Players who we don’t need any more

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Players who we don’t need any more

Post by Beradogs »

I would sell Ruel, it’s laughable that he would be a championship player if we got promoted or indeed be playing for a team regularly who get promoted from league one. Caveat, I didn’t rate Hector so I could be completely wrong!
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Let’s do this properly. If I was manager

1 Solomon Brynn (G) - wouldn’t mind him back a year older. Equally would be happy if we brought in someone with a bit more experience
13 Sam Howes (G) - I understand why he’s here (money) but I don’t see why we shouldn’t just promote the youth keeper. Howes isn’t up to it.
2 Tom James (D) - f*** me, what to do with James? One of the most gifted players we have but doesn’t seem to like football. I’d keep him but wouldn’t mind upgrading our full backs or put Galbraith there, for all his defensive faults.
3 Jayden Sweeney (D) - in the minority but if he gets decent coaching on his defending he’ll be a really good player and could be our LB of the future.
5 Daniel Happe (D) - exercise the option but tempted to shop him in Jan 25.
12 Brandon Cooper (D) - not a fan but decent enough backup
19 Omar Beckles (D) - average but solid. Keep.
32 Rob Hunt (D) - average but solid. Keep.
8 Jordan Brown (M) - improving every season, played a lot of games and starting to show but he will play a part next season
11 Theo Archibald (M) - keep him at a cut rate as he’s always injured. Even when fully fit he’s probably a back up now.
14 George Moncur (M) - ship out somehow
15 Idris El Mizouni (M) - sell your kids to buy him
17 Shaq Forde (M) - I know last game was shocking but he’s played a ludicrous amount of minutes and I’d take him back in a flash. Won’t happen though
18 Darren Pratley (M) - keep going as long as his legs can keep going
21 Ollie O'Neill (M) - keep
22 Ethan Galbraith (M) - keep
23 Max Sanders (M) - keep
24 Jordan Graham (M) - keep
34 Charlie Pegrum (M) - keep
36 Makai Welch (M) - dunno
38 Abdi Mohamud (M) - dunno
7 Dan Agyei (F) - keep and clone
9 Joe Pigott (F) - ship off
10 Ruel Sotiriou (F) - tempted to cash in on him but he has improved every season. Don’t think he quite has the quality we need in that position to take us to the next level.
20 Daniel Adu-Adjei (F) - send back
29 Zech Obiero (F) - loan him out to league two. I’m a fan but he needs regular football
36 Reon Smith-Kouassi (F) - dunno
47 Khayon Edwards - send back
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Simpson - wtf was the point?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:01 pm Let’s do this properly. If I was manager

1 Solomon Brynn (G) - wouldn’t mind him back a year older. Equally would be happy if we brought in someone with a bit more experience
13 Sam Howes (G) - I understand why he’s here (money) but I don’t see why we shouldn’t just promote the youth keeper. Howes isn’t up to it.
2 Tom James (D) - f*** me, what to do with James? One of the most gifted players we have but doesn’t seem to like football. I’d keep him but wouldn’t mind upgrading our full backs or put Galbraith there, for all his defensive faults.
3 Jayden Sweeney (D) - in the minority but if he gets decent coaching on his defending he’ll be a really good player and could be our LB of the future.
5 Daniel Happe (D) - exercise the option but tempted to shop him in Jan 25.
12 Brandon Cooper (D) - not a fan but decent enough backup
19 Omar Beckles (D) - average but solid. Keep.
32 Rob Hunt (D) - average but solid. Keep.
8 Jordan Brown (M) - improving every season, played a lot of games and starting to show but he will play a part next season
11 Theo Archibald (M) - keep him at a cut rate as he’s always injured. Even when fully fit he’s probably a back up now.
14 George Moncur (M) - ship out somehow
15 Idris El Mizouni (M) - sell your kids to buy him
17 Shaq Forde (M) - I know last game was shocking but he’s played a ludicrous amount of minutes and I’d take him back in a flash. Won’t happen though
18 Darren Pratley (M) - keep going as long as his legs can keep going
21 Ollie O'Neill (M) - keep
22 Ethan Galbraith (M) - keep
23 Max Sanders (M) - keep
24 Jordan Graham (M) - keep
34 Charlie Pegrum (M) - keep
36 Makai Welch (M) - dunno
38 Abdi Mohamud (M) - dunno
7 Dan Agyei (F) - keep and clone
9 Joe Pigott (F) - ship off
10 Ruel Sotiriou (F) - tempted to cash in on him but he has improved every season. Don’t think he quite has the quality we need in that position to take us to the next level.
20 Daniel Adu-Adjei (F) - send back
29 Zech Obiero (F) - loan him out to league two. I’m a fan but he needs regular football
36 Reon Smith-Kouassi (F) - dunno
47 Khayon Edwards - send back
Excellent summary. The issue with getting rid of Sotoriou is that we don’t have enough strikers as it is. Shipping him out just adds another space we need to fill. I’d keep him for convenience at this stage.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:53 am I would sell Ruel, it’s laughable that he would be a championship player if we got promoted or indeed be playing for a team regularly who get promoted from league one. Caveat, I didn’t rate Hector so I could be completely wrong!
If we made it to the Championship, he’d obviously be gone.

You know what you’ll get with Ruel*. The risk if we offload him and bring in a replacement is we sign another piggot, or loan another Edwards or Adjei 2.

*loads of goals, plenty of energy and effort, lots of giving the ball away.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

From the list above

James - 50:50 depends on wage requirements, would like to see an upgrade at LB or RB with more pace / athleticism

Hunt - as per James might come down to keeping one of those two in order to upgrade

Sweeney - loan out to a higher L2 side so he plays a full season

The CBs are generally decent so really depends on wage demand, wouldn't break the back for any of them though.

