2 to Agyei, like it or not.

Unless Richie expresses genuine anger or anything them I'm trusting the process. Graham, Agyei, O'Neill....that is a spoil of riches up top and aswell with Theo coming back. Centre backs is an incredible set imo.

Work to be done for sure and Richie knows what's needed. Fingers crossed.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:15 am
The Reverend wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm … have signed a contact extension knowing that Charlie Kelman was going to be the “major” transfer of the summer?

No chance. There will bodies coming in the building, don’t worry. Wellens would not have committed his future to a club with a weaker squad than last season.
He must have a clause in his contract that stipulates if another club comes in, he can go? personally, I think he was mad. He should’ve gone while his stock was high. this club has and always will be the same. to say our window so far has been disastrous is an understatement, putting a derisory bid in for a player knowing full well it will get turned down is a joke. They can then turn round to the supporters and say “ we tried”. If people on here think Kelman and a couple of below par signings is the answer are delusional. Unless this club go out and sign a good goalkeeper, left back, box to box midfielder and a decent forward it will be goodbye league one hello conference.
We could get relegated back to League 2 but with our current set up I doubt we'll ever see the National League again ......thankfully .
Yes I think we would sink in two seasons if these bad signings continue. The funny thing is that people on here are now talking about relegation not much talk about reaching the playoffs, and that to me points what people are expecting this season. RW himself has said how tough this season will be. So have the board backed him thus far.Not imo
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Once we know what quality of keeper, 2 full backs and 2 midfielder we're getting, people can start speculating on how we'll perform. Mizouni didn't sign for his first loan spell with us until August so this idea that early business is essential is obviously bollox. Has it's advantages in terms of integrating into the set up, but means you can't bring in players who are only freed up by the selling club signing who they need.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

You don’t have to be a bed wetter to know we have had a pisss poor transfer window so far. I wouldn’t mind if the chairman told us we had no money but they have indicated we would be excited by who we were bringing in. I’m not excited. We have also lost El Miz and our top goalscorer.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:55 am Once we know what quality of keeper, 2 full backs and 2 midfielder we're getting, people can start speculating on how we'll perform
Where's the fun in that?
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:06 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:55 am Once we know what quality of keeper, 2 full backs and 2 midfielder we're getting, people can start speculating on how we'll perform
Where's the fun in that?
If it is looked at from good & bad by the bedwetters fair enough, but it never is. They just lambast employees of the club & the owners for the pleasure of it. If I was so malevolent to Leyton Orient FC, I think I'd give up watching us.
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm … have signed a contact extension knowing that Charlie Kelman was going to be the “major” transfer of the summer?

No chance. There will bodies coming in the building, don’t worry. Wellens would not have committed his future to a club with a weaker squad than last season.
You’ve been banging on about Wellens leaving for the past +18mths and been consistently wrong. At some point he will leave either by his own accord or by the clubs choice. Can’t wait for you to come on here and start spouting off your “told you so” nonsense then.
Leger Ritson
Fresh Alias

Post by Leger Ritson »

There are people on here who talk about piss poor signings and relegation as if they are facts not just opinions and Speculation.
Why don't we all just wait and see.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Brigs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:49 am

Dont know about the.... goodbye league one hello conference....but by the end of this season Os may well be struggling to avoid going back to Division Two ! Well If that did happen then one bad season could see Os struggling to avoid a return to the National League, of course there are so many if's and but's in life before that might happen ! !
Morale seems pretty low all round at the moment Sid. This coming season is one of the least I'm looking forward to in recent times. But of course, things can suddenly change for the better. Lets hope we get some encouragement between now and kick off..
I've only seen low morale on this board. I am looking forward to this season as are 1 or 2 of my buddies.
OK, let's change that: 'my'morale and expectations are not at a high point at this moment in time.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:20 pm
Brigs wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 am

OK, let's change that: 'my'morale and expectations are not at a high point at this moment in time.
Thank you. I don't mind if someone isn't happy, but to say none of us are is a bit of a cheek.
Sorry to be a pest on it, but the Bedwetting freaks annoying the f*ck out of me.
They are merely fans outside of a club & not some authority on Football.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:56 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:39 am You may have seen from other posts I don't disagree with that. But Richie said the players we still need last night, and striker wasn't one of them.

Looking at the highlights reel, I wonder if this DJ is going to do that - he looks totally unpredictable, lacking in finesse, and completely not the sort of wide player Richie usually goes for. However with his pace, power and that unpredictability, I could see him doing a job up top....(this is pure speculation based on our current squad and a 4 minute highlights video).
I hope people are not getting carried away with last nights result, if this DJ were that good he would have been snapped up long before we got him,whilst I’m an admirer of Wellens imo he has certain flaws, he doesn’t seem to know how to pick a goal scorer,having pressing forwards is all well and good but they don’t score goals which to my mind is the main function. We have been lacking in that department since he arrived. He constantly goes back to the players he’s worked with before but doesn’t realise they may not be the same play/players. He also sticks to a 433 system and really changes however Spain played 442 last night yet nobody said that was old fashioned in fact it was embraced by the so called pundits. We will still struggle for goals this season.
Yes you are quite correct, Spain national team played open and attacking 442 last night in their win against France and looked all the better for it !
Quite commonly used now in LaLiga, twin strikers and moved on from the Tiki-taka or Tiqui-taca style of play '' characterised by short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels'' But what ever you do, dont mention 442 too much on this forum !!
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:10 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:39 am You may have seen from other posts I don't disagree with that. But Richie said the players we still need last night, and striker wasn't one of them.

