Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by Cheshunto »

Personally I’m against a pitch invasion until after the players and JE etc have had a chance to do a lap of honour.
Certainly no one should go on before the final whistle and risk any problems from the authorities etc
Just my opinion and some will disagree. There will be a lot of excitement on Saturday but let’s allow the players to do the job properly and get out of this god awful league.
What are the chances of the Trophy being presented if/when we finish the job ??
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Tent Keague wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm Hopefully it'll be decent weather
Light rain showers and a gentle breeze forecast 🤔🤔
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm Personally I’m against a pitch invasion until after the players and JE etc have had a chance to do a lap of honour.
Certainly no one should go on before the final whistle and risk any problems from the authorities etc
Just my opinion and some will disagree. There will be a lot of excitement on Saturday but let’s allow the players to do the job properly and get out of this god awful league.
I agree with this too, we're on TV with potentially a trophy presentation, interviews, lap of honour and whatever else going on. Think the club should communicate this by Thursday / Friday so the fans know where they stand.

All with the proviso we get the job done, let's keep our heads and finish the job professionally.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm
Tent Keague wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 pm Hopefully it'll be decent weather
Light rain showers and a gentle breeze forecast 🤔🤔
Pitch invasion with Brollys then :lol:
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

gshaw wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm Personally I’m against a pitch invasion until after the players and JE etc have had a chance to do a lap of honour.
I agree with this too, we're on TV with potentially a trophy presentation, interviews, lap of honour and whatever else going on. Think the club should communicate this by Thursday / Friday so the fans know where they stand.
I know exactly where I stand mate. ON THE PITCH!
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
Players and their families perhaps?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

gshaw wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Red_Army wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
Has everybody forgotten that there is an FA trophy final in a few weeks? The players can do their lap of honor then.

Having seen this clip of Lincoln at the weekend I've decided I want a bit of this:

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Sod that, let’s invade at Wembley as well.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

It’s almost as if the fans can go back off the pitch after coming on so the players can do their lap of honour

The lap of honour never happens immediately after the game ends anyway
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

f*** it, I’m invading the lap of honour too.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:45 pm
Has everybody forgotten that there is an FA trophy final in a few weeks? The players can do their lap of honor then.

Having seen this clip of Lincoln at the weekend I've decided I want a bit of this:

Quality scenes
eppinggas
Fresh Alias

Post by eppinggas »

Nothing wrong with a good natured pitch invasion.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Last time I was on the pitch was in May 1983. I was in my teens then. Don't think I will be going on the pitch on Saturday.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Its completely understandable if people don't want to go on themselves, but please don't deny the rest of us the opportunity to enjoy the moment to its fullest.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:26 am Its completely understandable if people don't want to go on themselves, but please don't deny the rest of us the opportunity to enjoy the moment to its fullest.
That cuts both ways. If the trophy isn't presented on the pitch but say in the directors box (well the high up seats) because of a pitch invasion then those who don't run on the pitch are denied the chance to see team have lap of honour. I suspect there will be a lot of stewards to attempt to prevent the pitch invasion.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:26 am Its completely understandable if people don't want to go on themselves, but please don't deny the rest of us the opportunity to enjoy the moment to its fullest.
How about you not denying the disabled and others the chance to see the team do a lap of honour with your selfish desire to run into the pitch?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 pm
How about you not denying the disabled and others the chance to see the team do a lap of honour with your selfish desire to run into the pitch?
Not quite sure I get your point about disabled people?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Everyone celebrates with a pitch invasion. They're fun. It was great against Peterborough. We just want the chance to celebrate with the players. It really wouldn't be the same if we were confined to the stands giving the players a round of applause like we did when they finished 13th last season. This hasn't happened for decades, we should celebrate it to its fullest.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm
They are not able to invade pitch and those running on pitch, standing at barriers before end of fame etc stop the disabled seeing what is happening

PS Football (Offences) Act 1991, section 4 makes interesting reading
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 pm

They are not able to invade pitch and those running on pitch, standing at barriers before end of fame etc stop the disabled seeing what is happening

Firstly there is no reason why lots of disabled people could not make it onto the pitch. If we did this 'lap of honour', you think people wouldn't stand down at the bottom like they do every season, blocking these people's view?

I couldn't care less about rules against it. Every club who gets promoted does it. We did it for winning a semi-final ffs. If 6,000+ make it onto the pitch, the police are not going to take one bit of interest in nicking anybody unless they are behaving ridiculously.

Live in the real world please.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:12 pm

Firstly there is no reason why lots of disabled people could not make it onto the pitch. If we did this 'lap of honour', you think people wouldn't stand down at the bottom like they do every season, blocking these people's view?

I couldn't care less about rules against it. Every club who gets promoted does it. We did it for winning a semi-final ffs. If 6,000+ make it onto the pitch, the police are not going to take one bit of interest in nicking anybody unless they are behaving ridiculously.

Live in the real world?

You think wheelchair based fans can invade the pitch?

You who seemingly doesn't give a sh*t about others enjoyment being ruined by your selfish desire to run on the pitch.

If you feel the need to run on grass then f*CK off to the park and stop being so self centred and selfish for those around you

Oh, and who said Police would or would not arrest anyone. I certainly didn't
Last edited by spen666 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Live in the real world?

You who seemingly doesn't give a sh*t about others enjoyment being ruined by your selfish desire to run on the pitch.

If you feel the need to run on grass then f*CK off to the park and stop being so self centred and selfish for those around you
Have you never seen those pictures of people in wheelchairs on the pitch?

What about when people go to the front for a lap of honour then?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Live in the real world?

Have you never seen those pictures of people in wheelchairs on the pitch?

What about when people go to the front for a lap of honour then?

We get the idea, you don't give a sh*t about anyone else other than yourself and you having fun no matter the effect on others.

Strange from a person who was preaching about others not denying people their fun
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

It's a different kind of fun. Yes I do prioritise my version over the others. I dare say this forum is not a representative sample of Orient fan feelings on this.

Also as explained there's no reason both can't happen.