Kelman

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Re: Kelman

Post by Highwood Man »

We have to get another striker in. Otherwise, an injury to Agyei would see us with a strike force of Kelman (underwhelming), Perkins (never scored a league goal) and Pigott ( two kids who were plainly nowhere near League 1 football were preferred to him at the back end of last season). In that situation, relegation would be absolutely nailed on in my book.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:12 pm
banqo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:47 pm To all the bedwetters, maybe,just maybe, we're keeping back the budget because we may need it for El Miz??
Unless El Miz can play 3 positions at the same time we still need to recruit the other spots, as above you can't expect a single player (Agyei) to play the entire season
I never said that,I know we need more players, I'm just not bedwetting like you and lots of others!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:08 pm The least surprising signing ever, January / June same difference

I don't mind this one as the Sotiriou replacement, provided we're looking for a quality backup / competition for Agyei
Perkins .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Highwood Man wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:45 pm We have to get another striker in. Otherwise, an injury to Agyei would see us with a strike force of Kelman (underwhelming), Perkins (never scored a league goal) and Pigott ( two kids who were plainly nowhere near League 1 football were preferred to him at the back end of last season). In that situation, relegation would be absolutely nailed on in my book.
Exactly . Also with losing our top goal scorer and potentially Galbraith our Summer transfer business so far has been awful , ,That's not including our existing players who have just renewed their contracts .
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:44 pm All you pessimists must lead an incredibly sad life as all you can do is moan, moan, moan.
Get a life and spread your venom elsewhere. Who needs enemies if we have supporters like you lot.
Utterly pitiful people, aren't they.
They're so tragic, I 'almost' feel sorry for them.

Slaughtering Perkins in particular - a young player of whom most have never even seen a kick a ball.
Like everyone, I have problems in my life, but give thanks I'm not one of these tragic losers. They're not "supporters", that's for sure.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:44 pm All you pessimists must lead an incredibly sad life as all you can do is moan, moan, moan.
Get a life and spread your venom elsewhere. Who needs enemies if we have supporters like you lot.
It’s a forum and at the moment a democracy, so people are having there say just as you are. All these do gooders think the sun shines out of the club’s backside, we have just seen the two new signings and there definitely out of the backside.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

georgeleyo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:18 pm That’s a strange one. He was out of contract at QPR
No he was not . He signed a new contract with QPR
Mightynewsman
Fresh Alias

Post by Mightynewsman »

Think of it like this devante Cole free agent 18 goals last season
Kelman career record
131 professional games and 17 goals
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

This is a great like for like for Sotiriou. Last season was the first time ever Ruel got double figures. He was 7-9 per season. He well over achieved but I think it’s his work rate that BR bought him in and his versatility. Charlie is a similar player and will slot in nicely. He scored 7 for us when he was last here and I think a similar tally will be fine.

He is not the main striker and not was Ruel it just worked out he scored what he did due to others being out due to injury.

As stated on previous posts the cash saved will go on a keeper of quality and CDM and maybe one other striker.

Clever bit of business if you ask me.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

banqo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:03 pm
banqo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:47 pm To all the bedwetters, maybe,just maybe, we're keeping back the budget because we may need it for El Miz??
Unless El Miz can play 3 positions at the same time we still need to recruit the other spots, as above you can't expect a single player (Agyei) to play the entire season
I never said that,I know we need more players, I'm just not bedwetting like you and lots of others!
As per every post I've made on this so far the context of these first couple of players depends on the next 5. It's just simple numbers looking at last season's squad compared to the present and seeing a lot of gaps that need filling with first XI quality.

I don't mind Kelman, certainly not as down on him as some posts on social media have been.

The Perkins signing is a pretty underwhelming one given his lack of senior pro game time, hopefully just a cheap filler much like Wareham was. If it turns out that way getting Kelman and Perkins for less than the price of one Sotiriou is shrewd business.

