Crazy ideas from The Guardian

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Re: Crazy ideas from The Guardian

Post by CEB »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:01 pm A few questions

This person is now non binary why? Because they're unattractive?

They're also now queer? Do not recall any female partners being mentioned in the article, except a fantasy about an old actress. Sounding like she is scrabbling around for an answer to her incel problem

What's a "cis penis"?

1: non binary because within the demographic that’s very into this identity stuff, any perceived rejection of gendered norms is seen not as widening the scope of what is acceptable for members of your sex, but as stepping out of your sex. There is social credibility in doing so, so people with low self esteem can gain positive reinforcement through identifying out of their sex.

2: her “queerness” is why many LGB people have tried to distance themselves from the trans rights movement. She is not using “queer” as a reference to sexual orientation, but as claiming that there’s a club she belongs to, which really does amount to brightly coloured clothes and declaring pronouns

3: a “cis penis” means a penis belonging to a man who doesn’t believe he’s a woman.
The usage here clarifies that for all the talk about “queerness”, she’s sexually only interested in males.

What she’s unfortunately doing here is
A: demonstrating that she’s ripe for sexual exploitation by a bloke claiming to be non binary
B: signalling that she REALLY wants to be in a “lesbian relationship” with a penis belonging to a man, which would affirm her queer identity (another reason many actually gay people object to this nonsense)
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 pm I have no idea who she is but I’m struggling to understand the issue you all have with her based on that excerpt from her book? (Yes, I made it to the end of the article, no I won’t be reading the book).

The issue is mostly with the guardian for being such enthusiastic peddlers of this nonsense, but surely you read the objections various people outlined?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 pm I have no idea who she is but I’m struggling to understand the issue you all have with her based on that excerpt from her book? (Yes, I made it to the end of the article, no I won’t be reading the book).
You read all of that, and yet had the nerve to dig me out over the length of some of my posts on the Ukraine thread?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

You cant have a lesbian relationship with a penis
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

The issue didn’t really seem to be with the Guardian. The pile on definitely appeared to be on her.

I’m assuming no one made it as far as the rape part?
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:21 am The issue didn’t really seem to be with the Guardian. The pile on definitely appeared to be on her.

I’m assuming no one made it as far as the rape part?
I’d certainly be interested to hear the account of the female friend that she implies pretended to drink rum in order to enable Hagen to get drunk enough to render her semi conscious to be raped.

My take on the rape passage overall - if she made the allegation, I’d want it to be taken very seriously, fully investigated and justice done. I also recognise that rape convictions in this country are a disgrace, and show that women are routinely not taken seriously.

I’d also say that even if we had a far better justice system that did take allegations of rape more seriously, Sofie’s own words in that passage would be enough to get any case thrown out