End of season thanks

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

End of season thanks

Post by The Reverend »

As the season draws to a close it is an appropriate point to thank the moderator & admin of this board.

LSN - much like EFL officials he has an impossible job keeping peace in a sometimes heated and chaotic environment. He does an admirable job keeping law and order on here even when it can get a bit tasty. He is fair but firm when he needs to be. Considering this is a guy doing it in his spare time he deserves praise.

Admin - without him we wouldn’t have this board. He is somebody who deserves respect and from my experience with him is a great guy.

It has been another entertaining season of boarding. There has been banter, discussion and feuds. Always fun.

Have a great summer everyone.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: End of season thanks

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I would like to second that . Special thanks to Admin for this board . It's been a great place to exchange views on everything Orient as well as on other subjects . Thanks again Adimn
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 pm As the season draws to a close it is an appropriate point to thank the moderator & admin of this board.

LSN - much like EFL officials he has an impossible job keeping peace in a sometimes heated and chaotic environment *that I help create* He does an admirable job keeping law and order on here even when it can get a bit tasty *often involving me* . He is fair but firm when he needs to be *such as when issuing me with a ban, after which I sulked* Considering this is a guy doing it in his spare time he deserves praise *and in order to hopefully be on his right side next time I lose it, I’m going to praise him until my nose is as brown as a sepia photo of a seventies sofa *

Admin - without him we wouldn’t have this board. He is somebody who deserves respect and from my experience with him is a great guy.

It has been another entertaining season of boarding. There has been banter, discussion and feuds. Always fun.

Fixed it for you mate x
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Looking forward to The Summer of Boarding 24.
Always more fun without the football to distract us.
And yes thanks to the admin and mods and for all the financial contributions.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:46 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 pm As the season draws to a close it is an appropriate point to thank the moderator & admin of this board.

LSN - much like EFL officials he has an impossible job keeping peace in a sometimes heated and chaotic environment *that I help create* He does an admirable job keeping law and order on here even when it can get a bit tasty *often involving me* . He is fair but firm when he needs to be *such as when issuing me with a ban, after which I sulked* Considering this is a guy doing it in his spare time he deserves praise *and in order to hopefully be on his right side next time I lose it, I’m going to praise him until my nose is as brown as a sepia photo of a seventies sofa *

Fixed it for you mate x
You really can be an idiot at times, mate. You just can't stop provoking & quite frankly I think it's a bit sad. You spoil a nice thread & unfortunately you've been causing trouble on various incarnations of this board for many years.
Do us all a favour & grow up, if that's possible.
You'll no doubt say its a joke but it rarely is with you
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

“You’ll no doubt say it’s a joke”

How am I joking? I’m making a neutral observation that this thread is a shamelessly transparent exercise in brown nosing that both the people having their bottoms licked will have immediately identified as such, posted because he has just enough self awareness to recognise that his own propensity for behaving like Mat R***r if he mainlined tofu might start to get him in a pickle if he doesn’t curry favour…
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Curried tofu with pickle sounds delish
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

I might want something a bit less salty after eating moderator anus though
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

My sincerest thanks. The MB is a such big source of news, info, rumours and opinion for in S Wales.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LSN - much like EFL officials he has an impossible job keeping peace in a sometimes heated and chaotic environment. He does an admirable job keeping law and order on here even when it can get a bit tasty. He is fair but firm when he needs to be. Considering this is a guy doing it in his spare time he deserves praise.

Ditto 👍
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm “You’ll no doubt say it’s a joke”

How am I joking? I’m making a neutral observation that this thread is a shamelessly transparent exercise in brown nosing that both the people having their bottoms licked will have immediately identified as such, posted because he has just enough self awareness to recognise that his own propensity for behaving like Mat R***r if he mainlined tofu might start to get him in a pickle if he doesn’t curry favour…
At no point has it occurred to you that the two people who run this board in their spare time on a voluntary basis deserve a little bit of credit?

You must have an incredibly low opinion of LSN if you seriously think that he can be won over by a little post saying “cheers for the time you dedicate to keeping this place in shape”.

Anyway, I’m glad to see that you appear to be the only one who is taking issue with what is supposed to be a positive message.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Are you saying that this thread is *not* a shamelessly transparent attempt to curry favour with mods, made more from self interest in knowing that you’ve annoyed them repeatedly for months as you indulge your own toxic instincts, but still like to run and cry to them when you get a bit back, than out of any attempt to actually recognise them?

😂

Didn’t notice you chucking a tenner into the pot to keep this place running, reckon that might be more appreciated than a nose up the bum
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Credit/thanks for what?

They’re literally doing their job.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 pm Are you saying that this thread is *not* a shamelessly transparent attempt to curry favour with mods, made more from self interest in knowing that you’ve annoyed them repeatedly for months as you indulge your own toxic instincts, but still like to run and cry to them when you get a bit back, than out of any attempt to actually recognise them?

😂

Didn’t notice you chucking a tenner into the pot to keep this place running, reckon that might be more appreciated than a nose up the bum
It’s a shame you’ve decided to ruin this thread.

By the way, I’ve clocked the second attempt you’ve now made to obtain personal information about me, this time via your donation jibe. You know full well that donors to the GoFundMe submit their names as they do it. Very sinister behaviour. Thankfully there is a “remain anonymous” option too.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

It’s not very godly of you to lie about donations you haven’t made to the board as well as lying about letters you haven’t written to the club. I’m beginning to think you’re not a real Reverend
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm It’s not very godly of you to lie about donations you haven’t made to the board as well as lying about letters you haven’t written to the club. I’m beginning to think you’re not a real Reverend
Apart from those who choose not to remain anonymous you have no information about what donations have been made.

Interestingly your inference that the opinion of somebody who has not made a donation is worth less than someone who has is in itself quite cruel.

During a cost of living crisis you have no idea about the personal financial situation of people who use this board. There are people who are really struggling at the moment. Even something like making a small donation to a forum is not possible for people who may not be sure how they are going to afford to pay for the most basic of necessities. The last thing they need to see is somebody like you making the suggestion that those who are fortunate enough to be in a position to make a donation that the thanks and praise of somebody who isn’t is somehow less worthy - which is what your unpleasant comments towards me above are suggesting. Very nasty indeed.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

What can I say? I just hate the poors, and I can’t help but sneer at those who haven’t chucked Elon Caca a tenner
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 pm What can I say? I just hate the poors, and I can’t help but sneer at those who haven’t chucked Elon Caca a tenner
So to summarise:

1. You do not have a comprehensive list of who has donated, yet feel that you can throw around unsubstantiated claims at others about donations.

2. Having realised that your comments about donations are indeed quite insensitive you’re going down the “it was just a joke”, unless of course you are saying that you genuinely do hate people of a lower economic status.

3. You’ve trashed a thread which was a genuine message of thanks

4. Not content with trashing the thread of thanks you’ve now set up another one to really drag this out across the rest of board

Whilst we are on the subject of what the moderators would prefer users to do.

I’m am sure that someone embracing the end of season good will to post a small note of thanks is much more appreciated than having a user call them a c*** because they are having a strop (something you did earlier this season) and using a genuine appeal for donations as the basis to attempt belittle other users.

Have you ever taken a moment to reflect on your own behaviour on here? I suspect not.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

That’s about the size of it champ x