Israel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Celtient
Fresh Alias

Re: Israel

Post by Celtient »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:10 am Israel can do what it wants with impunity. No one ever sanctions them, and its been this way for over 7 decades. Anyone who dares to criticise Israel is immediately labelled an anti semite etc etc .

Its been obvious, for months that Netanyahu wants all Palestinians killed or removed from Gaza, until none are left. Anyone who makes a comparison between Netanyahu & Hitler is again labelled an anti semite, but there are many legitimate comparisons between the two.

The Israelis are now saying they dont want peace, if it leads to a Palestinian state, even though the rest of the world wants this.

Israel is a rogue state, similar i suppose to North Korea, except N. Korea doesnt kill people non stop. Both possess Nuclear weapons.

The thought of a psychopath like Netanyahu having nukes is very very worrying. He needs to be removed one way or another, because this killing will never stop whilst he is in power
OK, please tell me what the many similarities between Hitler and Netanyahu are
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Celtient wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:35 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:10 am Israel can do what it wants with impunity. No one ever sanctions them, and its been this way for over 7 decades. Anyone who dares to criticise Israel is immediately labelled an anti semite etc etc .

Its been obvious, for months that Netanyahu wants all Palestinians killed or removed from Gaza, until none are left. Anyone who makes a comparison between Netanyahu & Hitler is again labelled an anti semite, but there are many legitimate comparisons between the two.

The Israelis are now saying they dont want peace, if it leads to a Palestinian state, even though the rest of the world wants this.

Israel is a rogue state, similar i suppose to North Korea, except N. Korea doesnt kill people non stop. Both possess Nuclear weapons.

The thought of a psychopath like Netanyahu having nukes is very very worrying. He needs to be removed one way or another, because this killing will never stop whilst he is in power
No, because you're taking the piss.
Any person with average intelligence can work this out
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:55 pm

No, I think you should lay the similarities out. You could have compared Netanyahu to any one from history, yet you chose the one who was responsible for wiping out millions of Jews. Interesting.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

As I thought, you couldn't really come up with anything
Wallingford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Wallingford O »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:41 pm

No, I think you should lay the similarities out. You could have compared Netanyahu to any one from history, yet you chose the one who was responsible for wiping out millions of Jews. Interesting.
You' have answered to your own comment.

One wiped out millions of Jews and the other will no doubt wipe out millions of Palestinians.

Their is your comparison
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Wallingford O wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:59 pm

One wiped out millions of Jews and the other will no doubt wipe out millions of Palestinians.

Their is your comparison
^^^^ this

It was so obvious, and I reckon you all knew it anyway.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Their is your comparison
Not quite. One HAS. In your opinion another one WILL.

Again, lay out the similarities between the two. Until Palestinians, LGBT community, black, gypsies, disabled, political opponants etc are bussed into concentration camps in their millions, forced into hard labour, gassed and then burnt, it is incredbly premature and anti-semitic to even think about comparing the two fannies.

If you wanted to acuse him of genocide amongst other things, you could have picked Slobodan Milosevic. Even then, tell me where in Palestine are there concentration camps like Trnopolje and Omarska.

Should Netanyahu face war crime charges? Yes.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Netanyahu shows a callous disregard for civilians in his quest to eliminate Hamas. Horrific, but hardly unique among wartime leaders. RAF and allied bombers killed 40,000 civilians in one night by dropping thousands of incendiary devices on Hamburg. Does that mean that Churchill was in many ways very similar to Hitler?
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Celtient wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:31 am Netanyahu shows a callous disregard for civilians in his quest to eliminate Hamas. Horrific, but hardly unique among wartime leaders. RAF and allied bombers killed 40,000 civilians in one night by dropping thousands of incendiary devices on Hamburg. Does that mean that Churchill was in many ways very similar to Hitler?
I'm so glad you're here where would we all be without your unique wisdom and knowledge ?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:46 pm
Celtient wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:31 am Netanyahu shows a callous disregard for civilians in his quest to eliminate Hamas. Horrific, but hardly unique among wartime leaders. RAF and allied bombers killed 40,000 civilians in one night by dropping thousands of incendiary devices on Hamburg. Does that mean that Churchill was in many ways very similar to Hitler?
I'm so glad you're here where would we all be without your unique wisdom and knowledge ?
Less informed and more hyperbolic
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:14 am

Their is your comparison
Not quite. One HAS. In your opinion another one WILL.

Again, lay out the similarities between the two. Until Palestinians, LGBT community, black, gypsies, disabled, political opponants etc are bussed into concentration camps in their millions, forced into hard labour, gassed and then burnt, it is incredbly premature and anti-semitic to even think about comparing the two fannies.

If you wanted to acuse him of genocide amongst other things, you could have picked Slobodan Milosevic. Even then, tell me where in Palestine are there concentration camps like Trnopolje and Omarska.

