Exiles thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Exiles thread

Post by Hoover Attack »

gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:22 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm It would be ridiculous to just let Sotiriou go.
But... what if you could take Drinan, Pigott and Sotiriou's wage budget combined and get at least one Agyei-grade striker in return? That's the kind of tough decision for summer
No way is Agyei being paid the same as Drinnan, Piggot and Ruel combined.

We need another Agyei grade CF to replace pigs (Agyei was bight to replace Smyth and play wide right, remember) and keep Ruel as cover.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apologises. I thought Sol thumbled the ball again for Cheltenham's goal but after seeing it again on TV he actually pulled off a decent save by finger tipping the ball onto the crossbar . Unfortunately for us a Cheltenham player was on hand to slot the ball home . Nonetheless he was lucky earlier on in the game when he did spill the ball . We got lucky the Cheltenham player couldn't score when the ball fell to his feet . I suppose that's the difference between top and the bottom . Our keeper spills it and Peterborough scores . Our keeper spills it again and Cheltenham miss .
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Absolutely no way I'd let Sotiriou go in the summer.
If he wants to go, that's different, but I'd get a contract in his hands soon as possible
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 pm Apologises. I thought Sol thumbled the ball again for Cheltenham's goal but after seeing it again on TV he actually pulled off a decent save by finger tipping the ball onto the crossbar . Unfortunately for us a Cheltenham player was on hand to slot the ball home . Nonetheless he was lucky earlier on in the game when he did spill the ball . We got lucky the Cheltenham player couldn't score when the ball fell to his feet . I suppose that's the difference between top and the bottom . Our keeper spills it and Peterborough scores . Our keeper spills it again and Cheltenham miss .
😂

Decent save???

😂
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 pm Apologises. I thought Sol thumbled the ball again for Cheltenham's goal but after seeing it again on TV he actually pulled off a decent save by finger tipping the ball onto the crossbar . Unfortunately for us a Cheltenham player was on hand to slot the ball home . Nonetheless he was lucky earlier on in the game when he did spill the ball . We got lucky the Cheltenham player couldn't score when the ball fell to his feet . I suppose that's the difference between top and the bottom . Our keeper spills it and Peterborough scores . Our keeper spills it again and Cheltenham miss .
Curtis Davies wouldn't have scored against as he is a supporter
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:15 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:22 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:07 pm It would be ridiculous to just let Sotiriou go.
But... what if you could take Drinan, Pigott and Sotiriou's wage budget combined and get at least one Agyei-grade striker in return? That's the kind of tough decision for summer
No way is Agyei being paid the same as Drinnan, Piggot and Ruel combined.

We need another Agyei grade CF to replace pigs (Agyei was bight to replace Smyth and play wide right, remember) and keep Ruel as cover.
I'm thinking more Alfie May territory a proven quality L1 striker, would need us to push the boat out but that's the ambition required if the board are serious about a top 6 finish.

It does make the lack of strikers even more odd given as you say Agyei was originally meant to be a wide player. He's ended playing upfront whereas Forde who was brought in to fill the striker void ended up better out wide.

We need to have enough options to ensure there's strength in depth as we can't rely on Agyei alone to carry the threat next season. It's been painfully obvious no-one else in the squad is up to that task of being a presence up top, holding the ball getting us up the pitch then finishing the chances when they come.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Reid from Stevenage please.