Looking at the highlights reel, I wonder if this DJ is going to do that - he looks totally unpredictable, lacking in finesse, and completely not the sort of wide player Richie usually goes for. However with his pace, power and that unpredictability, I could see him doing a job up top....(this is pure speculation based on our current squad and a 4 minute highlights video).
I hope people are not getting carried away with last nights result, if this DJ were that good he would have been snapped up long before we got him,whilst I’m an admirer of Wellens imo he has certain flaws, he doesn’t seem to know how to pick a goal scorer,having pressing forwards is all well and good but they don’t score goals which to my mind is the main function. We have been lacking in that department since he arrived. He constantly goes back to the players he’s worked with before but doesn’t realise they may not be the same play/players. He also sticks to a 433 system and really changes however Spain played 442 last night yet nobody said that was old fashioned in fact it was embraced by the so called pundits. We will still struggle for goals this season.
Yes you are quite correct, Spain national team played open and attacking 442 last night in their win against France and looked all the better for it !
Quite commonly used now in LaLiga, twin strikers and moved on from the Tiki-taka or Tiqui-taca style of play '' characterised by short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels'' But what ever you do, dont mention 442 too much on this forum !!
La Liga has hundreds of millions to spend, we have £3-4 million for our squad. If Wellens had a spare million, I know he'd find a goal scorer, we don't so we get what we get
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:22 pm

La Liga has hundreds of millions to spend, we have £3-4 million for our squad. If Wellens had a spare million, I know he'd find a goal scorer, we don't so we get what we get
The part about Spain playing in 442 has little to do with Wellins budget, it is a system now coming back into fashion, a few of the other Euro teams have also played that system.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:49 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:22 pm

The part about Spain playing in 442 has little to do with Wellins budget, it is a system now coming back into fashion, a few of the other Euro teams have also played that system.
But Spain played 4-2-3-1 last night in possesion & 4-4-2 out of possesion
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Christ, you’re a miserable b*stard.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Jesus Monkey Boy, what do you enjoy or get excited about?
Do you enjoy being miserable and being so negative.
We win 7-0, yes it was 1st pre season game v NL opposition, but its 1st runout for all the players, and it was nice to see a few goals scored by a few of the new boys.

What would have made you happy and put a smile on your face, with last nights game??

Seriously, have you ever enjoyed a game, or ever been happy supporting Orient, always moaning, and never have anything positive to say about RW and LOFC.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Ron Waffle wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:32 pm

You’ve been banging on about Wellens leaving for the past +18mths and been consistently wrong. At some point he will leave either by his own accord or by the clubs choice. Can’t wait for you to come on here and start spouting off your “told you so” nonsense then.
Then hold that thought👍
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:32 pm Jesus Monkey Boy, what do you enjoy or get excited about?
We win 7-0, yes it was 1st pre season game v NL opposition, but its 1st runout for all the players, and it was nice to see a few goals scored by a few of the new boys.

What would have made you happy and put a smile on your face, with last nights game??

Seriously, have you ever enjoyed a game, or ever been happy supporting Orient, always moaning, and never have anything positive to say about RW and LOFC.
Actually Stan I have said good things about the club but you and so many others choose not to remember those,however when the chairman comes out with statements about exciting new players coming in that's what I expect and not second rate loan players or half a dozen trialists that nobody wants.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:44 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:32 pm Jesus Monkey Boy, what do you enjoy or get excited about?

Actually Stan I have said good things about the club but you and so many others choose not to remember those,however when the chairman comes out with statements about exciting new players coming in that's what I expect and not second rate loan players or half a dozen trialists that nobody wants.
What good things have you said about the club? 3 examples please
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BoniO wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:14 pm

Please don’t use that language about me but if you would like to say it to my face I’d be more that happy to reply in person. I sit in the East Stand. Block D Row L Seat 85
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:57 pm

Please don’t use that language about me but if you would like to say it to my face I’d be more that happy to reply in person. I sit in the East Stand. Block D Row L Seat 85
Issuing say it to my face threats, while advertising a random seat number on LOFC's data records. Not the smartest of moves
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:47 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:44 pm

What good things have you said about the club? 3 examples please
I don’t like you as much as you don’t like me probably more but just this once,1) always said RW was the best manager for years 2) Think the chairman has done a wonderful job by keeping and saving the club.3) think some buys like Galbraith and Brown have been good acquisitions however it is my right as a paying customer to voice my opinion if I think there is something wrong with the club.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:04 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:57 pm

Issuing say it to my face threats, while advertising a random seat number on LOFC's data records. Not the smartest of moves
Thought so bottle job🤷‍♀️