Rooney to speak to Plymouth over managerial vacancy

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Rooney to speak to Plymouth over managerial vacancy

Post by Chief crazy horse »

..But it's still worth pointing out that at 38 years of age, he has let himself go terribly.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:45 am ..But it's still worth pointing out that at 38 years of age, he has let himself go terribly.
Why is it?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

'Cos it is.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Its noticeable how many top quality footballers become terrible managers, and IMO Rooney is one of them

He's Frank Lampard mark2, another top class player, thats hopeless as a manager

I wonder what it was about Rooney, that made Plymouth want him as their manager.....his previous , overall, is pretty poor

I also wonder why Rooney wanted that job. Plymouth were almost relegated, what can he do there?

Its a match made in hell
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:09 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:02 am
ChorizO wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 am

Good to see you have a thorough up-to-date understanding of body image issues.
What does his appearance have to do with anything? What are you looking like these days?
Looking pretty good actually and certainly not overweight with a BMI of 25 !
And yet, you’ve won nothing in football and spend your days talking about a league 1 team on a forum whilst criticising one of England’s greatest ever players who has probably never spent a second acknowledging Orient’s existence.

You write ''And yet, you’ve won nothing in football
I have plenty of medals won for playing football and also success at managing teams. admittedly not at professional level.
You know nothing about me, full stop.
As to you....you are successful at non stop arguing and annoying many people with your comments on this forum, never anything constructive, in other words an internet TROLL and nothing more and now I block you.....BYE !
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:02 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:09 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:02 am

Looking pretty good actually and certainly not overweight with a BMI of 25 !
And yet, you’ve won nothing in football and spend your days talking about a league 1 team on a forum whilst criticising one of England’s greatest ever players who has probably never spent a second acknowledging Orient’s existence.

You write ''And yet, you’ve won nothing in football
I have plenty of medals won for playing football and also success at managing teams. admittedly not at professional level.
You know nothing about me, full stop.
As to you....you are successful at non stop arguing and annoying many people with your comments on this forum, never anything constructive, in other words an internet TROLL and nothing more and now I block you.....BYE !
“I have plenty of medals” :lol:

Typical of you, nothing constructive to say and doesn’t like it when someone calls you out when you’re wrong. Your posts won’t be missed.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:45 am ..But it's still worth pointing out that at 38 years of age, he has let himself go terribly.
38 years old,terribly unfit and looking far older than his years.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:57 am Its noticeable how many top quality footballers become terrible managers, and IMO Rooney is one of them

I wonder what it was about Rooney, that made Plymouth want him as their manager.....his previous , overall, is pretty poor

I also wonder why Rooney wanted that job. Plymouth were almost relegated, what can he do there?

Its a match made in hell
Rooney, 38, is keen to re-establish his reputation after a disastrous spell at Birmingham last season, when he lost nine games out of 15. Argyle are looking for a new boss after the dismissal of Ian Foster towards the end of last season.

...............''Director of football Neil Dewsnip and coach Kevin Nancekivell took over for the remainder of the campaign and guided Plymouth to safety, ironically at Birmingham’s expense. Here is the link as to Rooneys connections at Plymouth from the BBC Website
'' Dewsnip knows Rooney from his time as a coach at Everton’s academy''
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cw44xx1w1d8o
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:13 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:57 am Its noticeable how many top quality footballers become terrible managers, and IMO Rooney is one of them

Its a match made in hell
Rooney, 38, is keen to re-establish his reputation after a disastrous spell at Birmingham last season, when he lost nine games out of 15. Argyle are looking for a new boss after the dismissal of Ian Foster towards the end of last season.

...............''Director of football Neil Dewsnip and coach Kevin Nancekivell took over for the remainder of the campaign and guided Plymouth to safety, ironically at Birmingham’s expense. Here is the link as to Rooneys connections at Plymouth from the BBC Website
'' Dewsnip knows Rooney from his time as a coach at Everton’s academy''
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cw44xx1w1d8o
Obsessed.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Signed a two month contract apparently 🙂
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Can’t see him still being there by Christmas.

His time at Birmingham was death by a thousand cuts and the bloke is absolutely clueless. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a managers job. Listening to his interviews clearly demonstrates he is not a leader of men and tactically he was all over the place tactically.

Blaming the players publicly is also an absolute no-no and he did that on a number of occasions. Ferguson would never have done that so he clearly hasn’t learned from the master.

I feel terrible for Plymouth fans because with him at the helm relegation is inevitable.

‘Errrrrm’.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:47 pm Signed a two month contract apparently 🙂
If true, strange decision to do that ?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LPE wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:36 pm Can’t see him still being there by Christmas.

His time at Birmingham was death by a thousand cuts and the bloke is absolutely clueless. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a managers job. Listening to his interviews clearly demonstrates he is not a leader of men and tactically he was all over the place tactically.

Blaming the players publicly is also an absolute no-no and he did that on a number of occasions. Ferguson would never have done that so he clearly hasn’t learned from the master.

I feel terrible for Plymouth fans because with him at the helm relegation is inevitable.

‘Errrrrm’.
I should imagine this must be nearly the last throw of the dice for Rooney's chance of making the grade as an EFL football manager, If it does not work out this time, then next job could well be as a tv football pundit, another well paid job that is nowadays reserved for ex players who are looking for an easy way to make money !
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Daughters boyfriend is a plymouth fan.not happy to say the least
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Stamford O wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:53 pm Daughters boyfriend is a plymouth fan.not happy to say the least
Yes, but what does he think of the appointment?