Josh Koroma

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Josh Koroma

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Poor Josh, once again nowhere near the team or bench, and with so many in that squad, its likely he wont be playing first team football at all

wouldnt surprise me if he goes on loan after Christmas to a league 1 team
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Josh Koroma

Post by Story of O »

Why poor Josh?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Isnt obvious?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:26 pm Isnt obvious?
The fella left us chasing money and pipedreams.

There is no ‘poor Josh’.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

His choice, no one made him move.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Not really. You make it seem like Josh was expecting to walk straight into the team or matchday squad when that likely was a longshot to happen this season. And he would have known that when he signed. Players dont just sign and then meet the management and find out their plan afterwards.

Are we going to get another thread about this after every Huddersfield game and have to say the same things over and over again?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Huddersfield clearly thought that Koroma was a good prospect for the future and purchased him on that basis. Perhaps he may be loaned out to perhaps a top Division two team or a good Division one team all as part of his learning process.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:30 pm
The fella left us chasing money and pipedreams.

There is no ‘poor Josh’.
Nothing wrong with chasing a decent wage
15 year career at maximum , and as any player
Only 1 bad tackle away from ending a career.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

You can't blame him for moving at all, I still think it was a bit of a mad move by Huddersfield, jumping three divisions, thought they would've at least loaned him back or to another League 1/2 club till Christmas.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Same applies as with Bonne, they must have known he was nowhere near ready, could have given him six months with us in L2 to see how he got on there.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

I can understand Bonne a bit more, 23, coming off two good seasons, Lyle Taylor has stepped up every level well, come in as a backup striker and hopefully impress and so forth, I think it was too big of jump for Boone too but I can understand it a little more
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Ridiculous that people think he shouldn't have made the move.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm Ridiculous that people think he shouldn't have made the move.
I don’t blame him at all but he knew full well that however much he’s now earning, he wouldn’t be playing first team football. That’s not as straight forward a decision as you’re making out.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:14 pm
Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm Ridiculous that people think he shouldn't have made the move.
I don’t blame him at all but he knew full well that however much he’s now earning, he wouldn’t be playing first team football. That’s not as straight forward a decision as you’re making out.
I think it was a pretty straight forward decision. Worst case he gets released or loaned out to a league 2 or 1 club having made more money and benefitted from improved coaching and facilities.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

I am delighted for both Macca and Josh. I just hope that they get a decent amount of game time either in the Championship or L1.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

essexfootball wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 pm I can understand Bonne a bit more, 23, coming off two good seasons, Lyle Taylor has stepped up every level well, come in as a backup striker and hopefully impress and so forth, I think it was too big of jump for Boone too but I can understand it a little more
Bonne is 4th choice there now. Cant be that happy. Reason he came to us was to get games and score goals.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 am
essexfootball wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:33 pm I can understand Bonne a bit more, 23, coming off two good seasons, Lyle Taylor has stepped up every level well, come in as a backup striker and hopefully impress and so forth, I think it was too big of jump for Boone too but I can understand it a little more
Bonne is 4th choice there now. Cant be that happy. Reason he came to us was to get games and score goals.
Get games, score goals and ultimately earn the chance to test himself at a higher level. He’s got a 3-year contract with a Championship team, he’ll be f*cking buzzing. Unless he reads this board and has been brainwashed by the numpties he won’t be panicking that he hasn’t established himself as a starter yet after less than a month of the season

Anyone who expected 2 players coming from the National League to walk straight into a Championship starting XI is mental
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am
Get games, score goals and ultimately earn the chance to test himself at a higher level. He’s got a 3-year contract with a Championship team, he’ll be f*cking buzzing. Unless he reads this board and has been brainwashed by the numpties he won’t be panicking that he hasn’t established himself as a starter yet after less than a month of the season

Anyone who expected 2 players coming from the National League to walk straight into a Championship starting XI is mental
Spot on.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Good luck to the pair of them. I can't wait to see them tearing up Championship defences, and banging in a few goals.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

OyinbO wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 am Good luck to the pair of them. I can't wait to see them tearing up Championship defences, and banging in a few goals.
You’re going to have to.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am
I think it was a pretty straight forward decision. Worst case he gets released or loaned out to a league 2 or 1 club having made more money and benefitted from improved coaching and facilities.
I’m amazed you disagree with me. Again.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 am

Most people do.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am

Sounds like lots of Charlton fans expected exactly that! :D

Agree, he must have known where he was in their pecking order so won’t be panicking. But you can guarantee he’s missing playing football.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 am

Most people do.
You’re proud to be in the majority on this board? :lol:
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

DuvB wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:53 am I am delighted for both Macca and Josh. I just hope that they get a decent amount of game time either in the Championship or L1.
Both players are most likely getting a lot more in wages than they did at the Os and could well be loaned out to other clubs and get their football games in that way. Why feel sorry for them, just dont get it, does anyone really think that they were going to instantly going to jump the gap between national League to Championship and all that in just a few weeks ?