Bonne

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Re: Bonne

Post by Buddy Manucci »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:21 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:25 pm

On one hand Dennis seems to be seen as the answer for two positions. On the other hand due to Jobi and Dayton being injured and out of action for some time yet we're short of wide players so if we do go back to 4-4-2 at some point in the near future he can't play in two places at once.

Dennis definitely puts us in a better position than where we were a few weeks ago but still short imo. Ideally we'd bring in a striker and CM but with the budget seemingly being squeezed the midfield is more of a priority for reinforcements.

Angol has the tricky feet to create something but whether his shooting boots are laced with the same stardust that appeared in Koroma's at times last season will be the challenge. Sure he blasted loads wide and over but some of the goals from distance were things of beauty.
The budget hasn't been squeezed at all - that's just your bias showing.The budget was actually increased from the one originally agreed in April and is available to spend if we wish. We're clearly just choosing not to at present.
Is that true?

Can we do and In and Out list to see of that stacks up?

Out:
Bonne
Koroma
Simpson
Lee
Lawless
Grainger

In:
Angol
Wilkinson
Wright
Dennis

We will also be paying the management team less after losing Justin.

Overall the current wage bill must be significantly down on last season.
Some players signed new contracts that would be on a higher wage now and it's more then likely that some players had promotion based increases in their contracts.

I'd guess the wage bill is higher then last season at this point on time.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:21 pm

The budget hasn't been squeezed at all - that's just your bias showing.The budget was actually increased from the one originally agreed in April and is available to spend if we wish. We're clearly just choosing not to at present.
Is that true?

Out:
Bonne
Koroma
Simpson
Lee
Lawless
Grainger

In:
Angol
Wilkinson
Wright
Dennis

Some players signed new contracts that would be on a higher wage now and it's more then likely that some players had promotion based increases in their contracts.

I'd guess the wage bill is higher then last season at this point on time.
Justin Edinburghs contract is being honoured in full as far as i know.

In an interview when all the tributes & book signings were going on there was a piece about
Doing the right thing by his family , financially & emotionally.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Strange one if we’re still paying Justin’s salary? Unless it’s covered under our keyman insurance policy.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:09 am Strange one if we’re still paying Justin’s salary? Unless it’s covered under our keyman insurance policy.
Correct, I'm sure the club would have taken out a Keyman Policy, so it will no longer be paid by the club.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:09 am Strange one if we’re still paying Justin’s salary? Unless it’s covered under our keyman insurance policy.
If it's not does that mean we shouldn't treat people decently in exceptional circumstances?.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Money is not really significant compared to what we have lost, but I would have thought that Justin might have had his own insurance in place to care for the family in case of this event.

What I can't really get is how us and Spurs did not get together to play a friendly game in his benefit either at our ground or theirs. Sure I can understand how their first-team might have other commitments, but could we have not arranged some kind of XI of his former team-mates and producing a programme? It would have been a sell-out crowd at ours, perhaps even at theirs and people would not think about paying £10 to see that game.

Sure, he had a send off at Chelmsford, but this would have been a quite poignant footballing send-off, particularly if it happened as Spurs new stadium.

It still could happen of course, but the longer it goes on the easier it is to not do it.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

eagwgw wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am Money is not really significant compared to what we have lost, but I would have thought that Justin might have had his own insurance in place to care for the family in case of this event.

What I can't really get is how us and Spurs did not get together to play a friendly game in his benefit either at our ground or theirs. Sure I can understand how their first-team might have other commitments, but could we have not arranged some kind of XI of his former team-mates and producing a programme? It would have been a sell-out crowd at ours, perhaps even at theirs and people would not think about paying £10 to see that game.

Sure, he had a send off at Chelmsford, but this would have been a quite poignant footballing send-off, particularly if it happened as Spurs new stadium.

It still could happen of course, but the longer it goes on the easier it is to not do it.
@eagwgw
Yes a good idea to stage a Justin benefit game between Leyton Orient and Spurs as you outline above.
Perhaps it may happen in the future.
Mr Wu
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr Wu »

Back to Bonne,heard today from a Charlton supporter of my acquaintance that they are going to send him out on loan.The deal was done before Charlton won the play-off final and they don't think he is good enough yet for the Championship,but do think he'll do well in League one.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Meant to be off to Ipswich if you read the Charlton forum
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Ipswich just signed Will Keane
Blackadder II
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder II »

If Bonne does go to Ipswich it would be ideal for him, because I think he comes from there.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Blackadder II wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:05 pm If Bonne does go to Ipswich it would be ideal for him, because I think he comes from there.
Spent 6 years at Ipswich according to Wiki
From 8 till he was 14
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Is that true?

