UK Media

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: UK Media

Post by Hoover Attack »

Beradogs wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:58 pm Channel 4. ITV. In fact, all of the original TV channels are socially far left.
:D
CEB
Regular
Regular
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:15 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:28 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:58 pm

🤣🤣🤣

Be interested to see what you come up with if you did "go on", since three of the five you listed are absolutely not left wing in the slightest.
More than happy to continue

The radically left Palace podcast EAGLE talk for one 🦅
Ah FFS 👏

You’re doing it wrong - just say “I never said that any of those five were not left wing” and then if there’s any follow up, say “obsessed”
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Noted.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:07 pm Daily Mail Group is owned by a non dom Viscount, whatever the f*** that is.
The Russian who Boris gave a peerage owns the Evening Standard although I think thats fairly irrelevant nowadays.
GB News- who owns that? Apparently they are broadcasting ‘turbo cancer’ conspiracy theories and ..
Ofcom say thats fine, their chairman is Michael Grade who was a Tory peer.
Murdoch of course owns The Sun and Times. Used to own Sky- no idea who controls that now.
Sadly turbo cancer is not a conspiracy theory.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Still's Carenae wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 am
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:07 pm Daily Mail Group is owned by a non dom Viscount, whatever the f*** that is.
The Russian who Boris gave a peerage owns the Evening Standard although I think thats fairly irrelevant nowadays.
GB News- who owns that? Apparently they are broadcasting ‘turbo cancer’ conspiracy theories and ..
Murdoch of course owns The Sun and Times. Used to own Sky- no idea who controls that now.
:?:
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Oh dear, Still's been watching wingnut You Tubes again.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Wait - "turbo cancer" is a thing with the fruitloop YouTube community?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Conspiracy theorist says what

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N3340PQ/
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

o-no wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:43 am
Oh dear, Still's been watching wingnut You Tubes again.
No. Just speaking with an oncologist. If you want to know more look up Dr John Campbell interviews with Professor Angus Dalglish.

Also very sadly one of my friends has turbo cancer, which came out of nowhere.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:32 am
Conspiracy theorist says what

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N3340PQ/
Follow the money.

Pharmaceuticals spend 20 times more on marketing than research.

But I wonder how many people they contracted to get 5 quotes?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

When you say "follow the money" and then suggest we look up climate change denier and COVID conspiracist Angus Dalgleish, is that the same sort of "follow the money" that saw him have stock options in the medical firm he tried to encourage Boris Johnson to use to manufacture a COVID vaccine? Or is that a different "follow the money" thing?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:20 pm When you say "follow the money" and then suggest we look up climate change denier and COVID conspiracist Angus Dalgleish, is that the same sort of "follow the money" that saw him have stock options in the medical firm he tried to encourage Boris Johnson to use to manufacture a COVID vaccine? Or is that a different "follow the money" thing?
Don't forget that Dalgleish also ran as an MP for UKIP and blamed immigrants for the state of the NHS.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

BoniO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:28 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:20 pm When you say "follow the money" and then suggest we look up climate change denier and COVID conspiracist Angus Dalgleish, is that the same sort of "follow the money" that saw him have stock options in the medical firm he tried to encourage Boris Johnson to use to manufacture a COVID vaccine? Or is that a different "follow the money" thing?
Don't forget that Dalgleish also ran as an MP for UKIP and blamed immigrants for the state of the NHS.
I give up. He is one of the highest regarded oncologists in this country and you think his politics are more important.

I presume that every time you see a medic, you have to check there background and whether you agree with it before you will see them.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

But you also have to ask yourself if his politics and/or his penchant for conspiracy theories is driving his statements rather than his undoubtedly excellent medical knowledge. If more leading Oncologists were saying the same thing then we’d all be listening I guess.

There have been plenty of brilliant people in History who have also had one or two screws loose.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

I didn't mention his UKIP leanings specifically because I don't think it's particularly relevant. What is relevant is his apparently tendency to align himself with conspiracy theorists and others who are happy to deny other scientific facts.

Also would really appreciate you clarifying whether you think we should be following the money regarding his alleged links to the vaccine developers he was promoting, or if that kind of scrutiny only applies to other people you disagree with?