Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: Labour Watch

Post by CEB »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:28 am
CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:49 am Damn, the pollsters forgot to include the increase for the Tories
Another piece of art screwed up. Never mind there's always next time.

Every artwork is a failure. The trick is to fail better
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Labour Party are plunged into CHAOS.

Sirkieth needs to sort this now.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/di ... 745e&ei=12
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Sirkieth now saying she's NOT been barred from standing. So is Abbott lying, or have Labour "sources" been telling her fibs? I just don't understand how this keeps getting messier under the guidance of Mr Competent 4d Chess Man.
CEB

Post by CEB »

My guess, the timeline is something like this

Investigation concludes, the findings aren’t really great for either party - she’s not totally exonerated, neither are her actions terrible enough to justify the sanctions Labour would like to impose.

After the investigation concluded, perhaps Abbott was informally briefed/given a discreet heads up about the findings, with a suggestion that it might be best all round if she steps down. She, understandably, sees that as that she’s finished under a Starmer leadership, as she would not have stood down/retired if not for the investigation. She sees this as a ban.

The long gap between the conclusion and the investigation - perhaps demonstrates that neither side wanted to blink first during a time where there was no obvious imminent prospect of an election, and where perhaps the exact dynamic of of the dignified exit is in dispute

The election catches everyone off guard, someone leaks the current state of affairs to the press
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:00 pm My guess, the timeline is something like this

Investigation concludes, the findings aren’t really great for either party - she’s not totally exonerated, neither are her actions terrible enough to justify the sanctions Labour would like to impose.

After the investigation concluded, perhaps Abbott was informally briefed/given a discreet heads up about the findings, with a suggestion that it might be best all round if she steps down. She, understandably, sees that as that she’s finished under a Starmer leadership, as she would not have stood down/retired if not for the investigation. She sees this as a ban.

The long gap between the conclusion and the investigation - perhaps demonstrates that neither side wanted to blink first during a time where there was no obvious imminent prospect of an election, and where perhaps the exact dynamic of of the dignified exit is in dispute

The election catches everyone off guard, someone leaks the current state of affairs to the press
WHY DO YOU WANT THE TORIES TO WIN?!?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:00 pm My guess, the timeline is something like this

I don't follow Abbott. Has she been silent on this subject the past few months? She must have been if the above is accurate.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:30 pm

I don't follow Abbott. Has she been silent on this subject the past few months? She must have been if the above is accurate.
I don't follow her either but she has been a bit quiet and gaff free for some time. If she had been active the racist MSM would have been on to her as usual.

FWIW I think she should retire at 70. Shame the CLP didn't mentor a successor from the left who best represents the interests of workers in Hackney.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Oh oh Jeremy Corbyn

CEB

Post by CEB »

Good to see Max putting another nonsensical post up for fact checking
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Dr. Shola calls Sir Kier a "2 faced lying double crossing political prostitute of the highest order" over the Diane Abbot thing. :lol:

CEB

Post by CEB »

I’d posit the notion that it’s probably unlikely that a white Jewish woman would accidentally say that Jews don’t experience racism in a letter she accidentally wrote to a Sunday broadsheet
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:48 pm Good to see Max putting another nonsensical post up for fact checking
Have you checked it yet or is that your fwends job?

Yesterday's was a belter, but jumping in at double quick speed in Snark solidarity, you missed the fact that there was something of interest in the post for you too.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s a parody account mate
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Big old racists Labour getting called out, AGAIN!!

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:20 pm It’s a parody account mate
You don't say
CEB

Post by CEB »

Looking forward to the day you make a genuine attempt at a point. Though I’m comforted that you’re self aware enough about how bad you are at doing so that you’ve adopted vaguely plausible deniability into every assertion you make on any subject
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

faldO wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:49 pm Dr. Shola calls Sir Kier a "2 faced lying double crossing political prostitute of the highest order" over the Diane Abbot thing. :lol:

I get where the Doc is coming from.

But also remember Sirkieth treated Jezza even more appalingly - it's ultimately about her politics, not her colour or sex or religion.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:23 pm Looking forward to the day you make a genuine attempt at a point. Though I’m comforted that you’re self aware enough about how bad you are at doing so that you’ve adopted vaguely plausible deniability into every assertion you make on any subject
Mibees aye, mibees naw :lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Just flicking through X

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:04 pm I’d posit the notion that it’s probably unlikely that a white Jewish woman would accidentally say that Jews don’t experience racism in a letter she accidentally wrote to a Sunday broadsheet
It's worth pointing out that she didn't actually say Jews don't experience racism.

(I know, it was unbelievably over a year ago that the letter was written, so understandable that her actual comments have been forgotten).
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:34 pm
CEB wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:04 pm I’d posit the notion that it’s probably unlikely that a white Jewish woman would accidentally say that Jews don’t experience racism in a letter she accidentally wrote to a Sunday broadsheet
It's worth pointing out that she didn't actually say Jews don't experience racism.

(I know, it was unbelievably over a year ago that the letter was written, so understandable that her actual comments have been forgotten).
FFS!! And I'm the one accused of making stuff up.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

This has now been the main headline on bbc news all day, isnt this exactly the sort of nonsense Sir Keir was trying to avoid? Why couldnt she just keep her mouth shut? Just shows what a liability she is imo.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:39 pm This has now been the main headline on bbc news all day, isnt this exactly the sort of nonsense Sir Keir was trying to avoid? Why couldnt she just keep her mouth shut? Just shows what a liability she is imo.
He could have easily avoided it. Instead through factionalism, racism and sheer incompetence he has brought Labour into disrepute. He's gifted it to the right wing media who are feasting on it like hungry locusts and he only has himself to blame.

Cannot wait to see the impact its having when the latest poll is released.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed May 29, 2024 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

So now he's racist for investigating comments that were at best, downplaying racism?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Seems an unbelievable reach to suggest that Labour fluffed this cause racism.