It’s George marsh

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mike pinner
Fresh Alias

Re: It’s George marsh

Post by Mike pinner »

There's no way he'd be recalled this season with the amount of midfielders available to Spurs. He's sharp and competitive, could be just the player lots of people have said we're crying out for, just depends on how he adapts to L2.

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:15 pm
FargO wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:12 pm Tough tackling holding midfielder. Just what we need.
That’s if he starts, who do you think will make way for him?

Happe maybe if we go 442.
Clay. If Marsh becomes an integral part of our team I hope we can extend his loan right the way up until the end of the season. My mind goes back to Eldin Jakupovic . He quickly became an important member of our team in 2014. and at a crucial point in our season got recalled by Hull . That really did cost us so I hope the same thing doesn't happen again this time .
LOFC1948
Fresh Alias

Post by LOFC1948 »

Eat The Rich wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm Seen plenty of Marshy. Absolutely bizarre signing. Defensive midfielder who gets it and gives it super simple. Doesn't score. Doesn't assist. Doesn't get forward. He's a good young player that Pochettino likes but he's basically Josh Wright minus the occasional pass forward.
Mmm - sounds just what we need 😟
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm Plays right back as well as midfield. Bench warmer.
You thought any new signing from now would go straight into the first team?!
I thought any newcomer would be first team ready. Challenging for a place. Don’t see it.

Again I ask who will he replace? Clay, don’t think so. Wright, definitely not. Brophy, that would be a tough call by RE.

He is with us for the next few months. Can’t see him really challenging any of our midfield trio for a start anytime soon. According to RE we’ve been searching for somebody better than we have. Is he, now anyway? Zero games. Making up the numbers. Cheap solution maybe. After searching for weeks, that’s the solution.

I await to be amazed. Unless we go 442 and Happe makes space.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

How will that line up work?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Orient fans- 'sign a 'ball winner' defensive midfielder'.
Orient- 'here's a 'ball winner' defensive midfielder'.
Orient fans- 'why have you signed this guy?!'
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 pm Orient fans- 'sign a 'ball winner' defensive midfielder'.
So he is the only ball winning defensive midfielder available?

Stupid comment.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

... Sounds like he'll be handy getting up for corners.
O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 pm
Red_Army wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 pm Orient fans- 'sign a 'ball winner' defensive midfielder'.

Stupid comment.
No more stupid than the thousands you have posted.
No one has really suggested much else in this area apart from a 32 year old trouble maker who' s been made to train with Shrewbury's youth team.
Give the lad a chance he might be the answer.
BrendO
Fresh Alias

Post by BrendO »

Mike pinner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:00 pm There's no way he'd be recalled this season with the amount of midfielders available to Spurs. He's sharp and competitive, could be just the player lots of people have said we're crying out for, just depends on how he adapts to L2.

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:15 pm

That’s if he starts, who do you think will make way for him?

Happe maybe if we go 442.
Clay. If Marsh becomes an integral part of our team I hope we can extend his loan right the way up until the end of the season. My mind goes back to Eldin Jakupovic . He quickly became an important member of our team in 2014. and at a crucial point in our season got recalled by Hull . That really did cost us so I hope the same thing doesn't happen again this time .
He certainly wouldn't be recalled to go back in the Spurs first team but if he were to do well it's possible that Spurs might want him to play at a higher level after January.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

O my gawd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Stupid comment.
No one has really suggested much else in this area apart from a 32 year old trouble maker who' s been made to train with Shrewbury's youth team.
That's true. With a DOF and scouts a guy with zero experience is the best we can come up with. OK, he may be great, I fecking hope so, but how the hell can anyone tell when he has never been tested. Big gamble. Fingers crossed stuff. Hope it works because we need a strong tackling ball winner in CM who can introduce that little bit of creativity we lack. who will he replace? Clay, Wright or Brophy.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

BrendO wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm
Mike pinner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:00 pm There's no way he'd be recalled this season with the amount of midfielders available to Spurs. He's sharp and competitive, could be just the player lots of people have said we're crying out for, just depends on how he adapts to L2.

