Primal Scream / Martin Duffy

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Primal Scream / Martin Duffy

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:41 am

It would appear that things are still the same. Interesting read here in The Guardian about the financial reality for bands and artists who are touring.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/ ... ylor-swift
Something has to be done. If only the rich can afford to be wandering minstrels pretty soon we will be up to our eyeballs in Mumford & Sons types. Nobody wants that and it has to be stopped by any means necessary.
I hear you, but what? The youngsters are not that into live music. I've tried explaining to my kids the glory of downing several pints of Guinness before getting your ribs cracked in a sweaty, heaving mosh pit and coming out covered in blood, vomit and p*ss. But they don't see the appeal for some reason. They're weird.
I went to see Alabama Shakes at King Tuts one time. Beforehand we had several pints of real ale and attended the China Buffet.

At the tightly packed gig there was a guy in front of me being a right willy, more or less telling everyone he had been into the band long before any of us Johnny come Latelys and shouting out to Brittany like they were BFFs and telling her what to play next.

He was getting on my moobs so I let out one of the most potent gusts I have ever dropped. Worse than the one I dropped in the office one morning after a Lamb Dhansak and 8 pints the night before.

The guy ingested the noxious gas and his reaction was a joy to behold. He went radio rental. I denied everything and assisted him in looking around for the culprit mumbling that they were a right dirty b*stard who needed a right clean out with a wire brush. I like to believe I ruined his night.