Would Wellens….

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Would Wellens….

Post by The Reverend »

… have signed a contact extension knowing that Charlie Kelman was going to be the “major” transfer of the summer?

No chance. There will bodies coming in the building, don’t worry. Wellens would not have committed his future to a club with a weaker squad than last season.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Would Wellens….

Post by gshaw »

Just seen the below posted on Facebook, sounds about right though no mention about the Pigott situation...
"Just interviewed Richie.
We still need two full backs, Two Midfielders and a keeper"
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

gshaw wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:45 pm Just seen the below posted on Facebook, sounds about right though no mention about the Pigott situation...
You’d think a striker or two would be on that list…..
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

PKM wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:49 pm
gshaw wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:45 pm Just seen the below posted on Facebook, sounds about right though no mention about the Pigott situation...
Richie loves to have an abundance of midfield players. Surely he cannot be that happy with the quality of the three forwards added to the squad and two of them are loan players !! Looks like Sam Howes might be the number one keeper for next season ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:58 pm

Richie loves to have an abundance of midfield players. Surely he cannot be that happy with the quality of the three forwards added to the squad and two of them are loan players !! Looks like Sam Howes might be the number one keeper for next season ?
No , it sounds like we are signing another keeper and if Pigott does move on to Wimbledon I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in another striker .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

This is my concern. Kelman is second choice striker. F*cks sake.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:58 pm

Richie is saying we are getting a new keeper. So no, Sam Howes is not first choice.

We don’t have an abundance of midfielder either.

6 - Brown
8 - Prats, Obeiro
10 Galbraith, Moncs

So yeah, bearing in mind Zech is just 19, 2 more is right.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Think he must be shocked by the lack of ambition by the club this year. He was given a list of non league players by a certain person .... told to get a diamond 💎. Mid table will be a good job by RW. Think his realised he was sold a pup 🐶
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:45 pm
This is my concern. Kelman is second choice striker. F*cks sake.
I see Kelman as more a replacement for Sotiriou . Hopefully when Pigott moves to Wimbledon I think we'll sign another striker .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Wellens loves Kelman. I imagine he was top of his wish list.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The Reverend wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm … have signed a contact extension knowing that Charlie Kelman was going to be the “major” transfer of the summer?

No chance. There will bodies coming in the building, don’t worry. Wellens would not have committed his future to a club with a weaker squad than last season.
He must have a clause in his contract that stipulates if another club comes in, he can go? personally, I think he was mad. He should’ve gone while his stock was high. this club has and always will be the same. to say our window so far has been disastrous is an understatement, putting a derisory bid in for a player knowing full well it will get turned down is a joke. They can then turn round to the supporters and say “ we tried”. If people on here think Kelman and a couple of below par signings is the answer are delusional. Unless this club go out and sign a good goalkeeper, left back, box to box midfielder and a decent forward it will be goodbye league one hello conference.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

2 of the 3 players we've signed Wellens has worked with before. Suggests to me he's getting more control over who we sign than before. Seems to love Kelman for some reason.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Because of his press.

To be fair, we have less of the ball in L1 than we did in L2 so I do get that. He just needs to beef up a bit.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I get that, but he's also quite rubbish as a striker and we have an issue scoring goals. He's a decent Ruel replacement in the sense he's a hard working jack of all trades, but definitely not suitable for the back up role to Agyei.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

You may have seen from other posts I don't disagree with that. But Richie said the players we still need last night, and striker wasn't one of them.

Looking at the highlights reel, I wonder if this DJ is going to do that - he looks totally unpredictable, lacking in finesse, and completely not the sort of wide player Richie usually goes for. However with his pace, power and that unpredictability, I could see him doing a job up top....(this is pure speculation based on our current squad and a 4 minute highlights video).
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:31 am
The Reverend wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:36 pm … have signed a contact extension knowing that Charlie Kelman was going to be the “major” transfer of the summer?

He must have a clause in his contract that stipulates if another club comes in, he can go? personally, I think he was mad. He should’ve gone while his stock was high. this club has and always will be the same. to say our window so far has been disastrous is an understatement, putting a derisory bid in for a player knowing full well it will get turned down is a joke. They can then turn round to the supporters and say “ we tried”. If people on here think Kelman and a couple of below par signings is the answer are delusional. Unless this club go out and sign a good goalkeeper, left back, box to box midfielder and a decent forward it will be goodbye league one hello conference.
Dont know about the.... goodbye league one hello conference....but by the end of this season Os may well be struggling to avoid going back to Division Two ! Well If that did happen then one bad season could see Os struggling to avoid a return to the National League, of course there are so many if's and but's in life before that might happen ! !
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Eggski wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:36 am Think he must be shocked by the lack of ambition by the club this year. He was given a list of non league players by a certain person .... told to get a diamond 💎. Mid table will be a good job by RW. Think his realised he was sold a pup 🐶
Idiot :lol:
:lol:
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:49 am

Dont know about the.... goodbye league one hello conference....but by the end of this season Os may well be struggling to avoid going back to Division Two ! Well If that did happen then one bad season could see Os struggling to avoid a return to the National League, of course there are so many if's and but's in life before that might happen ! !
Morale seems pretty low all round at the moment Sid. This coming season is one of the least I'm looking forward to in recent times. But of course, things can suddenly change for the better. Lets hope we get some encouragement between now and kick off..
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Blimey, what a bunch of bed-wetters.
Absolutely no faith or trust in the team that saved us and got us back to L1 in short order.
Unbelievable, you hardly deserve a team to support.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

PKM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:54 am Blimey, what a bunch of bed-wetters.
Absolutely no faith or trust in the team that saved us and got us back to L1 in short order.
Agreed
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:39 am You may have seen from other posts I don't disagree with that. But Richie said the players we still need last night, and striker wasn't one of them.

Looking at the highlights reel, I wonder if this DJ is going to do that - he looks totally unpredictable, lacking in finesse, and completely not the sort of wide player Richie usually goes for. However with his pace, power and that unpredictability, I could see him doing a job up top....(this is pure speculation based on our current squad and a 4 minute highlights video).
I hope people are not getting carried away with last nights result, if this DJ were that good he would have been snapped up long before we got him,whilst I’m an admirer of Wellens imo he has certain flaws, he doesn’t seem to know how to pick a goal scorer,having pressing forwards is all well and good but they don’t score goals which to my mind is the main function. We have been lacking in that department since he arrived. He constantly goes back to the players he’s worked with before but doesn’t realise they may not be the same play/players. He also sticks to a 433 system and really changes however Spain played 442 last night yet nobody said that was old fashioned in fact it was embraced by the so called pundits. We will still struggle for goals this season.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Wrong, when praise is due I give it so do others on here, when there seems to be a problem then we are entitled to say so just like you have., I like so many others on here have bought a ST and payed up front to hopefully watch entertaining football not to watch second rate loan players or ex injury pron players.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

We could get relegated back to League 2 but with our current set up I doubt we'll ever see the National League again ......thankfully .
WhetstoneO
Fresh Alias

Post by WhetstoneO »

Absolutely this
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:15 am

We could get relegated back to League 2 but with our current set up I doubt we'll ever see the National League again ......thankfully .
We could be top 10 championship in 6 years time.
The possibility of both scenarios could play out.
Choose the one you want to back