Khayon Edwards

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Khayon Edwards

Post by Hoover Attack »

One of those was with his hand.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

The other was with his face when he couldn’t adjust his feet quickly enough to anticipate the rebound for an open goal.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Then both were good touches,and your point is
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

But i am sure you are a superior expert than me,
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

As long as Richie keeps picking him, I must be wrong.

I just don’t get it.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Really feel bad for the kid: one of his people will probably find the thread and be like “he’s got his own thread!” and then they open it…

Something must have gone on at Arsenal. Seems like they sat on him for too long. He should have been out on loan a season or two ago… then by now he might actually be approaching the right level.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:56 pm As long as Richie keeps picking him, I must be wrong.

I just don’t get it.
Perhaps you could see if you could sit in on team selection and tell richie where he is going wrong,sure he would welcome your input.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thing is, he’s been managed badly and it’s probably a good example of the academy’s at top clubs not caring too much/relying on B teams and u21/u23 teams too much.
I’m sure he’s a good footballer but he needs men’s football and should probably have a season at national league/league two level. He’s strength will improve as he ages.

But as Richie says the day after we got him. You don’t blood kids for the first time at this level, and he was right
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

His first game against Northampton, he looked decent. You could tell he had a good touch and was strong. I hoped that would be a bit of a springboard for him but seeing him Saturday for the first time since Northampton, he didn’t look confident or really know what to do. That being said, Orient have a long standing problem finding their centre forwards and getting the ball to them in good positions to score too.

There were a few times where we attacked on Saturday and it was a combination of the midfielder/wide player not playing the ball into Edwards and Edwards not making runs. The team should know how he likes to play by this point.

Feel sorry for him because the talent is in there.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am His first game against Northampton, he looked decent. You could tell he had a good touch and was strong. I hoped that would be a bit of a springboard
That just didn’t happen. It was clear from that game he wasn’t up to it.

(And no, I won’t fight you just because we disagree on this).
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 am

But as Richie says the day after we got him. You don’t blood kids for the first time at this level, and he was right
You do if it’s their rightful level - see 17 year old Harry Kane way back when.

As much as our scouting has let us down, Arsenal have to take most of the blame here for thinking he was ready for L1 football.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am His first game against Northampton, he looked decent. You could tell he had a good touch and was strong. I hoped that would be a bit of a springboard

Yes it did.

He had good control, he was comfortable with the ball at his feet (when he had it) and was laying it off, but was ineffective in other areas. Clearly the ineffectiveness is the main trait to his game at this level.

18:35 outside the west stand tomorrow if you disagree. Bring me a programme and a chicken balti pie.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 am

Yes it did.

He had good control, he was comfortable with the ball at his feet (when he had it) and was laying it off, but was ineffective in other areas. Clearly the ineffectiveness is the main trait to his game at this level.

18:35 outside the west stand tomorrow if you disagree. Bring me a programme and a chicken balti pie.

I’ll say it again, if those two boys were any good they would have been on loan at another club from the beginning of the season. Both will be playing part time football in a year or so. Love a tear up even at my age can I watch or join in please.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Yes it did.

It just didn't. The game is up if you want to watch it back and see for yourself.

I thought it must just be me, so seeing as the game is up to watch back, I thought I'd go back and check.

6:50 receives pass from Moncur under pressure, retains ball and lays it back to Brown.
7:50 receives pass from ONeill on touchline under pressure, dribbles ball out of play.
9:05 wins an aerial challenge but (correctly) adjudged to have handled the ball.
9:40 wins an aerial challenge, ball breaks loose for Moncur to contest ball.

There then follows a 10 minute spell of Orient possession without a touch.

21:00 no touch but falls asleep defending a free kick and allows opponent to run off of him and cross into six yard box.

Another long spell of Orient possession, but not as dominant as before, again without a single touch.

29:00 aerial challenge for a hooked Moncur clearance, loses ball at second attempt.
30:10 mis controls a Brynn clearance just short of the halfway line, loses possession.
31:00 challenges for a pass from Forde, loses it, but play stopped for foul on Shaq.
33:30 receives short pass from TJ on edge of penalty box. Gives ball straight back to TJ. We do win a corner from which the first goal comes.
35:30 collects loose ball just inside own half and passes to Brown to launch attack. First nice bit of play.
41:50 collects loose ball in their half, retains possession passing back to El Miz.
44:00 mis controls a throw in down our right, loses possession.
45:00 loses header deep in our half from a throw in, leads to their equaliser.

