Season Ticket Deadline Extended

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Season Ticket Deadline Extended

Post by Admin »

OyinbO wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm My apologies. Through the sarcasm, there is a serious point ie that the Club have made a right mess of this. If they invested nearly as much effort in communicating the other elements of this as they did the launch then there wouldn’t be as much confusion.

Last year, a few proper time-served Os missed out because they weren’t sufficiently switched on to social media etc, and some of them have totally knocked it on the head. A travesty IMO. The Club may come to regret valuing those connections so poorly one day.
This entirely. Missed the announcement about the deadline last year and applied to renew our 4 tickets the day after. Have had season tickets for 35 years in various parts of the ground prior. No returned email or response ever received which was disappointing.

My fault I suppose for not being aware of the deadline but the lack of any response to emails made me decide to f*** it off completely and find other things to do. First season since the early 80's I've not attended a single game all season. Did 40+ home and away during the conference years.

I get that my absence makes no difference to the club whatsoever but it left a bit of a sour taste mainly because I'm a twisted and bitter old b*stard. Know of a few others who missed out as well and feel the same though.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm
bobo66 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am
y o y o y wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 am I too was one of those :clown's who paid early
I too paid early, but have received an e-mail to say that the 5% discount will still apply and be refunded to the card. Mind you my experience is that LOFC is not very joined up and I will not be holding my breath.
Hmm, I just got a similar one saying that it would be applied at checkout, even though I paid for mine already. I really do feel for the people working in the ticket office having to deal with all this mess.
I think somebody on here pointed out that they are short staffed but they surely could have got a couple of temps to help out for a month or so.
I’ve had an Email today confirming my 5% discount having been to every game, but my Dad who has been with me for all 23 hasn’t received anything, so I sent an Email 2 days ago querying this but no reply or even acknowledgement as yet.

I think it’s a nice gesture from the club but only if they have the staff to do the admin work efficiently.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 pm
OyinbO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm
bobo66 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am

I too paid early, but have received an e-mail to say that the 5% discount will still apply and be refunded to the card. Mind you my experience is that LOFC is not very joined up and I will not be holding my breath.
Hmm, I just got a similar one saying that it would be applied at checkout, even though I paid for mine already. I really do feel for the people working in the ticket office having to deal with all this mess.
I think somebody on here pointed out that they are short staffed but they surely could have got a couple of temps to help out for a month or so.
I’ve had an Email today confirming my 5% discount having been to every game, but my Dad who has been with me for all 23 hasn’t received anything, so I sent an Email 2 days ago querying this but no reply or even acknowledgement as yet.

I think it’s a nice gesture from the club but only if they have the staff to do the admin work efficiently.
If we had proper systems in place, we wouldn't need additional staff.

FWIW, my 5% credit is showing ready for me to renew, so something is working.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Admin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm
OyinbO wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm My apologies. Through the sarcasm, there is a serious point ie that the Club have made a right mess of this. If they invested nearly as much effort in communicating the other elements of this as they did the launch then there wouldn’t be as much confusion.

Last year, a few proper time-served Os missed out because they weren’t sufficiently switched on to social media etc, and some of them have totally knocked it on the head. A travesty IMO. The Club may come to regret valuing those connections so poorly one day.
This entirely. Missed the announcement about the deadline last year and applied to renew our 4 tickets the day after. Have had season tickets for 35 years in various parts of the ground prior. No returned email or response ever received which was disappointing.

My fault I suppose for not being aware of the deadline but the lack of any response to emails made me decide to f*** it off completely and find other things to do. First season since the early 80's I've not attended a single game all season. Did 40+ home and away during the conference years.

I get that my absence makes no difference to the club whatsoever but it left a bit of a sour taste mainly because I'm a twisted and bitter old b*stard. Know of a few others who missed out as well and feel the same though.
Nah, not your fault. That is outrageous.

There will only have been a handful of long term ST holders who hadn't renewed. It wouldn't have taken much to ring round you guys.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm

There will only have been a handful of long term ST holders who hadn't renewed. It wouldn't have taken much to ring round you guys.
To be entirely honest, I haven't really missed it that much. Thought I would but have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Also caught a few non-league games as my youngest has been on the bench a few times for Brentwood Town in the Isthmian North - at least you can have a pint and watch a game that way.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

This is the first year they haven’t sent a physical application form in the post too. Instead, just a letter from Nigel with an encouragement to renew. Its the only way to apply for the finance option and also preferable for the older ST holders I’d imagine
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Admin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:17 pm

To be entirely honest, I haven't really missed it that much. Thought I would but have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Also caught a few non-league games as my youngest has been on the bench a few times for Brentwood Town in the Isthmian North - at least you can have a pint and watch a game that way.
Well done to him.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm

Well done to him.
Thanks - they've just told him they're releasing him at the end of the season! And his girlfriend's given him the elbow as well. Not his week....
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm

Well done to him.
Thanks - they've just told him they're releasing him at the end of the season! And his girlfriend's given him the elbow as well. Not his week....
You should really top off his miserable week by telling him you've got him a season ticket.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Hope he gets sorted with a club soon - always difficult to transition into mend football at a decent level like that.