Players who we don’t need any more

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Players who we don’t need any more

Post by Adz »

Ignoring loanees, I wouldn't be gutted if we parted company with any of James, Hunt, Sweeney, Beckles, Pratley, Pigott, and Moncur
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Said all a long bad we need another good centre back to play alongside cooper
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:55 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:53 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:42 pm

Ruels out of contract in the summer if he goes we wont get a fee.
I can’t see many takers to be honest,supposedly Peterborough were interested but on yesterday’s showing they have far better imo. Think people are forgetting we don’t have a permanent keeper so that will take up a wage,you need a good permanent keeper in a team,you can’t keep on loaning them all the time,it makes for no cohesion in the back line. Think the board will have some vital decisions to make come summer.
There will be loads of clubs interested 24 years old, full international, 10 goals and 5 assists in his first season in League one. Peterborough watched him quite a bit earlier this season and taking him on a free would be a no brainer. Pigott nearly went to Wimbledon in January he may get offered to them again in the summer he looks past it at our level. We need a permanent first choice keeper I agree and I would rather have Byrne as our back up than Howes tbh.

It's difficult for the board they have paid out nearly £1 million more in wages than they did last season and we are going to rack up another big loss this financial year, they also want to secure a training ground asap and also need come up with a plan for the stadium. I anticipate that we are going to need fresh investment because I don't think there's a lot more that can be asked of this current crop of directors.
Its not been mentioned much but the most important signing this summer will not be Idris. It will be new investors.

The £10m raised last time covered covid arrears and since then we have run up losses that suggests that the pot is running dry to the extent that current spending may have to be reined in at some point. No new money = no chance of Idris IMO - but it also means shopping around even more than we already do. Next season could be a difficult one on and off the pitch.

FWIW 10 goal forwards are not easy to come by. With Forde going that would be 20 goals heading out the door if Ruel went too. For that reason alone I see us making a significant effort to keep Ruel. I can also see one of James or Hunt going - just because we need to change things around in order to try and move forward. This is not a promotion winning full back combo and many of Ritchie's dealings will be with this in mind.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Am I wrong to be concerned about the accumulation of massive losses year after year with marginal on field progress?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:43 pm Am I wrong to be concerned about the accumulation of massive losses year after year with marginal on field progress?
Losses are covered by Eagle Investments but they cant do it forever. We are miles off the break even target we had set so while I think for now no need to be concerned we do need new Investment. Travis and Teague can't go on forever.

The question I would ask is how the F*** when we are losing two million a year have Stevenage made a profit this season?

I don't think you can call two championships in six years marginal progress, bar one season I think we have improved every season.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:02 pm
The question I would ask is how the F*** when we are losing two million a year have Stevenage made a profit this season?
Bloody hell. Maybe have a word with their DoF and see what they're doing that we're not?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:37 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:55 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:53 pm

I can’t see many takers to be honest,supposedly Peterborough were interested but on yesterday’s showing they have far better imo. Think people are forgetting we don’t have a permanent keeper so that will take up a wage,you need a good permanent keeper in a team,you can’t keep on loaning them all the time,it makes for no cohesion in the back line. Think the board will have some vital decisions to make come summer.
There will be loads of clubs interested 24 years old, full international, 10 goals and 5 assists in his first season in League one. Peterborough watched him quite a bit earlier this season and taking him on a free would be a no brainer. Pigott nearly went to Wimbledon in January he may get offered to them again in the summer he looks past it at our level. We need a permanent first choice keeper I agree and I would rather have Byrne as our back up than Howes tbh.

It's difficult for the board they have paid out nearly £1 million more in wages than they did last season and we are going to rack up another big loss this financial year, they also want to secure a training ground asap and also need come up with a plan for the stadium. I anticipate that we are going to need fresh investment because I don't think there's a lot more that can be asked of this current crop of directors.
Its not been mentioned much but the most important signing this summer will not be Idris. It will be new investors.

The £10m raised last time covered covid arrears and since then we have run up losses that suggests that the pot is running dry to the extent that current spending may have to be reined in at some point. No new money = no chance of Idris IMO - but it also means shopping around even more than we already do. Next season could be a difficult one on and off the pitch.