Out:
Bonne
Koroma
Simpson
Lee
Lawless
Grainger

In:
Angol
Wilkinson
Wright
Dennis

It's not a fair comparison though. You're comparing the final team/use of budget at the end of last season to the present squad a few weeks into the season with players still to come in at various points. I trust what Teague says as far as the budget goes because it makes sense that we don't just blow it all before the season starts.
That list makes perfect sense if you understand that Grainger was replaced by Janata and that Simpson was signed as an extra striker covering while Koroma was injured. Lawless is essentially replaced by McAnuff, who is being covered by Marsh currently. McAnuff's winger spot is being covered by JMD/Dennis.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Is that true?

Out:
Bonne
Koroma
Simpson
Lee
Lawless
Grainger

In:
Angol
Wilkinson
Wright
Dennis

It's not a fair comparison though. You're comparing the final team/use of budget at the end of last season to the present squad a few weeks into the season with players still to come in at various points. I trust what Teague says as far as the budget goes because it makes sense that we don't just blow it all before the season starts.
That list makes perfect sense if you understand that Grainger was replaced by Janata and that Simpson was signed as an extra striker covering while Koroma was injured. Lawless is essentially replaced by McAnuff, who is being covered by Marsh currently. McAnuff's winger spot is being covered by JMD/Dennis.
Er, come again?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Er, come again?
Have a read back. We have a full squad- the players we lost were replaced. It might not have happened the moment they left, but we have not lost out on the squad depth that we previously had.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Mr Wu wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm Back to Bonne,heard today from a Charlton supporter of my acquaintance that they are going to send him out on loan.The deal was done before Charlton won the play-off final and they don't think he is good enough yet for the Championship,but do think he'll do well in League one.
Correct assessment of where he’s at.

Would have been easier to leave him here for a season, mind you.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

Mr Wu wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm Back to Bonne,heard today from a Charlton supporter of my acquaintance that they are going to send him out on loan.The deal was done before Charlton won the play-off final and they don't think he is good enough yet for the Championship,but do think he'll do well in League one.
I said at the start of the season that he'll probably be loaned out to a club like Wimbledon or Southend
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 pm

The guy got an unbelievable opportunity to go to a championship club and he took it because it is obviously the best decision. He could have stayed here and broke his leg, or score less than 10 goals and then he'd be playing league two for the foreseeable. Now he might not make it in the Championship, but the bar is set higher for him and his next club will likely be above league two level, and he will have made a good amount of money in the process- and that is worst case.

It is so arrogant to think that Orient have a divine right to keep any of these players.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Red_Army wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:16 am We wouldn't have signed Angol amd Wilkinson had we not sold Bonne and Koroma so it's irrelevant. I really like the look of Angol, as it happens.
He has a natural instinct, like he plays using his reflex, Angol.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

On the bench again koroma not in the squad or on the bench
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Is that true?

Out:
Bonne
Koroma
Simpson
Lee
Lawless
Grainger

In:
Angol
Wilkinson
Wright
Dennis

Or in more simple terms as we are now with the arrivals of Dennis and Marsh...

Bonne > Wilkinson
Koroma > Angol
Simpson > Dennis
Lee > Wright
Lawless > Marsh
Grainger > n\a no replacement required

Due to the injuries we've been light on options until the two recent arrivals, who were well overdue.

If McAnuff's recovery takes longer than planned or he ends up sticking to coaching we may still need to bring one more in at some point.

Moving Alabi on in January would free up space for another striker to come in, with view to next summer's rebuild where both he and Harrold will more than likely depart.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm

The guy got an unbelievable opportunity to go to a championship club and he took it because it is obviously the best decision. He could have stayed here and broke his leg, or score less than 10 goals and then he'd be playing league two for the foreseeable. Now he might not make it in the Championship, but the bar is set higher for him and his next club will likely be above league two level, and he will have made a good amount of money in the process- and that is worst case.

It is so arrogant to think that Orient have a divine right to keep any of these players.
In your eagerness to disagree with me, you’ve misunderstood.

My point was that Charlton could have signed him but left him here for 6 months to see how he goes at L2 level first.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm
Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 pm

In your eagerness to disagree with me, you’ve misunderstood.

My point was that Charlton could have signed him but left him here for 6 months to see how he goes at L2 level first.
Fair enough. They could have but they might not have got him, and I'm sure they'd rather have him with their coaches.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle81 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 am
eagwgw wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am Money is not really significant compared to what we have lost, but I would have thought that Justin might have had his own insurance in place to care for the family in case of this event.

@eagwgw
Yes a good idea to stage a Justin benefit game between Leyton Orient and Spurs as you outline above.
I assume there was not enough time to arrange a game during the pre season as Spurs had already had there pre season games arranged.
I hope both clubs could do something before the start of next season though.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

whittle81 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:30 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 am

@eagwgw
I assume there was not enough time to arrange a game during the pre season as Spurs had already had there pre season games arranged.
I hope both clubs could do something before the start of next season though.
@whittle81
I also hope that a Justin benefit and memorial game between Spurs and Leyton Orient will happen.