Costa Coffee

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Costa Coffee

Post by Disoriented »

Documented today that this scum company are charging employees 200 sobs for ‘training’ expenses.

Time to boycott this anti-employee and over-populated blight on our high street.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Costa Coffee

Post by Real Al »

I have actively boycotted all coffee shops for decades.

But then I don't really drink the stuff.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Real Al wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 pm I have actively boycotted all coffee shops for decades.

But then I don't really drink the stuff.
Starbucks = tax avoiders

Doesn’t leave many chains left. Time to frequent the independents.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sadly this sort of stuff is not new. When I worked in the clothing industry (20+ odd years ago) part of my role was to audit high street shops, including stock taking. The store managers complained then that they were penalised for shortages from, for example, shop lifting. Exceptionally harsh given their lack of ability to fully control the activities of criminals at all times and the then lack of technology to detect theft like door alarms.

"Management" felt such penalties focussed the mind in the store, promoting vigilance, and stopped staff from "borrowing" company stock.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

I rarely use Costa Bomb coffee or Mc W Burgers.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm Sadly this sort of stuff is not new. When I worked in the clothing industry (20+ odd years ago) part of my role was to audit high street shops, including stock taking. The store managers complained then that they were penalised for shortages from, for example, shop lifting. Exceptionally harsh given their lack of ability to fully control the activities of criminals at all times and the then lack of technology to detect theft like door alarms.

"Management" felt such penalties focussed the mind in the store, promoting vigilance, and stopped staff from "borrowing" company stock.
So you colluded in this exploitation of the workers?
🤔
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm Sadly this sort of stuff is not new. When I worked in the clothing industry (20+ odd years ago) part of my role was to audit high street shops, including stock taking. The store managers complained then that they were penalised for shortages from, for example, shop lifting. Exceptionally harsh given their lack of ability to fully control the activities of criminals at all times and the then lack of technology to detect theft like door alarms.

🤔
Far from it. I found this type of approach totally crap. However, my job was auditing the store and in that my personal integrity ensured I did the job to the best of my ability in a truthful and honest manner. Don't mean I had to like it nor did it mean I would lie to cover up stock losses.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 pm

🤔
Far from it. I found this type of approach totally crap. However, my job was auditing the store and in that my personal integrity ensured I did the job to the best of my ability in a truthful and honest manner. Don't mean I had to like it nor did it mean I would lie to cover up stock losses.
Did you actively argue against this abhorrent practice though?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

You also need a password to use their toilets.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 pm

🤔
Did you actively argue against this abhorrent practice though?
Yes. Never had an issue making my feelings known. Not then, not now. Don't mean I always got my way.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Hold up.

I thought you were a King of the Boardroom, not a stock counter?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Hold up.

I thought you were a King of the Boardroom, not a stock counter?
Believe it or not Directors (some) do get out and do real work sometimes. Stuff in the real world. Never afraid of donning the demin and climbing over racks for a stock count, keying orders, picking and packing, delivering parcels from our van fleet etc etc.

Cannot manage Business Improvement if you don't understand the business. The best way to do that was to get your hands dirty and do the jobs. That's where you really find out what goes on, it sure as hell not what the department Managers tell you what goes on!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 pm Documented today that this scum company are charging employees 200 sobs for ‘training’ expenses.

Time to boycott this anti-employee and over-populated blight on our high street.
It's nice to agree with you for once . That's an absolute disgrace . utter piss takers .
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 pm
Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 pm Documented today that this scum company are charging employees 200 sobs for ‘training’ expenses.

It's nice to agree with you for once . That's an absolute disgrace . utter p*ss takers .
Completely. Blatant disregard for those who make them profits.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Plus all the large brands Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc, refuse to give unused sandwiches etc to shelters at the end of the day. They destroy them. Greggs do give them away when asked so I personally don't mind buying from them.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

The only coffee shop i normally use is the one a little way past the Technical on the way to home games , i think itsTurkish and its not a bad cup of coffee for 2 quid ....albeit small cups ☕☕
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

The Mindsweep wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm Plus all the large brands Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc, refuse to give unused sandwiches etc to shelters at the end of the day. They destroy them. Greggs do give them away when asked so I personally don't mind buying from them.
As long has they don’t give away those sausage rolls - they are bad enough fresh.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

BIGRON wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 pm The only coffee shop i normally use is the one a little way past the Technical on the way to home games , i think itsTurkish and its not a bad cup of coffee for 2 quid ....albeit small cups ☕☕
I thought you preferred large cups Ron?🤔
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Funnily enough, I looked up how much nero pay earlier and it’s basically minimum wage according to glass door. 23k for managers and they charge 2.80 for a f*cking flat white. Outrageous.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 pm Funnily enough, I looked up how much nero pay earlier and it’s basically minimum wage according to glass door. 23k for managers and they charge 2.80 for a f*cking flat white. Outrageous.
Absolutely Womble. Someone is getting rich by breaking the backs of the rest of us.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Shame I toddle over there from the office 3 times a day :(
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 pm Shame I toddle over there from the office 3 times a day :(
😅
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:03 pm
BIGRON wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 pm The only coffee shop i normally use is the one a little way past the Technical on the way to home games , i think itsTurkish and its not a bad cup of coffee for 2 quid ....albeit small cups ☕☕
I thought you preferred large cups Ron?🤔
Ahh....youve met the wife 👍👍