Season Ticket Deadline Extended

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Season Ticket Deadline Extended

Post by Max B Gold »

If we had a half decent sized stadium capping wouldn't be an issue. How did we get into this bloomin' mess?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm Nope - can you please confirm when 4.500 cap was announced for 2024/25 and that they're going to pull the plug on renewals if reached?

Otherwise, looks like unnecessary sh*t-stirring.
The 4500 cap was mentioned by Mark Devlin in his interview:

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2024/ ... extension/

They have not stated that renewals before the deadline will be capped, in fact they have stated the opposite, albeit with the earlier renewal date.
So these clowns are just sh*t-stirring?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm If we had a half decent sized stadium capping wouldn't be an issue. How did we get into this bloomin' mess?
Rwanda the Hearn & being a poorly supported club for decades
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm Nope - can you please confirm when 4.500 cap was announced for 2024/25 and that they're going to pull the plug on renewals if reached?

Otherwise, looks like unnecessary sh*t-stirring.
It is on the Mark Devlin video. watch it
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

What minute?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

You can choose any minute you want to watch it, you're not in the army
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Are/were you?
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Watching the video?
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Time to face facts Hoovs old chap, you are insufficiently dedicated to the Os, and need to spend more time fanatically and obsessively consuming all forms of content that the Club produces. It's people like you, quite frankly, who are responsible for all the empty seats at the ground and the growing losses that the Board have to fund out of the goodness of their hearts. You beast. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

OyinbO wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 pm Time to face facts Hoovs old chap, you are insufficiently dedicated to the Os, and need to spend more time fanatically and obsessively consuming all forms of content that the Club produces. It's people like you, quite frankly, who are responsible for all the empty seats at the ground and the growing losses that the Board have to fund out of the goodness of their hearts. You beast. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You don't need be anything like that, you only need not to continually ask for proof of something before you believe it. Proof was provided but the unbelieving child in him continued his obstinance.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

My apologies. Through the sarcasm, there is a serious point ie that the Club have made a right mess of this. If they invested nearly as much effort in communicating the other elements of this as they did the launch then there wouldn’t be as much confusion.

Last year, a few proper time-served Os missed out because they weren’t sufficiently switched on to social media etc, and some of them have totally knocked it on the head. A travesty IMO. The Club may come to regret valuing those connections so poorly one day.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

:clown :l
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am 'I think' is not good enough.

If there's a risk they're going to pull the plug on renewals as seems to be claimed, we need to be told.
FFS why don’t you watch Devlins video if ‘think’ isn’t good enough for you
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

OyinbO wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm My apologies. Through the sarcasm, there is a serious point ie that the Club have made a right mess of this. If they invested nearly as much effort in communicating the other elements of this as they did the launch then there wouldn’t be as much confusion.

Last year, a few proper time-served Os missed out because they weren’t sufficiently switched on to social media etc, and some of them have totally knocked it on the head. A travesty IMO. The Club may come to regret valuing those connections so poorly one day.
I have to say I agree here.
The club are in danger of shooting themselves in the foot, in the pursuit/grasp of "new money/new fans".

To be literally Told, "your seat will be released" barely into May, is effectively bullying people to spend their money. In the City, they used to refer to this tactic as a "takeaway close", so i.e. - do this now, or lose the option completely.

The gold/black scarves thing, or the "I've been to more games than you" thing they have introduced is also somewhat mawkish. It's like guilt shaming and faintly tragic. If you're able to attend all 23 home games throughout a season, then bully for you, but you may be advised to reflect if you have anything else in your life.
Had I been to all 23 games (and I didn't) I would be quite embarrassed to wear such an item personally.

I haven't renewed yet, and I still haven't decided. I've had 17 seasons in my seat in the TJS. I wonder if the new fan the club seem so desperate to install in it, will be watching us at home to Halifax on a Tuesday in the National League, as I was a few years ago, were we to drop to that level again.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Why the rush to sell STs and a waiting list etc? Isnt the problem that we have too many ST holders?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Cheshunto wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 pm :clown :l
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am 'I think' is not good enough.

If there's a risk they're going to pull the plug on renewals as seems to be claimed, we need to be told.
FFS why don’t you watch Devlins video if ‘think’ isn’t good enough for you
Because I didn't want to sit through a load of guff to hear the relevant comment.

But I now have (thankfully it's in the first 2 mins, from approx 1 min 30). Devlin states their intention is to sell 4,500 season tickets and then put a cap on it...... :shock:
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm
The gold/black scarves thing, or the "I've been to more games than you" thing they have introduced is also somewhat mawkish. It's like guilt shaming and faintly tragic. If you're able to attend all 23 home games throughout a season, then bully for you, but you may be advised to reflect if you have anything else in your life.
Had I been to all 23 games (and I didn't) I would be quite embarrassed to wear such an item personally.
It's only 20 games for a scarf. Surely most people manage that?
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm
My mistake. I thought it was 23.
Why even is there "a scarf"...? I thought the club was short of money rather than doling out free trinkets.

Like I said, for me, it's a form of guilt-shaming (for those that haven't managed 20, which, as no doubt you guessed, I didn't)

#shitfanalert
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

23 games for a scarf? They can get knotted.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 pm
Why even is there "a scarf"...? I thought the club was short of money rather than doling out free trinkets.

Like I said, for me, it's a form of guilt-shaming (for those that haven't managed 20, which, as no doubt you guessed, I didn't)

#shitfanalert
No guilt sharing. You do not need to collect the scarf or wear it. It is a nice gesture. You obviously are a very negative individual
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

#shitfanalert
You can have mine if you feel this bad about it?
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am

#shitfanalert
You can have mine if you feel this bad about it?
ill have it.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Think they do a great job , much better than other clubs at our level. Well done guys and girls ….. up the O’s
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

y o y o y wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 am I too was one of those :clown's who paid early
I too paid early, but have received an e-mail to say that the 5% discount will still apply and be refunded to the card. Mind you my experience is that LOFC is not very joined up and I will not be holding my breath.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm If we had a half decent sized stadium capping wouldn't be an issue. How did we get into this bloomin' mess?
Don't get me started...
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

bobo66 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am
y o y o y wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 am I too was one of those :clown's who paid early
I too paid early, but have received an e-mail to say that the 5% discount will still apply and be refunded to the card. Mind you my experience is that LOFC is not very joined up and I will not be holding my breath.
Hmm, I just got a similar one saying that it would be applied at checkout, even though I paid for mine already. I really do feel for the people working in the ticket office having to deal with all this mess.