Ebar

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ebar

Post by LittleMate »

It was not publicised and I'm surprised its not been mentioned on here yet.

I walked in the SS bar on Monday and there are 3 Tardis like objects and a roped off area. Self-service beer machines. It may be unfamiliarity but I reckon they sold 10 pints all in all whilst taking up 10% of the available space.

I was expecting Ant and Dec to come out behind these objects, that had 2 people attending to them!

Did these things turn up elsewhere?

I can't see how these inanimate objects can add to the matchday experience or convince me to spend more money in the ground. My pal pulled Kent about them and KT had never been in so much of a rush to get away from a fan. His response was to address the matter to the chairman!
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ebar

Post by Monkey Boy »

Take a trip to the east stand on Saturday,the bar under the stand has rows upon row of pints of beer sitting on the counter,think there ordered via an app and there just lined up ready to be taken🙂 another brilliant idea that doesn’t work. How about one stand selling drink and another selling food,that way it cuts out the waiting time? To many people wait around for food and that’s what slows it down.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

I believe you can pre-order a half time drink in the SS with a raffle ticket confirmation. I've done the cheap seats in the west and the queue for a bottled beer there isn't worth the wait.

The SS bar has a decent following and must take fair money. I can't see how these machines fit in to a matchday experience. It would be ok if we could drink on the terraces and this was a convenience thing but its not. I suspect its part of a wider attempt to reduce staffing costs. Feels like the club will be shooting itself in the foot with this one.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Are these like hot drink vending machines? I would expect its not any quicker than being served by a human, but they may be able to fit them into small areas. If it gets more cash out of the alcoholics then why not?
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:40 pm Are these like hot drink vending machines? I would expect its not any quicker than being served by a human, but they may be able to fit them into small areas. If it gets more cash out of the alcoholics then why not?
I’m a (functional) alcoholic but happily pass on the East Stand offering. Used to go to the West Stand after the game for a number of stouts but make do with the “Lion & Key” now.