Any one else feeling sick

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Any one else feeling sick

Post by aylesburyos »

Must admit feeling sick at the moment. Just want the match finished with us Champs. Any one else got nerves?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Any one else feeling sick

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Post match Monday I was ecstatic. Literally convinced it was done and dusted.

The longer this Weeknd rages on, the more that doubt creeps in.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Me too.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

I will be nervous on the day even though we are in a great position.
I remember that before the Oxford game started I was so tense that I wanted to leave the ground, I didn't. It won't be anywhere near as bad as that on Sat but I will start worrying if we go a goal down.
The curse of being an O's fan.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Man up ffs
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

NOM wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 amMan up ffs
:D
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

It's Braintree for godness sake!

A team who will be playing 6th tier football next season. Just because they've won a couple of inconsequential games on the bounce against two teams in the bottom half of the table doesn't mean they are suddenly Man City.

I appreciate that mathematically it isn't decided yet, and it isn't beyond the realm of possibility for the unthinkable to happen, but if you can't be optimistic and positive in our current situation then I can't think of when you ever would be.

As somebody else has mentioned, if we don't win the league because we couldn't get a point against the youth team of an already relegated Braintree Town then I won't be too upset because nobody who does that deserves to be league champions.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

NOM wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 amMan up ffs
At my time of life?
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Esteban wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:04 am It's Braintree for godness sake!

A team who will be playing 6th tier football next season. Just because they've won a couple of inconsequential games on the bounce against two teams in the bottom half of the table doesn't mean they are suddenly Man City.

I appreciate that mathematically it isn't decided yet, and it isn't beyond the realm of possibility for the unthinkable to happen, but if you can't be optimistic and positive in our current situation then I can't think of when you ever would be.

As somebody else has mentioned, if we don't win the league because we couldn't get a point against the youth team of an already relegated Braintree Town then I won't be too upset because nobody who does that deserves to be league champions.
It isn't about not being positive or optimistic. Just nerves.
Fairbrother, Yes
Fresh Alias

Post by Fairbrother, Yes »

Think we all feel the same. All pretty sure it will be a great day, but in the back of all of our minds is that slight, niggling, nag.
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

If anyone could lose from this position then it's the Os, but realistically it's not going to happen. This isn't the same team that I've supported for 52 years.

At my age I shouldn't get too excited, but this will be the first time that I have ever seen them win a trophy. I'm determined to enjoy it - result allowing of course.

bobo66
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Of course to all of that.

But can you imagine if we go 1 down? We’ll fall apart. It was bad enough at the start of the second half v Harrogate where we couldn’t put two passes together with nerves.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 am

Of course to all of that.

But can you imagine if we go 1 down? We’ll fall apart. It was bad enough at the start of the second half v Harrogate where we couldn’t put two passes together with nerves.
I get what your saying but we've gone behind in pressure games and not fallen apart this season. Think of Halifax, Eastleigh, Sutton ect. Games against the likes of Telford and Brackley also show even when not playing well and with our back to the wall we can find a way to win. The only games we've lost have been against sides who sit everyone behind the ball once going ahead. In these games we haven't 'fallen apart', but have had to contend with a mixture of bad luck, good defending and poor finishing. If we went down a goal, it would not affect how we play in my opinion and I would still make us favourites to go on and get the result we need.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

So youse are saying we're doomed then.
Delamod
Fresh Alias

Post by Delamod »

I think the goal difference is just short enough to allow the little niggle in the back of the mind.
If it was say +10, still mathematically possible but highly unlikely, we could be a bit more relaxed.
I also agree that this group of players is less 'Orienty' so here's hoping!
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am Post match Monday I was ecstatic. Literally convinced it was done and dusted.

The longer this Weeknd rages on, the more that doubt creeps in.
Exactly this and the fact that i was so convinced will mean that if we do f*** it up, it will be even worse. I think if we don't finish as champs it will be a worse feeling than Rotherham and we will be mentally shot for the playoffs.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that and we score a couple early so we can enjoy the day.

Can see now, 2 mins in, Braintree getting a glorious chance and missing it and everyone looking at each other in disbelief.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

aylesburyos wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:38 am Must admit feeling sick at the moment. Just want the match finished with us Champs. Any one else got nerves?
Funny enough , my son was telling me exactly the same thing this morning so you're not alone. I also feel a bit nervous at the moment but will just take one day at a time. Try not to worry , it will be Saturday soon enough.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Fairbrother, Yes wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:26 am Think we all feel the same. All pretty sure it will be a great day, but in the back of all of our minds is that slight, niggling, nag.
That comes with supporting this club for more years than we care to mention. We've seen similar things before with Orient and that's why I feel nervous . Wembley 2014 comes straight to mind , 2-0 up at half time and we blow it
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:13 pm
Fairbrother, Yes wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:26 am Think we all feel the same. All pretty sure it will be a great day, but in the back of all of our minds is that slight, niggling, nag.
That comes with supporting this club for more years than we care to mention. We've seen similar things before with Orient and that's why I feel nervous . Wembley 2014 comes straight to mind , 2-0 up at half time and we blow it
Being 2-0 up in a game then losing (or even drawing in the 90 mins) is nowhere near the same as being 3 points clear with superior goal difference and playing the final game against an already relegated team.

I'm sorry, but it just isn't.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Anyone old enough to remember the Villa game of 1974 will not be sleeping easy this week.
Even the Wrexham play off game was cutting it fine, away goals counted after normal time.

A comfortable 2-0 win with no drama would be very nice please, but you know that ain't going to happen
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

An early goal would be very welcome and would settle all our doubts, along with Hartlepool scoring.
I think this is a fairly unique position that we’re in as far as Orient are concerned in that I can’t remember us for quite some years being able to clinch a league title on our own ground or anywhere else.
Sleeping will be difficult on Friday Night !!!
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:00 pm I can’t remember us for quite some years being able to clinch a league title on our own ground or anywhere else.
Sleeping will be difficult on Friday Night !!!
Impossible for me. I was born in the 1960s.

I will sleep just fine, but as I was walking down the road this afternoon, I was wishing it was Saturday.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Should we have a runner at Whipps X , so any one who falls a little to ill can let there ticket go to a fellow O ?

Take some mogadon people .
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:08 pm Should we have a runner at Whipps X , so any one who falls a little to ill can let there ticket go to a fellow O ?
I am at Whipps Cross tomorrow morning. If the prognosis is negative, there could be a spare...

... must admit radiographer made me think a lot last week after my chest x-ray when she said she hopes I am better as I left. Wouldn’t mind but it was merely my doctor sending me for a check on a persistent cough. Still hopefully the ENT department don’t say similar tomorrow...
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Delamod wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am I think the goal difference is just short enough to allow the little niggle in the back of the mind.
If it was say +10, still mathematically possible but highly unlikely, we could be a bit more relaxed.
I also agree that this group of players is less 'Orienty' so here's hoping!
Yeah but del,your predictions have been well ropey...till recently. :)