Exiles Thread.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Exiles Thread.

Post by PoundhillO »

cockhat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:46 pm All this talk about championship football, we’re simply not good enough.
We won’t struggle next season, we’ll be a mid table team.
The reason we are currently not good enough is down to budget and the transfer committee, who wants to be forever mid table. The only way we will get promoted is by having a budget that allows the club to have quality players that play first team football at our level or above that are not injured or known sick notes and of course keep the quality Manager we currently have.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

And where does this budget come from
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

cockhat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:46 pm All this talk about championship football, we’re simply not good enough.
Very much depends on the midfield and striker signings. Take away El Miz and it's a very different prospect.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm
Very much depends on the midfield and striker signings. Take away El Miz and it's a very different prospect.
I think there’s a very good possibility that we will sign El Miz.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm
The reason we are currently not good enough is down to budget and the transfer committee, who wants to be forever mid table. The only way we will get promoted is by having a budget that allows the club to have quality players that play first team football at our level or above that are not injured or known sick notes and of course keep the quality Manager we currently have.
No supporter wants to be mid table consistently.
Sadly I don’t see the transfer committee or budget radically changing anytime soon.
Rubex Kube
Fresh Alias

Post by Rubex Kube »

Story of O wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm And where does this budget come from
This question is always ignored by the move quicker transfer committe branch of Orient fans
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:00 pm Ebou Adams showing us again what we're missing. If Derby for any reason don't go for him in summer and we don't get El Miz break the bank to bring him back
I’m a big Adams fan but he was very average today. Pratley and Brown competed with him adequately. El Miz is so much better technically.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Also, ridiculous amounts of over reaction from TUS at us getting turned over by a better side.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:08 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:00 pm Ebou Adams showing us again what we're missing. If Derby for any reason don't go for him in summer and we don't get El Miz break the bank to bring him back
I’m a big Adams fan but he was very average today. Pratley and Brown competed with him adequately. El Miz is so much better technically.
Given they won 3-0 barely getting out of first gear saying we competed adequately is being very generous. Big gulf in quality between El Miz and the other players we have in that position, when we come up against the top sides that's made very obvious.
Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:09 pm Also, ridiculous amounts of over reaction from TUS at us getting turned over by a better side.
The aim is to become that better side which means some harsh truths and decisions for transfer window. That's what these last few games are all about, getting prepared for summer and next season.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Can’t see what’s wrong with mid table L1, it’s the top end of our level.
Who wants to get in the Championship and get spanked every week
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am
Given they won 3-0 barely getting out of first gear saying we competed adequately is being very generous. Big gulf in quality between El Miz and the other players we have in that position, when we come up against the top sides that's made very obvious.
All the goals were from piss poor defending at corners.

First half, Derby created nothing. Second half, they did but it was all down the flanks, not through the middle. I stand by that, the central 4 of Beckles, Simpson, Brown and Pratley competed adequately (at least in open play). It was up top and out wide that we were physically dominated.

I don’t think Adams is a Championship player. El Miz is.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

PKM wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:41 am Can’t see what’s wrong with mid table L1, it’s the top end of our level.
Who woudnt want Championship football for our club, all that’s needed is to provide sufficient funds to make it happen and keep RW as our Manager, one goes in hand with the other. With out either of these necessities we will be lucky to remain in League 1 is the reality.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

“All that’s needed is to provide sufficient funds” - no sh*t Sherlock.

So we’re like every other football club in the land then - unfortunately not every football club has access to unlimited funds. You need to wake up to that reality.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:37 am
gshaw wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am

All the goals were from piss poor defending at corners.

First half, Derby created nothing. Second half, they did but it was all down the flanks, not through the middle. I stand by that, the central 4 of Beckles, Simpson, Brown and Pratley competed adequately (at least in open play). It was up top and out wide that we were physically dominated.

I don’t think Adams is a Championship player. El Miz is.
I agree that was the case on the day but the players we have who could have made a difference are still injured or coming back from injury .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PKM wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:41 am Can’t see what’s wrong with mid table L1, it’s the top end of our level.
We've recently beaten , Portsmouth, Oxford , Bolton and Stevenage . All top end league One teams so I disagree . What has done us in this season are injuries , and plenty of them . If it wasn't for all our injuries I'm convinced we would be currently sitting in a play off spot .