Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Re: Ratings

Post by CEB »

You don’t though, and nobody believes you do. Everybody knows that it’s simply that you’ve written no letter, and therefore your campaign around Orient’s signing of this player has moved beyond reasonable expressing of an opinion, to scattershot ranting because you won’t let everyone else move on from something from which you’re unable to move on.

Might I suggest that to enable you to move on, you do write to the club, who knows, you may get a resolution acceptable to you.

Or keep on calling the guy racist whenever someone mentions him. Up to you. But when you do, I’ll quote you and say “Rev is unwilling to say whether he took this up through appropriate channels”
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:30 pm You don’t though, and nobody believes you do. Everybody knows that it’s simply that you’ve written no letter, and therefore your campaign around Orient’s signing of this player has moved beyond reasonable expressing of an opinion, to scattershot ranting because you won’t let everyone else move on from something from which you’re unable to move on.

Might I suggest that to enable you to move on, you do write to the club, who knows, you may get a resolution acceptable to you.

Or keep on calling the guy racist whenever someone mentions him. Up to you. But when you do, I’ll quote you and say “Rev is unwilling to say whether he took this up through appropriate channels”
You have no idea what I have or haven’t done away from this board. Anything you say here is just your own guess work.

Your attempts to bully someone into confirming or denying something that could personally identify them is a new sinister step in your obsession with me though.

Last time you did one of those “next time Rev does so and so it means so and so” declarations it was “next time Rev responds to me it proves he’s obsessed with me”. Now guess who is the one who responded to me after months of being ignored…oh yes…you.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

You’re right - I have no idea. That’s why I’m not going to say what you have or haven’t done off the board - I’m just going to say that you refuse to say whether you have gone through appropriate channels with your issue.

Of course, if you stop derailing threads by repeating the same issue, I won’t point it out.
I also will only point it out once on the initial thread if you post about it there.

Basically, we get it, but unless you’re actually doing what is in your power to address it, it’s time to STFU about it
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:38 pm You’re right - I have no idea. That’s why I’m not going to say what you have or haven’t done off the board - I’m just going to say that you refuse to say whether you have gone through appropriate channels with your issue.

Of course, if you stop derailing threads by repeating the same issue, I won’t point it out.
I also will only point it out once on the initial thread if you post about it there.

Basically, we get it, but unless you’re actually doing what is in your power to address it, it’s time to STFU about it
What I’ve refused to do is provide information which could potentially result in personal details being known to an obsessive who has previously been banned from this board for going to the lengths of creating YouTube videos to bully me. Of course I’m not comfortable doing that. You’ve also just fired up the old tactic of gaslighting too by claiming that I don’t *really* find it suspicious. I really do.

As for what channels I have or haven’t used to address the issues, you have absolutely no idea what I have or haven’t done. So once again, your declaration is meaningless and baseless.
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

As I say, I’ll only mention it when you needlessly restate your opinions on this particular subject.

It’s OK that you haven’t written a letter mate. Just admit that you enjoy the conflict more than you care about the cause. It’s apparently in how eagerly you’ve sought that dopamine hit you initially hoped to get from superficial anti-racism by immediately going to 11 when I got involved. So easy
CEB
Regular
Regular

Post by CEB »

Anyway, got to go, spurs about to kick off x
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:47 pm As I say, I’ll only mention it when you needlessly restate your opinions on this particular subject.

It’s OK that you haven’t written a letter mate. Just admit that you enjoy the conflict more than you care about the cause. It’s apparently in how eagerly you’ve sought that dopamine hit you initially hoped to get from superficial anti-racism by immediately going to 11 when I got involved. So easy
The fact you’re continuing to attempt to push me on this adds to my suspicion. Why are you pushing me so hard on something which could reveal personal information?

You’d know all about going to 11 on stuff. For example, starting an entire thread to abuse a moderator.

By the way it’s not lost on me that your crusade to prevent threads getting “hijacked” because you care so much about the boarding experience of others is a load of tosh. You just wanted another excuse to have a dig at me after I’d ignored you for months.

It’s really telling that you accuse people of having ulterior motives for posting things when you are far and away the worse offender for that. Once again, the lady protesting too much.
georgeleyo
Fresh Alias

Post by georgeleyo »

I thought Brown had a better game and that new guy what his name? That’s it Simpson he didn’t look bad.
RealLoughtonO
Fresh Alias

Post by RealLoughtonO »

We've signed a player called Simpson?

Shu' up.....
mildandbitter
Fresh Alias

Post by mildandbitter »

I think I'll start at the beginning rather than the end next time.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

The thing that's been nagging at me over the weekend is that all our three goals, as good as they were, came out of nowhere. We didn't carve out or create the goals for ourselves. They came from a knock on, loose balls etc. Creation and breaking down a solid wall of defenders is still a problem for us, I'm afraid.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I thought we created a fair few chances and were much more direct than usual - getting the ball in earlier, taking shots - especially seeing as we were effectively playing with 10 men.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

CEB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:30 pm You don’t though, and nobody believes you do. Everybody knows that it’s simply that you’ve written no letter, and therefore your campaign around Orient’s signing of this player has moved beyond reasonable expressing of an opinion, to scattershot ranting because you won’t let everyone else move on from something from which you’re unable to move on.

He just loves a bit of attention seeking and cant have much of a life as he always seems to be on this MB .
Don't often agree with you CEB but I think you are spot on with this one .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:59 pm [##]
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:47 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:11 pm

Piggot is here next season (sadly). Edwards isn’t (hopefully).

I just don’t see the point of giving him minutes when he’s that far out of his depth. I’d have rather played Sweeney wide on the left, O Neill on the right and Ruel up top than play Edwards.
Perhaps he’s just saving the other players legs and just doesn’t want to get anymore injuries to carry over for next season?

Which players legs was he saving? Piggot? Sweeney? Both could have featured.

I just don’t get it.
He’s just trying things out. Piggot and Sweeney could possibly be on the move in the summer and you can’t sell injured players,in Pigotts case it will be hard enough to sell fully fit. He has to put some of those players on the bench because of FA regs,has he said in an interview .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 am I thought we created a fair few chances and were much more direct than usual - getting the ball in earlier, taking shots - especially seeing as we were effectively playing with 10 men.
More direct, yes, but we still didn't create a clear cut chance for ourselves. Not that I can remember, anyway.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ruel and ONeill both had one ones that their keeper saved well.

The play to create the ONeill chance was also good.

But I know what you mean, still room for improvement. But remember we were without a proper striker.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I’ve criticized before that we don’t shoot often enough but look at Saturday, Three goals from shots, plus we could have had more.
Just thinking when we last scored a headed goal ??
Anyone remember
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:35 pm I’ve criticized before that we don’t shoot often enough but look at Saturday, Three goals from shots, plus we could have had more.
Just thinking when we last scored a headed goal ??
Anyone remember
Dan Aygei at Portsmouth?
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

Ruel at home to Northampton?
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

Shaq at home to Carlisle?