Coley Parry, LO director, & Vitesse

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Re: Coley Parry, LO director, & Vitesse

Post by Rubex Kube »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 pm

But what if they haven’t got the funds, as seems to be the case???
What if they have? Unless you are bank manager of those Individuals how would you know
You have been reading this thread, right?
Yes
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

This rather detracts when in comes to finding additional shareholders. If I had a few mill to invest this issue would certainly be a flag in my due diligence.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 pm
No risk at all until he uses his Orient shares as collateral to buy other clubs.
Well they are paid for so what is the issue. I doubt if anyone would accept Orient shares as collateral. Anyone sensible would ask for a bank guarantee
Which he obviously doesn’t have, hence what’s going on at other clubs. Is he free to sell his stake at Orient to whoever he wants? A quick google shows shares can be used to secure a loan. Still no risk to you?

It is absolutely insane how many Orient fans are turning a blind eye to all this. Nigel needs to to release a statement explaining why Orient aren’t at risk.
I'm equally amazed by fans (me included) who just expect owners to catch the bill then moan when they go bust doing it. If I won the Euromillions I'd never buy a football club. Orient would have me worrying about how little I had left within a decade. David Whelan & John Madejski both sunk eight figure sums into their clubs without really leaving them better off.

As for Nigel needing to make a statement......those that wanted one probably would be sceptical about what he said anyway.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 pm

Well they are paid for so what is the issue. I doubt if anyone would accept Orient shares as collateral. Anyone sensible would ask for a bank guarantee
Which he obviously doesn’t have, hence what’s going on at other clubs. Is he free to sell his stake at Orient to whoever he wants? A quick google shows shares can be used to secure a loan. Still no risk to you?

It is absolutely insane how many Orient fans are turning a blind eye to all this. Nigel needs to to release a statement explaining why Orient aren’t at risk.
I'm equally amazed by fans (me included) who just expect owners to catch the bill then moan when they go bust doing it. If I won the Euromillions I'd never buy a football club. Orient would have me worrying about how little I had left within a decade. David Whelan & John Madejski both sunk eight figure sums into their clubs without really leaving them better off.

As for Nigel needing to make a statement......those that wanted one probably would be sceptical about what he said anyway.
We’re not talking about that. We’re talking about a significant shareholder who can’t prove to the Dutch and Belgian FAs where his money is coming from. He is able to use that shareholding to leverage a loan. If you can’t see why that is an issue for Orient, then I don’t know what to say. You nearly lost this club less than 10 years ago, you’re potentially blindly allowing it to happen again if you don’t ask questions.

Nigel bangs on about transparency, that’s why he should be transparent now.

Wigan won the FA cup and got into europe. Dave Whelan is a really poor example.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Is Whelan a poor example? His intentions were clearly good, but similar to Portsmouth during the Redknapp years, yes they got into Europe but their finances were in no way viable once a benefactor couldn't or wouldn't carry on pouring money down the drain and they almost completely tanked afterwards (appreciate Wigan had a very dodgy owner in between but their books were terrible beforehand).
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Complete overreacrtion, Orient shares paid for. Not the major shareholder.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Lifelongfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 am Complete overreacrtion, Orient shares paid for. Not the major shareholder.
What part of using shares to secure a loan not being off the cards are you not understanding?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:05 am Is Whelan a poor example? His intentions were clearly good, but similar to Portsmouth during the Redknapp years, yes they got into Europe but their finances were in no way viable once a benefactor couldn't or wouldn't carry on pouring money down the drain and they almost completely tanked afterwards (appreciate Wigan had a very dodgy owner in between but their books were terrible beforehand).
They were unlucky. Their relegation coincided with the global financial crash and the downfall of JJB/DW. Wigan is a rugby league town and always struggled with crowds but Whelan gave them 8 years in the Premier League and an FA Cup.

Portsmouth is a good example but you could look at Bournemouth on the other hand who have pumped money in and done things properly.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 pm I'm equally amazed by fans (me included) who just expect owners to catch the bill then moan when they go bust doing it.
No one made parry buy shares in Orient. He’s done it of his own free will as part of his football empire building plan.

But having done so, he’s on the hook for any future losses. (just as he benefits from any future profits/gains).
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 pm

They fund the losses again
At what point can the losses no longer be funded? Are we close yet?
I'm not a shareholder, I don't know what money they have
Hmm. Isn't this lack of knowledge the issue.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 pm

At what point can the losses no longer be funded? Are we close yet?
You asked " are we close yet"? So yes you have a lack of knowledge on the issue
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Rubex Kube wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm

Eh? You just said we don't now how much money the shareholders have. We do know about Parry, though, and looking at his failures to stump up abroad, the answer appears to be not much.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm
Rubex Kube wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm

Eh? You just said we don't now how much money the shareholders have. We do know about Parry, though, and looking at his failures to stump up abroad, the answer appears to be not much.
You know how much money Parry has? Good for you, Is he our only shareholder & do you know how much money they have got,or when they can cover losses till like you asked?