RATINGS - POINTLESS EXERCISE

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Blackwall O
Fresh Alias

RATINGS - POINTLESS EXERCISE

Post by Blackwall O »

On the beach for past month so no point in ratings

Apart from that I guess we should be very pleased with league position. Jut a niggle in back of mind as to what could have been
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: RATINGS - POINTLESS EXERCISE

Post by Long slender neck »

Galbraith, Obiero, ONeill all did well. The rest, not so much.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Blackwall O wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 pm On the beach for past month so no point in ratings

Apart from that I guess we should be very pleased with league position. Jut a niggle in back of mind as to what could have been
That's it in a nutshell, one can be both pleased with comfortable League 1 safety yet also disappointed with the striker recruitment failure in January that prevented RW from having a real go at the playoffs.

Decent first season back but a missed opportunity too. Much stronger league coming next season.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Blackwall O wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 pm On the beach for past month so no point in ratings

We've certainly missed El Miz in the middle . We've got to try and get him back somehow , either on loan or permanently .
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

It’s not that we’re on the beach and will be able to switch it back on at the start of next season. It’s that we miss El Miz.

Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith all played ok today but they just aren’t at his level,
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm

That's it in a nutshell, one can be both pleased with comfortable League 1 safety yet also disappointed with the striker recruitment failure in January that prevented RW from having a real go at the playoffs.

Decent first season back but a missed opportunity too. Much stronger league coming next season.
I agree . Just look at the four going down to league two compared to the four coming up .It's going to be a crucial Summer to get our transfer business done correctly or we could be in trouble next season .
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Beat me to it, was going to say "N/A, if they can't be bothered, why should we?"
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:38 pm

It’s not that we’re on the beach and will be able to switch it back on at the start of next season. It’s that we miss El Miz.

Brown, Obeiro and Galbraith all played ok today but they just aren’t at his level,
Exactly , we need El-Miz back or somebody else as good as him .
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

I felt for Galbraith, every change meant he moved position. Number 10 - RW - CM - RB.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

LeighO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 am I felt for Galbraith, every change meant he moved position. Number 10 - RW - CM - RB.
That's the danger for him, being too flexible and ending up shunted around without ever being able to make one role his own. Would like to see him basically take the place of Moncur next season and not have to cover RB or CM
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Butterfingers Brynn wont be missed by me
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

DuvB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:15 pm Butterfingers Brynn wont be missed by me
Made two great saves yesterday, completely ignored by his critics. Has made many good saves throughout the season. I remember games earlier in the season where we've been under pressure late on, he has come for crosses and dominated. I accept he has been questionable in a few matches recently, but be is young and will improve. I may be in the minority, but I would be happy for him to be back next season. Be careful what you wish for, there are not many Vigarouxs out there.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Agreed. He's been more than decent this season, aside from recent games where half the team has looked poor anyway. He is comfortable with the ball at feet and is pretty solid aside from the occasional brain fart. Can't think of a glaring weakness in his game.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:58 pm
Made two great saves yesterday, completely ignored by his critics. Has made many good saves throughout the season. I remember games earlier in the season where we've been under pressure late on, he has come for crosses and dominated. I accept he has been questionable in a few matches recently, but be is young and will improve. I may be in the minority, but I would be happy for him to be back next season. Be careful what you wish for, there are not many Vigarouxs out there.
I thought he has been ok this season and up until recent weeks would have been happy ish for him to come back. But I’m now of the mind we need better.

How many top class, point winning saves has he really made this season?
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm Agreed. He's been more than decent this season, aside from recent games where half the team has looked poor anyway. He is comfortable with the ball at feet and is pretty solid aside from the occasional brain fart. Can't think of a glaring weakness in his game.
Doesn’t come for crosses. Poor distribution.

Can’t see him ever being Championship level.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:08 pm Agreed. He's been more than decent this season, aside from recent games where half the team has looked poor anyway. He is comfortable with the ball at feet and is pretty solid aside from the occasional brain fart. Can't think of a glaring weakness in his game.

Hopefully Middlesbrough agree and let him join us for a small fee.
He’s made a few mistakes, as do most young ‘keepers, but on the whole he’s a good keeper who has saved us many times during the season.
I remember Vigouroux’s distribution being questionable at times.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm

His distribution isn't poor, its inconsistent. He's capable of picking a player out, there was one ball yesterday to O'Neil that was top class. His decision making will get better as he gets more experience.

Crosses probably his biggest weakness.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:10 am
LeighO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:02 am I felt for Galbraith, every change meant he moved position. Number 10 - RW - CM - RB.
That's the danger for him, being too flexible and ending up shunted around without ever being able to make one role his own. Would like to see him basically take the place of Moncur next season and not have to cover RB or CM
That's because we've had so many injuries he's had to cover . Hopefully next season we'll have better luck with injuries and Galbraith can stick to just one position
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

To be honest , Sol has been fine .He's a good shot stopper but lately his handling has been brought into question . Admittedly he's still young so will improve . It's up to the club if whether he comes back next season but I'm not fussed either way . Maybe we need a keeper on a permanent basis but that's up to Richie . I'll go along with whatever he decides .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Made two fairly routine saves you'd expect an L1 keeper to pull off. Dodgy handling and distribution. We can do much better.

There's a good thread on the other forum that proves this with stats too.
LeighO
Fresh Alias

Post by LeighO »

Watching EFL highlights on ITV and saw a championship keeper make very similar errors, it happens to most keepers at times. The biggest problem Sol has is not being LV; whoever had to follow Vigs was always on a hiding to nothing.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

LeighO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:11 pm Watching EFL highlights on ITV and saw a championship keeper make very similar errors, it happens to most keepers at times. The biggest problem Sol has is not being LV; whoever had to follow Vigs was always on a hiding to nothing.
True . I also saw that goal and it was a real howler from the Blackburn keeper . All keepers make mistakes but I suppose the best ones make the least .
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

LeighO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:11 pm Watching EFL highlights on ITV and saw a championship keeper make very similar errors, it happens to most keepers at times. The biggest problem Sol has is not being LV; whoever had to follow Vigs was always on a hiding to nothing.
Getting a senior pro and not a youth learning the trade would be a start. We've been very lucky he wasn't subject to a recall in January, no need to add that kind of risk to the squad next season.