Ok addressing the elephant in the room

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Frogger
Fresh Alias

Ok addressing the elephant in the room

Post by Frogger »

I know some of you maybe we thinking I’m getting my knickers in a twist, or take a chill pill, but I’m bored and I need more Orient news on current players and their contracts and potential targets ( I know it maybe a little too soon and we don’t want to give anything away) like I said at the top, just bored.

Why is it taking Ruel, Tom and Dan so long to sign new contracts? Let’s be honest I don’t think anyone of them are championship standard, well not yet anyway, and with our squad, current management and board we must be a very attractive place to come and ply your business at league one.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Ok addressing the elephant in the room

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

If I remember, last time Ruels contact expired, he took about 6 weeks to sign again, more than the customary 4 weeks deadline.
As you say, I can't see anyone else offering him a massive upgrade on what he's paid with us
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I suspect their agents have been hawking them around to other clubs to see if they can get 'better' deals elsewhere.

I suppose that is an agents job, but there must be a time limit, and I'd have thought it is well past that now.

We need to know soon, so we can consider getting in other players if indeed they will be going elsewhere
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Can't believe it's took this long for the first sighting of this post 😄
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

To be honest with maybe the exception of Ruel based only on this season, I would have thought we would have been looking to upgrade these players if we are looking to push on to the championship.

As stated in OP I don’t see these players cutting it at that level and giving them a 2 year contract seems a little strange, unless the contracts offered are shorter, hence the delay. However as mentioned the cut off period should be very soon I hope.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 pm I suspect their agents have been hawking them around to other clubs to see if they can get 'better' deals elsewhere.

I suppose that is an agents job, but there must be a time limit, and I'd have thought it is well past that now.

We need to know soon, so we can consider getting in other players if indeed they will be going elsewhere
There's always at least one that comes out with this every year . It's now boring .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:54 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 pm I suspect their agents have been hawking them around to other clubs to see if they can get 'better' deals elsewhere.

There's always at least one that comes out with this every year . It's now boring .
Repetition is the key to good comedy. Keep 'em laffing at the things they like best.

It's like a PowerPoint presentation or that matter any kind of presentation.

Tell them what you are going to tell them.

Tell them.

And round it off by telling them what you've just told them.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Or the players could just be on holiday with their families 🤔 🌞
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

North Stand Dave wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:18 pm Or the players could just be on holiday with their families 🤔 🌞
What? and not telling the fans, that's disgusting. How dare they!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Personally I'm not expecting any activity on transfers and re-signings until at least June . Indeed some players are probably away on family holidays
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

You said that last year. Boring!
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Now that Jack has signed, where does that put Dan in the pecking order in the first eleven?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Presumably these players are all under contract to 30 June? Just as any replacements that come in will also be under contract to their clubs until the same date?

No need to bedwet just yet.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:07 pm

Presumably these players are all under contract to 30 June? Just as any replacements that come in will also be under contract to their clubs until the same date?

No need to bedwet just yet.
Too late..... :oops:
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Frogger wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 pm I know some of you maybe we thinking I’m getting my knickers in a twist, or take a chill pill, but I’m bored and I need more Orient news on current players and their contracts and potential targets ( I know it maybe a little too soon and we don’t want to give anything away) like I said at the top, just bored.

Why is it taking Ruel, Tom and Dan so long to sign new contracts? Let’s be honest I don’t think anyone of them are championship standard, well not yet anyway, and with our squad, current management and board we must be a very attractive place to come and ply your business at league one.
It's just past the middle of May.

Don't you have any hobbies, or anything else in your life that would help with your "boredom", other than fretting about the comings and goings of lower-league players?

Genuine question.

If you have too much time on your hands, I imagine any of the charities in your local area would welcome some assistance, however minor, from you.
You never know, getting out more might bring you into contact with someone with insider knowledge as to whether [insert name of lower league lummox here] is going to sign for Leyton Orient, or not.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Scuba Diver wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Frogger wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 pm I know some of you maybe we thinking I’m getting my knickers in a twist, or take a chill pill, but I’m bored and I need more Orient news on current players and their contracts and potential targets ( I know it maybe a little too soon and we don’t want to give anything away) like I said at the top, just bored.

Don't you have any hobbies, or anything else in your life that would help with your "boredom", other than fretting about the comings and goings of lower-league players?

Genuine question.

If you have too much time on your hands, I imagine any of the charities in your local area would welcome some assistance, however minor, from you.
You never know, getting out more might bring you into contact with someone with insider knowledge as to whether [insert name of lower league lummox here] is going to sign for Leyton Orient, or not.
Yeah, who do you think you are coming on to the Leyton Orient Forum trying to discuss things about Leyton Orient. Hopefully Scuba will let you know when it's OK by him to bring this subject up again. Until then, get volunteering you big old layabout. HTH
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:26 am

You said that last year. Boring!
Yet you still felt the need to say it again 🙄
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

It is once again true. Why is it boring?
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Genuine question.

Your reply to my question seems a little bit over the top. It’s a football question on a football message board relating to Orient players. You are asking me if I have any hobbies?? I really don’t understand what the relevance is.

Genuine question

Did someone hurt you?
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Frogger wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm

Genuine question.

Your reply to my question seems a little bit over the top. It’s a football question on a football message board relating to Orient players. You are asking me if I have any hobbies?? I really don’t understand what the relevance is.

Genuine question

Did someone hurt you?
Frogger - My apologies. My response was over the top. Was largely meant tongue in cheek, but I did not word it well. Sorry.

All the best fella. Hopefully we'll have some transfer news soon.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Scuba Diver wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:36 pm
Frogger wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm

Genuine question.

Genuine question

Did someone hurt you?
Frogger - My apologies. My response was over the top. Was largely meant tongue in cheek, but I did not word it well. Sorry.

All the best fella. Hopefully we'll have some transfer news soon.
No need to apologise but very much appreciated.

Have a good weekend! Up the Os!!