FWIW 10 goal forwards are not easy to come by. With Forde going that would be 20 goals heading out the door if Ruel went too. For that reason alone I see us making a significant effort to keep Ruel. I can also see one of James or Hunt going - just because we need to change things around in order to try and move forward. This is not a promotion winning full back combo and many of Ritchie's dealings will be with this in mind.
Great post LM. I don't though think any new money raised would go on playing budget, last time it all went on capital projects. Realistically though we need to find an extra £million for wages to try and improve the quality of players we bring in....It's a real challenge.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:10 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:02 pm
Bloody hell. Maybe have a word with their DoF and see what they're doing that we're not?
Only thing I can think of is they do like a cup run.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

What happened to the last lot of investors? We were introduced to them at the time with various on-line meetings aired, they were all given specific roles based on their skill sets, some were quite vocal on social media, but I don't hear anything of/from them anymore?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:15 pm What happened to the last lot of investors? We were introduced to them at the time with various on-line meetings aired, they were all given specific roles based on their skill sets, some were quite vocal on social media, but I don't hear anything of/from them anymore?
All still here as far as I know.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:15 pm What happened to the last lot of investors? We were introduced to them at the time with various on-line meetings aired, they were all given specific roles based on their skill sets, some were quite vocal on social media, but I don't hear anything of/from them anymore?
Well one of them (the biggest of the lot) is in some very serious bother.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:43 pm Am I wrong to be concerned about the accumulation of massive losses year after year with marginal on field progress?
Marginal progress?
You don't want much from your football club, do you?
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

My understanding is that the wider spread of investors played a fairly minor part in the overall fundraising.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:13 pm
Who? Please say more
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

If you come out with that comment you need to add more. Who & why
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Lifelongfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:45 pm
Who? Please say more
Coley Parry tried to buy Vitesse, turned out he couldn't actually afford it. Now the Club is heading for relegation, doesn't have a bank account, and might lose their licence. Bloke who owns the stadium has offered to step in but understandably wants Parry out of the picture. Parry won't leave as he wants the dough he's put in back with interest, all the while the crisis is getting deeper and the fans are wondering if they'll even have a club anymore after this season. Shades of Orient in 2017.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:19 pm
Marginal progress?
I crave success. Is that so wrong?
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm
Marginal progress?
And what we haven’t achieved under Nige isn’t success?

Look again.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:59 pm
Marginal progress?
And you don't believe what we have had these past 5 years is success? Two promotions and a decent effort despite limiting factors this year?

Football fans can be a tough audience...
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:58 pm

Who? Please say more
Coley Parry tried to buy Vitesse, turned out he couldn't actually afford it. Now the Club is heading for relegation, doesn't have a bank account, and might lose their licence. Bloke who owns the stadium has offered to step in but understandably wants Parry out of the picture. Parry won't leave as he wants the dough he's put in back with interest, all the while the crisis is getting deeper and the fans are wondering if they'll even have a club anymore after this season. Shades of Orient in 2017.
Woah!

Literally no idea this was happening? Is he out of Orient then?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:28 am

Who? Please say more
Woah!

According the companies house he’s still involved at Orient
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:28 am

Who? Please say more
Woah!

Presumably he is committed to the end of this season. Dunno whether he'll sell his stake in order to shore up his finances, or whether Nigel would even want him around anymore. I certainly wouldn't. And you'd think Parry has received a chastening lesson - but not everyone likes learning.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Good luck to him selling his stake
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

For me : 1 Solomon Brynn (G) - look for a keeper on a perm deal, doubt it'll be Brynn.
13 Sam Howes (G) - keep, squad player who's happy not to play
2 Tom James (D) - been disappointing this year, but I prefer him at RB. Keep him or Hunt, not both.
3 Jayden Sweeney (D) - look to sell to a League 2 club, be best for him and the club
5 Daniel Happe (D) - put the option in, he's been very good at the level despite injuries
12 Brandon Cooper (D) - backup
19 Omar Beckles (D) - keep
32 Rob Hunt (D) - prefer him at LB. Keep him or James, not both.
8 Jordan Brown (M) - keep
11 Theo Archibald (M) - keep, still think he has something to offer
14 George Moncur (M) - try and sell
15 Idris El Mizouni (M) - he'll be playing for a top L1 club next year.
17 Shaq Forde (M) - he'll be available on loan again, I imagine. Been impressed. Try and keep.
18 Darren Pratley (M) - good mentor, but might be time to release
21 Ollie O'Neill (M) - keep
22 Ethan Galbraith (M) - keep
23 Max Sanders (M) - keep
24 Jordan Graham (M) - keep
34 Charlie Pegrum (M) - keep
7 Dan Agyei (F) - keep
9 Joe Pigott (F) - try and sell to a national league side, its his level
10 Ruel Sotiriou (F) - keep. I've genuinely been impressed by his workrate in the games I've seen this season, so I'm not sure where the hate is coming from. Can also score a goal too.
20 Daniel Adu-Adjei (F) - will go on loan to NL.
29 Zech Obiero (F) - sell to NL, best for him
47 Khayon Edwards - will go on loan to L2.