He certainly wouldn't be recalled to go back in the Spurs first team but if he were to do well it's possible that Spurs might want him to play at a higher level after January.
Doubtful. The kid had no chance at the Spuds this season.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:38 pm
BrendO wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Doubtful. The kid had no chance at the Spuds this season.
Even if he does amazingly well I cant see Spurs wanting him back this season. If he does the business for us I'm sure we will extend until the season ends.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Stupid comment.
That's true. With a DOF and scouts a guy with zero experience is the best we can come up with. OK, he may be great, I fecking hope so, but how the hell can anyone tell when he has never been tested. Big gamble. Fingers crossed stuff. Hope it works because we need a strong tackling ball winner in CM who can introduce that little bit of creativity we lack. who will he replace? Clay, Wright or Brophy.
Who knows, maybe he was? Maybe he was the best option all things considered. In any case, if you don't think he will be a good signing, we may as well give up given your extensive list of successful predictions.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Eat The Rich wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm Seen plenty of Marshy. Absolutely bizarre signing. Defensive midfielder who gets it and gives it super simple. Doesn't score. Doesn't assist. Doesn't get forward. He's a good young player that Pochettino likes but he's basically Josh Wright minus the occasional pass forward.
Josh Wright minus the occasional pass forward.

Best line on this forum for ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

First off, give the lad a chance before we make too many assumptions. Spurs are a high class Premier League team and they must rate George highly as they gave him a 2 year extension to his contract in June 2019.
As to being only 5'3'' tall, well there have been quite a few great players who have been tough ball winning midfield players despite being on the small side. For a start, here are three international who played for the tough tackling Leeds team of the 1960s, Bobby Collins 5'3'' ( Scotland ) Billy Bremner 5'5'' ( Scotland ) and Johnny Giles 5'7'' ( Republic of Ireland ) All three were great midfield players for Club and Country.
Another tough little chap who was a ''HANDFUL'' on the pitch ( especially in the penalty box ! ) was.........Diego Maradona !!
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm First off, give the lad a chance before we make too many assumptions. Spurs are a high class Premier League team and they must rate George highly as they gave him a 2 year extension to his contract in June 2019.
As to being only 5'3'' tall, well there have been quite a few great players who have been tough ball winning midfield players despite being on the small side. For a start, here are three international who played for the tough tackling Leeds team of the 1960s, Bobby Collins 5'3'' ( Scotland ) Billy Bremner 5'5'' ( Scotland ) and Johnny Giles 5'7'' ( Republic of Ireland ) All three were great midfield players for Club and Country.
Another tough little chap who was a ''HANDFUL'' on the pitch ( especially in the penalty box ! ) was.........Diego Maradona !!
We need a seasoned pro, not a vestal virgin.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Red_Army wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Who knows, maybe he was? Maybe he was the best option all things considered. In any case, if you don't think he will be a good signing, we may as well give up given your extensive list of successful predictions.
I hope he turns out to be an excellent signing, of course I do. As for my predictions, I refer the honourable gentleman to last seasons predictions league where for most of the time I was top, or second.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 pm

I hope he turns out to be an excellent signing, of course I do. As for my predictions, I refer the honourable gentleman to last seasons predictions league where for most of the time I was top, or second.
But collapsed like a Jenga game when it got to the business end of the season.
Forty-Niner
Fresh Alias

Post by Forty-Niner »

At 5'3 he will be the shortest player in the EFL . As for the claim on the LOFC website that he can also play at centre back - let's hope that won't happen. I'm going to cling to the comparison to Maradona.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:54 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm First off, give the lad a chance before we make too many assumptions. Spurs are a high class Premier League team and they must rate George highly as they gave him a 2 year extension to his contract in June 2019.
We need a seasoned pro, not a vestal virgin.
Well on first impression, he does seem small and young but let us give the lad a chance, after all, we might get a pleasant surprise and how nice that would be for both George and the Os if he does do well, after all, hope springs eternal !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Forty-Niner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm At 5'3 he will be the shortest player in the EFL . As for the claim on the LOFC website that he can also play at centre back - let's hope that won't happen. I'm going to cling to the comparison to Maradona.
Or two shorties, Billy Bremner and Bobby Collins of the 1960s era Leeds Utd side, both top midfield players and both tough cookies !!
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 pm

But collapsed like a Jenga game when it got to the business end of the season.
Sure did. But I sometimes have a short attention span, this and forum changes meant I lost interest and dropped, not because of poor predictions but no predictions.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm
Forty-Niner wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm At 5'3 he will be the shortest player in the EFL . As for the claim on the LOFC website that he can also play at centre back - let's hope that won't happen. I'm going to cling to the comparison to Maradona.
Or two shorties, Billy Bremner and Bobby Collins of the 1960s era Leeds Utd side, both top midfield players and both tough cookies !!
But not kids.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Can also play right back I believe. If he is good enough he is tall enough. Don't see the issue having one small terrier like player in the side. Bremner a case in point, what a player.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Disoriented wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 pm
But not kids.
Of course there were once. they weren't born old.