Exiles Thread.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Exiles Thread.

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 pm That goal and lack of of a decent striker sums up the team this season.
I agree but you can't fault the effort of all the players this season . I would have definitely taken a 10th place finish at the beginning of the season .
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Lincoln were nothing special today
Dan Agyei would have made a big difference
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:57 pm Lincoln were nothing special today
Was just thinking that myself. We are a decent striker away from the play offs.
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

Didn't deserve to lose. O'Neil made a difference when he came on. Still, only 6 games left and we've still had a lot of interest in this season. Over now surely.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 pm
i8ubutler wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm El Miz off injured.
Was it a nasty one? Bbc had 2 mins before play restarted
Didn't look good. Hopefully not too serious as he did come off on his feet, altho only just.
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

An absolute choker. Especially as Brown had a good game. So unlucky.

Pigs made some very nice touches when he came on. Linked up the play well. Credit where credit is due.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 pm
Not getting the signing in January has come back to haunt us as expected. When you're having to bring Pigott and a youth player on hoping for an impact you can see the lack of depth required to push on this season.

Big summer ahead with a lot of key signings to be made...
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

Forde now 9 games without a goal and Sotriou 6 without a goal.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 pm That goal and lack of of a decent striker sums up the team this season.
I agree but you can't fault the effort of all the players this season . I would have definitely taken a 10th place finish at the beginning of the season .
Yes it has been a good season and some good performances however the blatant lack of signing a decent striker in the summer and especially the last window has cost us a place in the playoffs. That’s down to the board and Ling imo. How many games this season have we dominated and not turned that dominance into a win. Still the board will be happy with 10th not sure about all the supporters though after seeing another 3 points thrown away.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 pm
Not getting the signing in January has come back to haunt us as expected. When you're having to bring Pigott and a youth player on hoping for an impact you can see the lack of depth required to push on this season.

I agree we need an upgrade on Pigott . It just hasn't worked out for him at Orient and would be better off starting afresh somewhere else .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 pm
Yes it has been a good season and some good performances however the blatant lack of signing a decent striker in the summer and especially the last window has cost us a place in the playoffs. That’s down to the board and Ling imo. How many games this season have we dominated and not turned that dominance into a win. Still the board will be happy with 10th not sure about all the supporters though after seeing another 3 points thrown away.
The impression I got was the CEO of the parent club pulled the rag from under us with the on loan striker signing .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

The impression I got was the CEO of the parent club pulled the rag from under us with the on loan striker signing .
Weather he did or didn’t is immaterial imo we are supposed to have drawn up a list at the ready so what’s happened to that. The fact we sign players late,just to save a weeks wages is farcical and that deal was left to the last hour of the window. I keep remembering what the chairman said “we are going for it” going for what? It’s certainly wasn’t the playoffs
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

It is unfair to say we have a lack depth up front, we have 3 forwards out with major injuries and the club simply can't afford to have ready made replacements to just be sitting around to take their places.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

whittle76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 pm

It is unfair to say we have a lack depth up front, we have 3 forwards out with major injuries and the club simply can't afford to have ready made replacements to just be sitting around to take their places.
Two of those are wingers, it's out and out strikers we've been light on since last January (as in 2023) and still not resolved.

Pigott has flopped massively so we need two in and try to move him on come summer.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Yes it has been a good season and some good performances however the blatant lack of signing a decent striker in the summer
You realise we signed Agyei in the summer, right?
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Lincoln, despite being absolutely nothing special, have been our real bogey team this year. 1-0 up near the end in the first home game before it was abandoned in tragic circumstances, lost the second home game to a last minute goal and now, today, we've lost to another last minute goal.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

LPE wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 pm An absolute choker. Especially as Brown had a good game. So unlucky.

Pigs made some very nice touches when he came on. Linked up the play well. Credit where credit is due.
Totally. Brown was MOTM then gets caught like that. Gutted for him.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Stowaway wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 pm

Yes it has been a good season and some good performances however the blatant lack of signing a decent striker in the summer
That's one, we needed at least two just to stay still having seen Smyth, Smith, Kelman and Sadlier depart plus in January we let Drinan go with no replacement either
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

This is the Agyei that's been fit enough to start 5 league games all season is it?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

gshaw wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 pm

That's one, we needed at least two just to stay still having seen Smyth, Smith, Kelman and Sadlier depart plus in January we let Drinan go with no replacement either
Smyth - Agyei
Kelman - Forde
Smith - Pigott
Sadlier - Graham

3 of those 4 are on par or better than the player they replaced.

We did replace Drinan. But with two kids. Not ideal but not true he wasn’t replaced
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Agyei is the only one that’s not a better replacement. But we were never going to better Smyth - Agyei comes a very close second. Piggot is the only disappointment in that lot but even he is an improvement.

We’ve just been massively unlucky with injuries.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Think people are being a bit cheeky saying Orient should've won, barely created anything, best chance was the Lincoln free kick in the first half and for 99% of the game restricted Orient to shots from distance or straight at the keeper, it deserved to be a draw
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 pm

Smyth - Agyei
Kelman - Forde
Smith - Pigott
Sadlier - Graham

We did replace Drinan. But with two kids. Not ideal but not true he wasn’t replaced
That's my point, we didn't strengthen in the ST position, arguably got weaker because of just far off the mark Pigott has been. Forde has ended up morphing into a (pretty effective) wide player so ended up with only Agyei as a capable out and out striker.

Not ideal regarding the lack of senior pro striker in Jan is somewhat of an understatement. The club must get Richie what he wants this summer, no excuses.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

gshaw wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 pm

Smyth - Agyei
Kelman - Forde
Smith - Pigott
Sadlier - Graham

That's my point, we didn't strengthen in the ST position, arguably got weaker because of just far off the mark Pigott has been. Forde has ended up morphing into a (pretty effective) wide player so ended up with only Agyei as a capable out and out striker.

Not ideal regarding the lack of senior pro striker in Jan is somewhat of an understatement. The club must get Richie what he wants this summer, no excuses.
I’d say we got a lot stronger. Pigott is sh*t but so was Smith for league one. I don’t disagree that we need a striker but we are a lot better in the front three positions than this time last year.

The way we play, it doesn’t really matter if you’re talking about traditional front men or wide players. Everyone is expected to contribute and you don’t really need a central striker to score 25 goals a season
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

You realise we signed pigott in the summer and two children in the last window, right?