Peterboro

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Peterboro

Post by Hoover Attack »

Their goalie coach came over to the East stand and talked to the stewards and families there to warn them they were about to start shooting practice, then stood to the side of the goal to block wayward shots.

One shot did strike a youngster and the player came into the stand to apologise.

Muted celebrations from Hector after his goal.

No time wasting or silly nonsense. Not one bad tackle. (I’ll let the shirt pulling on Cooper slide).

Class act all round. I wish them luck in the playoffs but look forward to playing them again next season.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Peterboro

Post by gshaw »

Richie said similar in his interview, very professional and no silly business over celebrating.

I can see them getting to Wembley this time but just got a feeling they'll have a case of Orient 2014 about them when it comes to the final
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Too wasteful up top - being honest, they could/should have scored several more.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Certainly one of the better sides to come to E10 this season.
They should have beaten us by more, as we were chasing the game in the 2nd half, they had a number of breakaways when they should have scored………Brynn redeemed himself a bit by making some good saves, but I’d be a bit concerned at the finishing.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Their fanbase seemed to have a much lower concentration of coked up fannies than a lot of visitors this season too.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Thought they were one of the better teams to have played us this season. They played to feet and were very athletic. Lots of pace especially down the channels. A bait the fact they fell over at every given opportunity they were solid. A young team that maybe could do with one or two older pros in the side however very entertaining.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

A club with a decent ground in a town centre too.
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

Very impressed with them when they arrived at the ground. All in club suits and ties and no earphones on, they actually looked liked
professionals. As earlier posted,well done to the goalkeeper coach too, first time I have seen that. Top bloke but maybe the Stewards could do it in future.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

My son a Posh fab so he was happy - we've adopted each others' teams as our second teams.

While I can never want us to lose, the 3 points we didn’t get will I suspect make no difference to us, but it could make all the difference to them, so on the basis I don’t begrudge them it and good luck to them. They have always tried to play football under Fergie, and he’s been good for Hector without doubt.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

timothy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:54 am As earlier posted,well done to the goalkeeper coach too, first time I have seen that. Top bloke but maybe the Stewards could do it in future.
Really classy touch.

Compare and contrast to the Bristol Rovers c**t deliberately smashing balls into the North stand the other week during their pre match warm up.