New Orient Manager?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LeytonOstone
Fresh Alias

Re: New Orient Manager?

Post by LeytonOstone »

Yet again I reiterate, regarding my point, we do not know what he wants. And assuming he has everything he wants is at best speculation - the January window outburst suggests he didn't.
Given
- a bigger club with genuine Championship potential/background (proven over the last X seasons)
- a bigger salary
- closer to my roots
I personally would jump at the chance, and can't believe he would be any different.
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

LeytonOstone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:58 pm Yet again I reiterate, regarding my point, we do not know what he wants. And assuming he has everything he wants is at best speculation - the January window outburst suggests he didn't.
Given
- a bigger club with genuine Championship potential/background (proven over the last X seasons)
- a bigger salary
- closer to my roots
I personally would jump at the chance, and can't believe he would be any different.
If we lost Richie because we couldn't match his ambitions ( within reason ) it would be hard to swallow.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Our owners appreciate Richie and I am sure they are doing the best they can to match his ambitions. However they don't have a bottomless pit of money to spend that other clubs can. However other clubs with bigger budgets have higher expectations, for example Barnsley make the playoffs and despite this Neill Collin is gone in less than nine months. Richie has already been dumped twice and has said many times he appreciates his relationship with our owners. I think he will think very carefully before jumping ship.
Last edited by Chelmsford Swimmer on Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:33 pm Our owners appreciate Richie and I am sure they are doing the best they can to match his ambitions. However they don't have a bottomless pit of money to spend that other clubs can. However other clubs with bigger budgets have higher expectations, for example Barnsley make the playoffs and despite this Neill Collin is gone in less than nine moths. Richie has already been dumped twice and has said many times he appreciates his relationship with our owners. I think he will think very carefully before jumping ship.
That's what is in our favour . Richie is happy at Orient and he's already been burnt twice before at Salford and Doncaster . Just imagine if he got us into the Championship , his stock would go through the roof . In my opinion , although we don't have a bottomless money pit I believe he now has a solid platform at Orient to be able to achieve that .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I don’t know where the speculation that he wants more money comes from.

He’s said on multiple occasions he’s happy with the budget. He just wants it spent properly.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

He was happy with the budget for this season. Next season? That's all still TBD.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Bookies have got Michael Williamson of MK Dons as 2/1 favourite for the Tykes job.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:49 pm Bookies have got Michael Williamson of MK Dons as 2/1 favourite for the Tykes job.
I’m still seeing Richie at 1/3
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 am PT is not a consideration (whether he joins Richie or not). There's no-one else internal (thankfully Richie got rid of McMahon as soon as he could, otherwise he'd be in the frame).

After having to deal with a head-strong, impulsive character for the past 2 years, I can see Lingy reverting back to type and opting for another inexperienced coach who won't cause him as much grief.

Who is out there that fits that bill?
Richie Wellens :D
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Some northern bloke called Richie apparently. Name was Richard , but he got fed up with his head down the bog at school . He is friends with Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli and is coooool
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm
Orient_Man_And_Boy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 pm

The 13/14 team would shred us into very little pieces.
I agree . That Orient team had no weaknesses . On the day at Wembley I think we were just unlucky .
Yes his full name was Unlucky Jones.
I like to think I'm a reasonable man but I will never forgive for his 'keeping that day. Still at least Tiny can say he scored at Wembley!