Josh Koroma

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Glenthorne
Fresh Alias

Josh Koroma

Post by Glenthorne »

Now that Huddell on fee.ersfield have been relegated will they sell Josh Koroma if so will we get a sell on fee.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Josh Koroma

Post by Hoover Attack »

From the little I just saw, L1 seems about his level.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

The only relegated team out of the three coming down that will cause us problems are Fatty's
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Glenthorne wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pm Now that Huddell on fee.ersfield have been relegated will they sell Josh Koroma if so will we get a sell on fee.
Would any club wish to pay a transfer fee for him ?
Koroma is contracted to Huddersfield till summer of 2025.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 pm
Glenthorne wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pm Now that Huddell on fee.ersfield have been relegated will they sell Josh Koroma if so will we get a sell on fee.
We cannot afford the fee or his wages. No chance of him returning
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:16 pm The only relegated team out of the three coming down that will cause us problems are Fatty's
He seems to be working his ‘magic’ in South Yorkshire already
5-2 winners today v Cardiff
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

RW has plenty in front on him on his mind to sign. Great he was part of 18-19, but my rose tinted specs are not working. Didn't cross to players, took bad shots, took one too many touches. Great for his age at the time , but never developed and his career never kicked on. So hopefully he gets a team in division 2. Up the Os
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Eggski wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:53 am RW has plenty in front on him on his mind to sign. Great he was part of 18-19, but my rose tinted specs are not working. Didn't cross to players, took bad shots, took one too many touches. Great for his age at the time , but never developed and his career never kicked on. So hopefully he gets a team in division 2. Up the Os
You realise he’s spent the last 5 years playing in the Championship, right?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm
I made no mention as to Koroma returning to the Os. It was a reply to the question about if Os would get a sell on fee. I doubt as to if Koroma is worth a large amount of money in the transfer market. More than likely to see his one remaining year contract out with Huddersfield then see what happens, but of course if anyone would pay any sort of a fee for him, Os could likely get a percentage part of it.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:58 am

I made no mention as to Koroma returning to the Os. It was a reply to the question about if Os would get a sell on fee. I doubt as to if Koroma is worth a large amount of money in the transfer market. More than likely to see his one remaining year contract out with Huddersfield then see what happens, but of course if anyone would pay any sort of a fee for him, Os could likely get a percentage part of it.
More of a topic regarding Kyprianou. If Peterborough don’t make promotion, surely he’ll be off?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

He's still only 22 (just), no panic, his time in the Championship will come.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 pm He's still only 22 (just), no panic, his time in the Championship will come.
25 isn’t he?
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Ah I see you mean hector
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Orient Punxx wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:54 pm

More of a topic regarding Kyprianou. If Peterborough don’t make promotion, surely he’ll be off?
Dont see as to why Hector would want to leave Peterborough next season. He is still young and developing as a player. His current contract runs out summer 2025 so would think that Peterborough will be looking to get him sign an extension on his existing contract.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue May 07, 2024 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I will certainly give Josh a warm reception when he returns . Not only is he one of our own but he helped us get back into the EFL. I will always be grateful to Josh and the rest of that team from the 2018/19 season .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Tue May 07, 2024 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:33 am

Dont see as to why Hector would want to leave Peterborough next season. He is still young and developing as a player. His current contract runs out summer 2025 so would think that Peterborough will be looking to get him sign an extension on his existing contract.
Posh turned down a £4 mill bid for Hector according to RW.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Rubex Kube wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:33 am

Posh turned down a £4 mill bid for Hector according to RW.
Wow, that seems like a good offer to me . If Peterborough fail to win promotion then that offer might become more tempting .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

In case anyone is unaware, I rate Hector, a lot. But £4m???
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 am In case anyone is unaware, I rate Hector, a lot. But £4m???
Peterborough wanted £6.5 million - He may well be worth that one day if he continues to develop but as good as he is I think they should have taken the £4million from Watford with both hands tbh.

We would have got 20% sell on once the £300k we sold him for had been deducted so a nice little £740k as a sell-on.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Guess the timing was a factor in their rejecting the offer ?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:40 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 am In case anyone is unaware, I rate Hector, a lot. But £4m???
Peterborough wanted £6.5 million - He may well be worth that one day if he continues to develop but as good as he is I think they should have taken the £4million from Watford with both hands tbh.

We would have got 20% sell on once the £300k we sold him for had been deducted so a nice little £740k as a sell-on.
That sets the bar for any offers that might come in for the likes of Galbraith, O'Neill, Agyei etc. should any of them get attention from other clubs next season
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:35 am I will certainly give Josh a warm reception when he returns . Not only is he one of our own but he helped us get back into the EFL. I will always be grateful to Josh and the rest of that team from the 2018/19 season .
Absolutely, both Koroma and Bonne handled themselves with class and made sure they saw out the NL season and the title.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

gshaw wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 am

That sets the bar for any offers that might come in for the likes of Galbraith, O'Neill, Agyei etc. should any of them get attention from other clubs next season
Peterborough have a policy on signing players on three year contracts, getting two years service, and then placing them on the transfer list for a profit. I suspect that this may well happen to Kyprianou. Orient on the other hand give shorter contracts and see assets leave at end of contract. I am sure profits could have been made on Vigaroux and Smith. Similar Happe and Sotoriou. The bar for Galbraith and Agyei may go down rather than up next season as they near contract end.

Obviously the message board would have gone into meltdown if any of the above had been sold for profit when they were at peak, as they would if we sold Galbraith and Agyei now.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leyto ... galbraith/
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 am
gshaw wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 am

Peterborough have a policy on signing players on three year contracts, getting two years service, and then placing them on the transfer list for a profit. I suspect that this may well happen to Kyprianou. Orient on the other hand give shorter contracts and see assets leave at end of contract. I am sure profits could have been made on Vigaroux and Smith. Similar Happe and Sotoriou. The bar for Galbraith and Agyei may go down rather than up next season as they near contract end.

Obviously the message board would have gone into meltdown if any of the above had been sold for profit when they were at peak, as they would if we sold Galbraith and Agyei now.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leyto ... galbraith/
In some of the podcasts it has been mentioned that we'll be selling players more regularly than has been the case in the past so I'm expecting to see a sale next season if one of the above impresses.

Again seems to come into that different mindset now that we've achieved the primary goal of restoring League 1 status and the next steps are going to require a change of approach to finance.

As long as the fees are at proper market value as per above and RW gets the money back to invest into the squad and replace at appropriate quality it's going to be the route the club will go to top up the coffers. It only becomes a problem if they don't replace adequately and we then suffer badly on the pitch as a result.

Wouldn't get too excited by sell-on clauses as buying clubs are smart enough to bypass them as had a strong suspicion would be the case with Alzate. Just get a big fee upfront and cash in the bank imo.
Last edited by gshaw on Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Club would have been mad to give a three year deal to Smyth. His fitness record was very poor when we signed him and he barely played in the first season.

Shorter contracts are insurance for the club as much as for the player, as we'll see this summer with Moncur and Piggott, it's hard to get under contract players off the books at this level should they flop.

No one is paying for Agyei this summer, he's barely played this season.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am Club would have been mad to give a three year deal to Smyth. His fitness record was very poor when we signed him and he barely played in the first season.

Shorter contracts are insurance for the club as much as for the player, as we'll see this summer with Moncur and Piggott, it's hard to get under contract players off the books at this level should they flop.

No one is paying for Agyei this summer, he's barely played this season.
When you're dealing with older players or historic crocks yes but the likes of Galbraith and O'Neill young and on an upward curve they've been talking about 2+1 deal with the third year extension in our favour.