With a week to go before the first pre-season game I don't think it's unusual to be less than enthusiastic at not having a #1 GK, LB or CDM sorted yet.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Ruel did
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:38 pm
redintheface wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:48 pm Willing runner who always gives 100% but to what extent does it boost our goalscoring capability?
Willing runner who always gives 100% ....So did Ruel, but he also scored goals and we let him go for peanuts !
Agree Sid -on the face of it doesn’t appear to be likely to significantly improve the goals for column!
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:58 pm
It’s a forum and at the moment a democracy, so people are having there say just as you are. All these do gooders think the sun shines out of the club’s backside, we have just seen the two new signings and there definitely out of the backside.
Of course it’s just a forum and we do live in a democracy so of course you can be sad and moan. Just wonder why you waste time bashing Orient. At least you have a club to bash and I wonder if you’d be happier bashing a phantom team. Mind you they’d be getting this all wrong as well. No one thinks the sun shines out of their backsides but you clearly need something shoved somewhere…
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Nigel said we would be excited about our new signings ......Ermmm , yeah :(
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Wigan fans absolutely brutal about Kelman.

What have we done??? 🥲

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/thre ... on.137651/
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:29 pm Wigan fans absolutely brutal about Kelman.

What have we done??? 🥲

I'm not surprised .
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:29 pm Wigan fans absolutely brutal about Kelman.

What have we done??? 🥲

If their football knowledge is twice as much as this message board take it with a pinch of salt
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

What have we done??? 🥲

Will score the winners against them now
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Are other clubs forums as negative as this forum about new signings?
Even if we signed a young prem super kid on loan, all L1 teams were trying to sign, some moaners would still moan he’s not experienced or never played in L1.
Maybe just let the club get on with building the squad for this season and judge new incoming players by performances on the pitch.
And get behind your club and players.
💪🏻💪🏻
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pm Are other clubs forums as negative as this forum about new signings?
Even if we signed a young prem super kid on loan, all L1 teams were trying to sign, some moaners would still moan he’s not experienced or never played in L1.
Maybe just let the club get on with building the squad for this season and judge new incoming players by performances on the pitch.
💪🏻💪🏻
You're forgetting we've already seen Kelman play .
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Stan1972 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pm Are other clubs forums as negative as this forum about new signings?
💪🏻💪🏻
Well said Stan,
Think we need to give both Perkins and Kelman a chance, ie at least 10 games before forming an accurate opinion,
If Ritchie is happy with these players then most fans should be. Personally I see Agyei being first choice as our No.9 with Kelman as back up / sub with Perkins being used sparingly until he’s used to the rough and tumble of League One Football.
Hopefully we can offload Pigott and Moncur now before bringing in El Mizouni
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

💪🏻💪🏻
After the January disappointment you can understand cynicism about the summer window so far, nothing to get excited by yet at all.

Seems we've signed some squad filler which is fine to an extent, now we need to see some big ticket signings for the starting XI.

In Wellens we have an exceptional manager, he needs to be backed and the DoF needs to deliver the players he wants unlike the previous window.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:20 pm
💪🏻💪🏻
Well said Stan,
Think we need to give both Perkins and Kelman a chance, ie at least 10 games before forming an accurate opinion,
If Ritchie is happy with these players then most fans should be. Personally I see Agyei being first choice as our No.9 with Kelman as back up / sub with Perkins being used sparingly until he’s used to the rough and tumble of League One Football.
Agyei is currently our only proper striker . We'll need to wrap him in cotton wool because Kelman and Perkins will be powder puff . Don't forget we've already seen Kelman play while in League 2 so can form an immediate opinion .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Winchestorfan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:07 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:58 pm
Of course it’s just a forum and we do live in a democracy so of course you can be sad and moan. Just wonder why you waste time bashing Orient. At least you have a club to bash and I wonder if you’d be happier bashing a phantom team. Mind you they’d be getting this all wrong as well. No one thinks the sun shines out of their backsides but you clearly need something shoved somewhere…
I can say what I like within reason and I wasn’t insulting to you, but if you want to get personal bring it on pal or stop reading my comments because I’m certainly not taking yours on board. I’m a ST holder and have every right to Praise and to criticise when needed.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:43 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:20 pm
💪🏻💪🏻
Well said Stan,
Agyei is currently our only proper striker . We'll need to wrap him in cotton wool because Kelman and Perkins will be powder puff . Don't forget we've already seen Kelman play while in League 2 so can form an immediate opinion .
Yes, I take your point but I would hope that Kelman has improved in the year that he’s been away from us at Wigan and QPR, so I’m willing to wait and give him a chance. My slight doubt is that in L2 when he played in that central strike role for us I remember that some games passed him by a bit and he hardly touched the ball. This was down to a lack of service at times though so maybe not all his fault 🤔