Should Netanyahu face war crime charges? Yes.
Strong agree. There are plenty of other fascists and despots out there to compare Bibi to. To pick Hitler is a revealing choice.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Thanks. I know from your previous posts that you're a bit thick, so anything that helps improve you're knowledge can only be a good thing
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

First off, Churchill clearly wasn’t like Hitler. He was a rich and entitled opportunist for sure and he made some god awful decisions in his long career. Like most of his ilk he looked after the wealthy first. As an example of this there were more anti-aircraft guns in West London than in the poorer East End where prime targets like the Docks were. He once visited the East End for a photo opportunity/PR stunt and got widely booed and jeered by Eastenders who knew that they were simply cannon fodder to him. So, like Hitler, of course not but he wasn’t a nice man.

Comparing Netanyahu’s callous disregard for civilians with a bombing raid in WW2 is, at best, meaningless. It seems to be an attempt to justify Netanyahu in an “it’s always been that way so why single Netanyahu out?” type scenario. The Hamburg raid and also the Dresden raid have both received huge criticism since the War. Strong arguments in support of (military and/or manufacturing plants targeted) and against (huge civilian losses) have been offered. Fact is that the massive loss of civilian life was an abomination in both of those WW2 raids. So how can this be used in any way as some kind of justification for the wholesale destruction of Gaza?

We live in a more enlightened age than in the early 1940’s - we ought to be able to acknowledge that what Israel is doing, under Netanyahu and his cronies leadership, is wrong - very, very wrong. We also need to be able to say that without some idiot saying it’s anti-Semitic.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

I'm not trying to justify the destruction in Gaza. My point was in relation to the initial post which stated that Netanyahu was in many ways very similar to Hitler.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Celtient wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:34 pm
Thanks. I know from your previous posts that you're a bit thick, so anything that helps improve you're knowledge can only be a good thing
I'm actually taking the p1ss out of you but you're too thick to see it
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

BoniO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:55 pm
First off, Churchill clearly wasn’t like Hitler. He was a rich and entitled opportunist for sure and he made some god awful decisions in his long career. Like most of his ilk he looked after the wealthy first. As an example of this there were more anti-aircraft guns in West London than in the poorer East End where prime targets like the Docks were. He once visited the East End for a photo opportunity/PR stunt and got widely booed and jeered by Eastenders who knew that they were simply cannon fodder to him. So, like Hitler, of course not but he wasn’t a nice man.

Comparing Netanyahu’s callous disregard for civilians with a bombing raid in WW2 is, at best, meaningless. It seems to be an attempt to justify Netanyahu in an “it’s always been that way so why single Netanyahu out?” type scenario. The Hamburg raid and also the Dresden raid have both received huge criticism since the War. Strong arguments in support of (military and/or manufacturing plants targeted) and against (huge civilian losses) have been offered. Fact is that the massive loss of civilian life was an abomination in both of those WW2 raids. So how can this be used in any way as some kind of justification for the wholesale destruction of Gaza?

We live in a more enlightened age than in the early 1940’s - we ought to be able to acknowledge that what Israel is doing, under Netanyahu and his cronies leadership, is wrong - very, very wrong. We also need to be able to say that without some idiot saying it’s anti-Semitic.
Just wait until you find out about Churchill’s history with the black and tans and the Bengal famine
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Neptune's Spear wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Oh, you got me there! I feel really foolish now
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Celtient wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:59 pm
Neptune's Spear wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:51 pm

Oh, you got me there! I feel really foolish now
:lol:

Celtient, the scary thing about you is that you genuinely believe that you're intelligent !
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Israel says it won't accept a Palestinian state next to its borders under any circumstances.
The rest of the world want a two state solution, ie. a Palestine state.
How that one gets solved I've no idea.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Just wait until you find out about Churchill’s history with the black and tans and the Bengal famine
Think I'm already up to speed on these and a few others that I can't be asked to mention. Military cock-ups included Gallipoli and Norway.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

BoniO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:32 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Think I'm already up to speed on these and a few others that I can't be asked to mention. Military cock-ups included Gallipoli and Norway.
Then you will know Churchill wasn’t just a ‘rich, entitled opportunist’. He was closer to Hitler than Netanyahu.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm Israel says it won't accept a Palestinian state next to its borders under any circumstances.
Palestine hold a similar view to Israel, they don't want a 2 state solution either
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Adz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm Israel says it won't accept a Palestinian state next to its borders under any circumstances.
Palestine hold a similar view to Israel, they don't want a 2 state solution either
Is that true?
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 am
Adz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 pm
Is that true?
More accurate to say Palestinians don't want a two state solution, but yes it's true.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Have you asked all the ones that are left?