Jack Simpson

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Jack Simpson

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:46 pm Not comfortable with this.

Would have preferred his "second chance" to be at another club.

Northern hard men CBs are ten a penny at this level.

Also, Happe will stay because there just isn't enough in him for another club to take him.
Personally I think we want a better than a ten a penny northern hard man. Just my opinion, I think Happe is our best centre half who under normal circumstances would attract interest from bigger teams. His injury record may perhaps put bigger teams off. Then again one can't know whether his injury record has had am impact on the level of contract Orient have offered. Was impressed with how Happe recovered from his first injury and how he came back with no after impact. Hopefully he will do the same from his second. I view him as unlucky, rather than injury prone.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ski Sunday wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:15 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:54 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:31 pm Not funny, not necessary.
Neither is employing a racist. Each to their own I suppose
BIGSY, you are so bitter, angry and pompous, you must be so much fun to be with.
Interesting take. I just see it that I don’t want racists playing for the club.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Proper strange reactions on threads about Simpson to pretty reasonable posts about not wanting a racist playing for us. Probably a reflection on how bad some people think racism actually is
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Come on guys move on, he’s signed it’s done end of, if people feel that strong then boycott the club otherwise onwards and upwards.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:03 am Come on guys move on, he’s signed it’s done end of, if people feel that strong then boycott the club otherwise onwards and upwards.
Your takes get worse every week
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

When you come on a website like this, and see people saying they hate: Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Millwall, Oxford etc ( mostly talking about fellow white English people ); it is hardly surprising Racism is deemed a threat, especially when people are obviously a different skin tone or dress differently, probably a basic human instinct for self preservation. Possibly we can learn to rise above it.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Genuinely interested - were people uncomfortable with Mackie signing? Pretty similar case of inexcusable racist abuse, but these days think it'd be agreed he's a club legend.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:52 pm
Personally I think we want a better than a ten a penny northern hard man. Just my opinion, I think Happe is our best centre half who under normal circumstances would attract interest from bigger teams.
Simpson is a lot more than a 10 penny hard man. He's the best CB we have on the ball.

Happe should be our best CB but isn't. He's just too nice. He could do with a dose of the attitude the likes of Beckles, Cooper and even Mitchell had.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:12 am
Personally I think we want a better than a ten a penny northern hard man. Just my opinion, I think Happe is our best centre half who under normal circumstances would attract interest from bigger teams.
Simpson is a lot more than a 10 penny hard man. He's the best CB we have on the ball.

Happe should be our best CB but isn't. He's just too nice. He could do with a dose of the attitude the likes of Beckles, Cooper and even Mitchell had.
Pretty bold statement after 5 games
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Friend or faux wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:05 am When you come on a website like this, and see people saying they hate: Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, Millwall, Oxford etc ( mostly talking about fellow white English people ); it is hardly surprising Racism is deemed a threat, especially when people are obviously a different skin tone or dress differently, probably a basic human instinct for self preservation. Possibly we can learn to rise above it.
What on earth you banging on about!?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:31 pm Not funny, not necessary.
BiggsyMalone , the messageboard saint 😇. Look , we’ve already spoken about this at length on the other thread . Pratley and Beckes know a lot more about this than we do and they have both accepted it . I trust their judgment so if they are OK with it then so am I. Anyway I’m very pleased Simpson has signed for us again . From what I saw of him last season he’s a very good player.
“Nobody is perfect” has to be the worse defence for anything, ever. Like fair enough, if you have a legitimate reason for thinking having a racist playing for your club is a good thing then by all means explain your position. But the old “well you’re no saint either” argument is so juvenile. It’s also nonsense. Are you suggesting that BiggsyMalone is also a racist and is therefore not able to comment on other racists?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I'm personally surprised about the furore regarding Jack Simpson resigning for us.
Before he signed, Darren Pratley and Omar Beccles were consulted, and they both said they were fine with Jack Simpson signing.
If they are happy with it, then I'm happy with it
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:04 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:03 am Come on guys move on, he’s signed it’s done end of, if people feel that strong then boycott the club otherwise onwards and upwards.
What? Explain so what are you implying
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:24 am
Well, usually you post outdated “tactical” guff but this post of “the club signed a racist, if you have any issue then stop supporting Orient” is just bizarre.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:20 am I'm personally surprised about the furore regarding Jack Simpson resigning for us.
Before he signed, Darren Pratley and Omar Beccles were consulted, and they both said they were fine with Jack Simpson signing.
If they are happy with it, then I'm happy with it
Are they of Pakistani or Indian descent? If not, their opinion is worth as much as mine.

You’d think this was the action of a 17 year old kid, the way people are saying ‘he made a mistake’ etc, not a 25 year old man.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

How many of you who aren’t bothered/disappointed in this would be against Orient signing James McClean?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:45 am

Well, usually you post outdated “tactical” guff but this post of “the club signed a racist, if you have any issue then stop supporting Orient” is just bizarre.
Why bizarre, I’ve just stated the facts,all your trying to do is start an argument, your what I call a typical keyboard warrior, all fingers and no do. I suggest you tape up your fingers put your brain into gear and go for a long walk off a short Pier. Hopefully you might come back a better person 🤞
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:46 pm Not comfortable with this.

Would have preferred his "second chance" to be at another club.

Northern hard men CBs are ten a penny at this level.

Also, Happe will stay because there just isn't enough in him for another club to take him.
Personally I think we want a better than a ten a penny northern hard man. Just my opinion, I think Happe is our best centre half who under normal circumstances would attract interest from bigger teams. His injury record may perhaps put bigger teams off. Then again one can't know whether his injury record has had am impact on the level of contract Orient have offered. Was impressed with how Happe recovered from his first injury and how he came back with no after impact. Hopefully he will do the same from his second. I view him as unlucky, rather than injury prone.
I think Maxwell has a point - There's not enough in Happe for a bigger club to come in for him - In the early days I had high hopes for the player but I don't think he's lived up to his potential. Plus, he's a bit on the slow side.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:13 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:12 am

Pretty bold statement after 5 games
Not at all. He's clearly the best 'footballer' of the 4.

(I'm not saying he's the best defender or the best overall player, just he isn't the lump some are making him out to be).
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:47 am How many of you who aren’t bothered/disappointed in this would be against Orient signing James McClean?
Can't tell you how happy this would make me.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:53 am

Why bizarre, I’ve just stated the facts,all your trying to do is start an argument, your what I call a typical keyboard warrior, all fingers and no do. I suggest you tape up your fingers put your brain into gear and go for a long walk off a short Pier. Hopefully you might come back a better person 🤞
I’ve explained why it’s bizarre.
J1MB0B
Fresh Alias

Post by J1MB0B »

As polarising now as when he first signed.

For a balanced view check the statement made by the Punjabi O’s supporters club.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 am

No you really haven’t
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:51 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 pm
BiggsyMalone , the messageboard saint 😇. Look , we’ve already spoken about this at length on the other thread . Pratley and Beckes know a lot more about this than we do and they have both accepted it . I trust their judgment so if they are OK with it then so am I. Anyway I’m very pleased Simpson has signed for us again . From what I saw of him last season he’s a very good player.
I’m glad the 2 black blokes in the squad have no issue with someone saying the P word, moving to a club in the heart of a largely populated muslim community.

I agree he’s shown he’s a good player for Orient. Doesn’t stop me thinking he’s a fanny.
Owners also consulted the Punjabi O's fan group who were all for giving him a chance...
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:08 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 am

No you really haven’t
Yeah ok. Just ignore it