Pratley - as good a leader he is think it's time to move on and get someone who can play more games with that wage. Ebou Adams pleas as natural successor

El Miz - vital we sign him and in event we don't need to break the bank to match his quality as we don't have anyone else at that level

Archibald - 1 year deal to prove fitness with option to extend in the club's favour

Moncur - somehow move on and replace, though would like to see Galbraith play there until end of the season

Sotiriou - personally would let him move on to fund high quality #9 else we'd need to change our system for him to play regularly. He isn't a first choice for any of the attacking positions and doesn't seem satisfied with being a sub which is fair enough

Pigott - somehow move on and replace, another quality striker required here

Drinan spot - another striker required here, probably Kelman based on January rumours

Forde - probably another loanee here to cover the gap until Archibald is back
Ron Waffle
Fresh Alias

Post by Ron Waffle »

Wellens gave an interview last week where he said Tom James has been outstanding this season so I would imagine he will most definitely be offered a contract. He also said that Simpson has been brought in for next season so I think he will likely get a run out now and its up to him to play his way out of an extended offer.

He also said that the areas he is looking to strengthen for next season are a goal scoring midfielder and a new striker. No mention of people moving on obviously.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Pratley & Rob Hunt have both been offered new contracts
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

OyinbO wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:25 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:27 am The club operate on a tight budget and a fairly small squad
Neither of these things are really true.
Let’s put it another way
The clubs budget is insufficient to even get in the play offs, something major must change or we will never get promoted to the Championship and sustain a position there.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:53 am I would sell Ruel, it’s laughable that he would be a championship player if we got promoted or indeed be playing for a team regularly who get promoted from league one. Caveat, I didn’t rate Hector so I could be completely wrong!
I didn't rate Hector either and that's why we both aren't in pro football
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:37 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:27 am The club operate on a tight budget and a fairly small squad
Let’s put it another way
The clubs budget is insufficient to even get in the play offs, something major must change or we will never get promoted to the Championship and sustain a position there.
Perhaps remind yourself of our top 4 players that are/were out injured.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

OyinbO wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:30 am

I’m afraid they do. Fact.
We have a top 10 budget for this division, and only 8 clubs in it have larger squads than us.
Who told you that . Our budget according to Ling is at the lower levels of the middle 8 clubs.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

OyinbO wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:30 am

I’m afraid they do. Fact.
We have a top 10 budget for this division, and only 8 clubs in it have larger squads than us.
Who told you that . Our budget according to Ling is at the lower levels of the middle 8 clubs.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Let’s put it another way
The budget is sufficient for a manager of Wellens quality.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:02 pm

Let’s put it another way
Haven't we just gone through a season plagued by injuries to key players which will see us fall short of the play offs.

In short the squad is too small because the budget doesn't allow a bigger squad with better depth.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Yet he does score goals .I'd be hesitant to let him go .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:32 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:02 pm

Let’s put it another way
Haven't we just gone through a season plagued by injuries to key players which will see us fall short of the play offs.

In short the squad is too small because the budget doesn't allow a bigger squad with better depth.
Exactly this
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:35 pm
Ruels out of contract in the summer if he goes we wont get a fee.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:42 pm
I'd rather we tried to somehow ship out Pigott . Maybe a move back to Wimbledon which was rumoured in January .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I can’t see many takers to be honest,supposedly Peterborough were interested but on yesterday’s showing they have far better imo. Think people are forgetting we don’t have a permanent keeper so that will take up a wage,you need a good permanent keeper in a team,you can’t keep on loaning them all the time,it makes for no cohesion in the back line. Think the board will have some vital decisions to make come summer.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Monkey Boy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:53 pm

I can’t see many takers to be honest,supposedly Peterborough were interested but on yesterday’s showing they have far better imo. Think people are forgetting we don’t have a permanent keeper so that will take up a wage,you need a good permanent keeper in a team,you can’t keep on loaning them all the time,it makes for no cohesion in the back line. Think the board will have some vital decisions to make come summer.
There will be loads of clubs interested 24 years old, full international, 10 goals and 5 assists in his first season in League one. Peterborough watched him quite a bit earlier this season and taking him on a free would be a no brainer. Pigott nearly went to Wimbledon in January he may get offered to them again in the summer he looks past it at our level. We need a permanent first choice keeper I agree and I would rather have Byrne as our back up than Howes tbh.

It's difficult for the board they have paid out nearly £1 million more in wages than they did last season and we are going to rack up another big loss this financial year, they also want to secure a training ground asap and also need come up with a plan for the stadium. I anticipate that we are going to need fresh investment because I don't think there's a lot more that can be asked of this current crop of directors.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Wouldn't we be entitled to some kind of compensation if Ruel left at the end of his contract this summer (if it is indeed up already) or is he too old now?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Bye bye Beckles
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:01 pm Wouldn't we be entitled to some kind of compensation if Ruel left at the end of his contract this summer (if it is indeed up already) or is he too old now?
He is 24 in August so it is conceivable we might get some compo but if he delays and doesn't sign for someone until after his birthday we will get nothing as far as I am aware.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:12 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:01 pm Wouldn't we be entitled to some kind of compensation if Ruel left at the end of his contract this summer (if it is indeed up already) or is he too old now?
He is 24 in August so it is conceivable we might get some compo but if he delays and doesn't sign for someone until after his birthday we will get nothing as far as I am aware.
Interesting to know, you'd think any smart agent would advise him to wait it out and then get a bigger signing-on fee in that case.