Kelman

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Kelman

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Striker number 2. Underwhelming.

Hopefully RW will get a tune out of him, he’s got all the talent. Couldn’t find him in the right positions last time he was here.
Last edited by BiggsyMalone on Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Kelman

Post by Orient Punxx »

Fine by me!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The least surprising signing ever, January / June same difference

I don't mind this one as the Sotiriou replacement, provided we're looking for a quality backup / competition for Agyei
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Really strange this never happened at the start of last season or in Jan, missed a sitter for Wigan against us
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Underwhelmed
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

I look forward to his 5 goal haul.
georgeleyo
Fresh Alias

Post by georgeleyo »

That’s a strange one. He was out of contract at QPR
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:08 pm The least surprising signing ever, January / June same difference

I don't mind this one as the Sotiriou replacement, provided we're looking for a quality backup / competition for Agyei
That’s my thinking. He suits Richie’s system. If he can score 10/15 goals then we’re no worse off. Big if though.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:22 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:08 pm The least surprising signing ever, January / June same difference

That’s my thinking. He suits Richie’s system. If he can score 10/15 goals then we’re no worse off. Big if though.
Here's how I'm thinking (hoping) it's playing out...

Sotiriou wanted big bucks to stay, based on the comments about breaking wage structure likely north of 4k p/w and RW saw him as a bench player

We bring in Kelman and Perkins on loan only paying part of their wages, potentially not even spending half the amount Ruel wanted to stay and getting two players for the price of one. The difference can then go on the key signings at GK, CDM and (big if here) the ST to cover Agyei (Pigott replacement)

Much depends on the next signings which need to be big ticket ones to give us a squad that can compete in what's looking like a very tough league.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

My god how bad is this going to get. Two waisted loans and terrible ones at that, this has got relegation written all over it. How much cheaper can this club get. Don’t answer that.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Could be that's your lot ?
With Kelman,he might match Ruels workrate at keeping defenders under pressure but can he score as many goals as Ruel does ?
Might be that Perkins is the backup / competition for Agyei, if so, then does not seem that good especially if ( as rumoured )' Galbrath does leave.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Welcome back Charlie. In RW we trust and he is delighted at this signing.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:27 pm My god how bad is this going to get. Two waisted loans and terrible ones at that, this has got relegation written all over it. How much cheaper can this club get. Don’t answer that.
''Money's too tight to mention'' and Kelman in place of Ruel !
Also rumour that Galbraith might be sold as well, could be a long hard season ahead ?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

One more 💩 signing and I won’t be going even though I’ve renewed my ST. I can’t sit through this crap this season
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Adz wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:14 pmUnderwhelmed
Yeah, so far we're having a poor Summer . Our top goal scorer leaves with Galbraith pending . I'm completely underwhelmed . We could well be in trouble next season . What the hell are they thinking at Orient . If this is what we can expect they had better tell Huddersfield to bugger off because we're going to need players like Galbraith just to stay in League 1 . Fcuk the money .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:24 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Here's how I'm thinking (hoping) it's playing out...

Sotiriou wanted big bucks to stay, based on the comments about breaking wage structure likely north of 4k p/w and RW saw him as a bench player

We bring in Kelman and Perkins on loan only paying part of their wages, potentially not even spending half the amount Ruel wanted to stay and getting two players for the price of one. The difference can then go on the key signings at GK, CDM and (big if here) the ST to cover Agyei (Pigott replacement)

Much depends on the next signings which need to be big ticket ones to give us a squad that can compete in what's looking like a very tough league.
For whatever reasons, if you had been in charge of the Os, you would have been unwilling to pay Ruel even £500 a week in wages !!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:27 pm My god how bad is this going to get. Two waisted loans and terrible ones at that, this has got relegation written all over it. How much cheaper can this club get. Don’t answer that.
Two loans suggest money is being spent elsewhere. El Miz hopefully.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:35 pm For whatever reasons, if you had been in charge of the Os, you would have been unwilling to pay Ruel even £500 a week in wages !!
Correct, never liked his attitude back from when he refused to turn up to training, well done RW for not putting up with his demands this time around.
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:27 pm

With Kelman,he might match Ruels workrate at keeping defenders under pressure but can he score as many goals as Ruel does ?
Might be that Perkins is the backup / competition for Agyei, if so, then does not seem that good especially if ( as rumoured )' Galbrath does leave.
We'll be in trouble if so, there's no target man there to cover Agyei so a huge risk if he picks up an injury. Perkins doesn't look particularly physically imposing?

I wonder if any further ST signing very much relies on Pigott being moved on, could be we're stuck until right at the end of the window leaving little time to replace like what happened in January with Drinan.

In pure numbers we've seen Drinan, Sotiriou and Forde leave and so far only Kelman and Perkins come in. Still short on numbers as it stands, more incomings required.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:35 pm
The East Stand toilets, there going to need them with the 💩they have brought in so far.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:36 pm

We'll be in trouble if so, there's no target man there to cover Agyei so a huge risk if he picks up an injury. Perkins doesn't look particularly physically imposing?

I wonder if any further ST signing very much relies on Pigott being moved on, could be we're stuck until right at the end of the window leaving little time to replace like what happened in January with Drinan.

In pure numbers we've seen Drinan, Sotiriou and Forde leave and so far only Kelman and Perkins come in. Still short on numbers as it stands, more incomings required.
'''Still short on numbers as it stands, more incomings required''
You and me both, otherwise we could be in bother !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Maybe but we're going to need. to keep Galbraith along side him if our strikers are going to be that pony . Remember we're still stuck with that donkey Pigott . .
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:32 pm One more 💩 signing and I won’t be going even though I’ve renewed my ST. I can’t sit through this crap this season
"Always look on the bright side of life, always look on the light side of life........."
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:36 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:35 pm For whatever reasons, if you had been in charge of the Os, you would have been unwilling to pay Ruel even £500 a week in wages !!
Correct, never liked his attitude back from when he refused to turn up to training, well done RW for not putting up with his demands this time around.

Pure numbers , but what about quality . ? So far our signings have been poor .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:39 pm
Maybe but we're going to need. to keep Galbraith along side him if our strikers are going to be that pony . Remember we're still stuck with that donkey Pigott . .
Putin is nothing, if Ling and Southgate got together they could destroy the world.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Willing runner who always gives 100% but to what extent does it boost our goalscoring capability?