I'll do the second half later.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

The second half, you kidding, you need an hobby mate. You ever evaluated JFK assassination???
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:04 am

Yes it did.

It just didn't. The game is up if you want to watch it back and see for yourself.

I thought it must just be me, so seeing as the game is up to watch back, I thought I'd go back and check.

6:50 receives pass from Moncur under pressure, retains ball and lays it back to Brown.
7:50 receives pass from ONeill on touchline under pressure, dribbles ball out of play.
9:05 wins an aerial challenge but (correctly) adjudged to have handled the ball.
9:40 wins an aerial challenge, ball breaks loose for Moncur to contest ball.

There then follows a 10 minute spell of Orient possession without a touch.

21:00 no touch but falls asleep defending a free kick and allows opponent to run off of him and cross into six yard box.

Another long spell of Orient possession, but not as dominant as before, again without a single touch.

29:00 aerial challenge for a hooked Moncur clearance, loses ball at second attempt.
30:10 mis controls a Brynn clearance just short of the halfway line, loses possession.
31:00 challenges for a pass from Forde, loses it, but play stopped for foul on Shaq.
33:30 receives short pass from TJ on edge of penalty box. Gives ball straight back to TJ. We do win a corner from which the first goal comes.
35:30 collects loose ball just inside own half and passes to Brown to launch attack. First nice bit of play.
41:50 collects loose ball in their half, retains possession passing back to El Miz.
44:00 mis controls a throw in down our right, loses possession.
45:00 loses header deep in our half from a throw in, leads to their equaliser.

I'll do the second half later.
Proving my point. Thank you.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am but seeing him Saturday for the first time since Northampton, he didn’t look confident or really know what to do.
Don't want to pile on the kid but that's outrageously generous. He was just about OK against Northampton and that was the high point of his loan stint so far.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:18 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am but seeing him Saturday for the first time since Northampton, he didn’t look confident or really know what to do.
Don't want to pile on the kid but that's outrageously generous. He was just about OK against Northampton and that was the high point of his loan stint so far.
I deliberated on whether I wanted to call him a headless chicken or not. This thread has been quite reasonable on the blame lying away from him, thankfully
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

For a lad with plenty of zip, he's lost it. Because he's not experienced enough he does not know when to run so he ends up standing there. The patterns of play we produce are also probably a bit alien to him. On Saturday his best chance of making a real contribution was to move Curtis Davies about a bit and also run in behind him. Did very little of the former and none of the latter. I hope he develops over time, but it won't be at the O's.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Sorry but I’m not impressed either with either of the PL kids.
Curtis Davies is obviously very experienced and looked a big lump on Saturday.
Only question I have is that, Did we create an opening for him ? , Not really
Our style of play seems to sometimes isolate the No. 9 as it did for Kelman a lot last season.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:09 pm Sorry but I’m not impressed either with either of the PL kids.
Curtis Davies is obviously very experienced and looked a big lump on Saturday.
Only question I have is that, Did we create an opening for him ? , Not really
Our style of play seems to sometimes isolate the No. 9 as it did for Kelman a lot last season.
Wrong question mate. As a striker he should be creating the openings into which we play the ball. He did none of that. As you said though, he won't meet a wiser head than Davies is he played for us for an entire season but I'm not sure he learned a positive thing from it.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Nothing like Kevin Campbell arsenal say he is a up and coming forward he is nothing like Kevin campell it’s ok playing development football but very different to league football not up to it signing need to be made to boosters the team
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

faith1234 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:15 pm Nothing like Kevin Campbell arsenal say he is a up and coming forward he is nothing like Kevin campell it’s ok playing development football but very different to league football not up to it signing need to be made to boosters the team
[
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

"That being said, Orient have a long standing problem finding their centre forwards and getting the ball to them in good positions to score too."
In one.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

He will be posting letters in two years.