Eurovision watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Eurovision watch

Post by Hoover Attack »

I’ve never known arguing over Eurovision like this. It’s been brilliant.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ooooohhhhhhhh. Just heard the winner back and listened to the lyrics properly for the first time -

‘Between the 0s and 1s, I found my kingdom come’.

People are going to lose their sh*t even more when they realise the winning song is about they/them pronouns.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

It’s all political,all neighbouring countries stick together ticks on the back of a dog, we could have the Beatles and Stones combined and we still wouldn’t win. Were the Millwall of the world,however they do seem to take to us more when spending money in there countries 🤌 a complete farce imo.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:01 am Ooooohhhhhhhh. Just heard the winner back and listened to the lyrics properly for the first time -

People are going to lose their sh*t even more when they realise the winning song is about they/them pronouns.
Why?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Brigs wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 am Bunch of grown ass men on here watching this childish parade of grotesque degeneracy :lol:
Indeed , there was football on last night so why weren't they watching that . While those saddo's were watching Euroshite I was watching Crawley tear MKDons a new one . On Crawley's last two performances I now fancy them to join us in League One next season . Oh, and out of curiosity I caught about twenty seconds from our song on YouTube . Quite frankly we deserved to lose because it was bloody awful . I also had a little listen to Ireland's and Israel's songs . Ireland's was total sh*t but I actually thought Israel's was quite good .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun May 12, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:01 pm
Brigs wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:15 am Bunch of grown ass men on here watching this childish parade of grotesque degeneracy :lol:
Indeed , there was football on last night so why weren't they watching that . While those saddo's were watching Euroshite I was watching Crawley tear MKDons a new one . On Crawley's last two performances I now fancy them to join us in League One next season . Oh, and out of curiosity I caught about twenty seconds from our song on YouTube . I frankly we deserved to lose because it was bloody awful . I also had a little listen to Ireland's and Israel's songs . Ireland's was total sh*t but I actually thought Israel's was quite good .
You were all in at 1 point.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

CEB wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:18 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:01 am Ooooohhhhhhhh. Just heard the winner back and listened to the lyrics properly for the first time -

Why?
I’ve heard some people get wound up by non binary’s and pronouns and all that.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Brigs wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:09 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:01 pm
Indeed , there was football on last night so why weren't they watching that . While those saddo's were watching Euroshite I was watching Crawley tear MKDons a new one . On Crawley's last two performances I now fancy them to join us in League One next season . Oh, and out of curiosity I caught about twenty seconds from our song on YouTube . I frankly we deserved to lose because it was bloody awful . I also had a little listen to Ireland's and Israel's songs . Ireland's was total sh*t but I actually thought Israel's was quite good .
You were all in at 1 point.
So much had been spoken about those three songs that curiosity got the better of me . Only listened to the main chorus of all three songs then switched off .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun May 12, 2024 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Who was your favourite non binary from last night? The man or the woman?
(For me it was the woman, she was quite sexy in a mental sort of way)
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 am
Story of O wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:47 pm Eurovision audiences never used to be homophobic.
The winner is non binary, so the audience was ok with that.
What has that got to do with homophobia?

As woke as we are these days, people still can’t handle seeing proper man on man action.
If you have homophobia, chances are you have a phobia about non binary folk
CEB

Post by CEB »

One of the non binaries seems like a right dozy tart and probably hasn’t got that bright of a career as they’ll probably get themselves knocked up and then disappear as they raise a brood of kids

The other one however, for some reason I reckon they’ll take their career seriously, knuckle down and get on with the serious business of making music, they’ll probably earn much more than the other one, and rightly so.

Wow, now I think about it, respecting non binary identity is actually really progressive
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

CEB wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 pm Who was your favourite non binary from last night? The man or the woman?
Non binary,binary,pans gender,pans people the worlds gone mental, how about this, if it’s got a pair of bollo—s it’s a man if it hasn’t it’s a women. There I’ve sorted for everyone
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Disgusting anti eunuch bigotry
CEB

Post by CEB »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 pm
CEB wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 pm Who was your favourite non binary from last night? The man or the woman?
Non binary,binary,pans gender,pans people the worlds gone mental, how about this, if it’s got a pair of bollo—s it’s a man if it hasn’t it’s a women. There I’ve sorted for everyone

Of course, if people like yourself hadn’t said the same sort of thing about homosexuality, the fact that you’re entirely correct here would be harder to ignore
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 pm
See, I told you some people - the likes of monkey boy and top of the jes - had an issue with the NBs.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I was just wondering , do we have to enter this competition .? Is there any chance we could give next year a miss ?
CEB

Post by CEB »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:26 pm I was just wondering , do we have to enter this competition .? Is there any chance we could give next year a miss ?

Oh crap, I didn’t watch it. Am I going to be arrested for missing the mandatory viewing?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

This is the first year so many people have called for it to finish, isn’t it? Obviously I’m aware it’s never been everyone’s cup of tea but there has never been this level of anger about it.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:16 am It’s all political,all neighbouring countries stick together ticks on the back of a dog, we could have the Beatles and Stones combined and we still wouldn’t win. Were the Millwall of the world,however they do seem to take to us more when spending money in there countries 🤌 a complete farce imo.
Most popular music has gone downhill in recent years, for example, so many ''pretty girl'' singers using ''auto-tune'' to make their voice sound ok, with tuneless songs with the same two or three words repeated again and again. Long time since there were decent groups and singers singing good songs, now its all just one big parade of strange acts wearing weird costumes and much of it is down to voting from countries who are old mates voting for one another.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

More akin to the Rocky Horror Show than anything else now.
Not so long ago that everyone was praising the act from Israel when it was a trans of some flavour or another.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

CEB wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 pm One of the non binaries seems like a right dozy tart and probably hasn’t got that bright of a career as they’ll probably get themselves knocked up and then disappear as they raise a brood of kids
I thought you were all for Women's Wombs?
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s almost as if I was making a point
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Having a womb kills a career or the dozy tart bit ?
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I don’t follow many far right influencers, do you know which ones did this?