Exiles thread - Barnsley (A)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Exiles thread - Barnsley (A)

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:14 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:29 pm Let’s hope Happe & Ruel injuries are not serious.
Maybe Tues the 2 young Loanees will get their well overdue chance to impress RW, especially if Ruel is injured.
I just hope if Ruel is injured, RW doesn’t start with Piggot on Tues, if I was one of the Loanees, and Piggot was picked again ahead of me, I would be asking to go back to my club.
Oh f**k off.

Long overdue? They’ve been here 1 week and had what, 2 or 3 training sessions max with the squad.

I’m fully aware of Piggot limitations but if Ruel is out, he’s our only option.
After today I think we can discount him as an option in any form. May as well give, say Edwards the game time provided we have some sort of agreement with parent club that if one of those youths come good we get first dibs to have them back next season.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Piggot is not our only option, we have two other loan forwards in the match day squad.
If Ruel is injured then they must be played, otherwise we might as well fill the subs bench with two others.
Just hope RW isn’t playing Piggot to prove a point re the transfer window fiasco.
Looking like RW was right , we sent Turns back too early, in order to get the experienced forward we didn’t get
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:14 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:29 pm Let’s hope Happe & Ruel injuries are not serious.
Maybe Tues the 2 young Loanees will get their well overdue chance to impress RW, especially if Ruel is injured.
I just hope if Ruel is injured, RW doesn’t start with Piggot on Tues, if I was one of the Loanees, and Piggot was picked again ahead of me, I would be asking to go back to my club.
Oh f**k off.

Long overdue? They’ve been here 1 week and had what, 2 or 3 training sessions max with the squad.

I’m fully aware of Piggot limitations but if Ruel is out, he’s our only option.
You honestly think, Piggot is our only option if Ruel is out 🤣🤣
What does that say to the 2 Loanees, gos knows what they both must be thinking.
I would sooner see the Tea lady up front than see Piggot in an Orient shirt on Tues.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:08 pm You have to be a complete Dimwit to suggest Richie should have put on one of the kids up top.

Our forward line was inexperienced enough as it was with Ruel, ONeill and Shaqford.
Looks like this needs repeating.

I didn’t type dim, by the way.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

One doesn’t like to criticise NT too much with all they’ve done for the club, like picking up massive losses season after season. But NT’s recent interview where wrt the play offs he said ‘we’re going for it’ sounds a bit hollow given the support that RW was given in the transfer window.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Wonder how much experience Rooney had when he made his debut in the Premier League at 16?
Experience ain’t everything, as Pigott is proving every week.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

PKM wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:55 pm Wonder how much experience Rooney had when he made his debut in the Premier League at 16?
Experience ain’t everything, as Pigott is proving every week.
Jesus.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

He was a bit older when he made his debut in Brazil.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Second half a disaster tactically, not the first time Richie has ballsed up like this.

Saying that, we held out until the final few minutes, but we couldn't get out our own half for the last 30.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

One game and it all turns
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:58 pm Second half a disaster tactically, not the first time Richie has ballsed up like this.
😂
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:58 pm Second half a disaster tactically, not the first time Richie has ballsed up like this.

Saying that, we held out until the final few minutes, but we couldn't get out our own half for the last 30.
Might have been different if he was on the touch line?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

We were terrific in the first half. Òur movement was something Barnsley couldn't cope with. We looked as if we could score anytime.
As soon as Pigott came on we stopped attacking. As soon as we whacked it upfield, it came straight back, because Pigott couldn't hold it up.
It was inevitable they would score.
How we react on Tuesday is important.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

Unlucky Os😲
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

We lost yesterday because Brynn, having had a great game, made a mistake. After they equalised the game completely changed and they were energised and really going for the win. If Brynn hadn’t made that mistake we probably would’ve won that game.

Much as I too don’t rate Pigott and what he brings to the table, it wasn’t because of him that we lost. Hence those banging on about not getting the “senior striker” in the window are also missing the point - maybe deliberately - as this bears no relevance to yesterday’s loss.

To repeat, we lost because of a goalkeeper’s cock up which was such a shame as he’d been excellent. He has been getting better and better recently so let’s hope he won’t repeat this for a while.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

:lofc:
BoniO wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 pm We lost yesterday because Brynn, having had a great game, made a mistake. After they equalised the game completely changed and they were energised and really going for the win. If Brynn hadn’t made that mistake we probably would’ve won that game.

Much as I too don’t rate Pigott and what he brings to the table, it wasn’t because of him that we lost. Hence those banging on about not getting the “senior striker” in the window are also missing the point - maybe deliberately - as this bears no relevance to yesterday’s loss.

To repeat, we lost because of a goalkeeper’s cock up which was such a shame as he’d been excellent. He has been getting better and better recently so let’s hope he won’t repeat this for a while.
I know people like to think of things in simplistic, binary terms but it’s more complex than that.

The defence and GK were under continual pressure. We were unable to relieve that pressure by keeping hold of the ball. When that happens, momentum builds and at some point, cracks will appear, mistakes will be made and goals will be conceded.

Pigs clearly contributed to that.

For what it’s worth, James let his man run off him and is as culpable as Brynn. Bur that will happen when under the cosh for as long as we were.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:23 pm :lofc:
BoniO wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 pm We lost yesterday because Brynn, having had a great game, made a mistake. After they equalised the game completely changed and they were energised and really going for the win. If Brynn hadn’t made that mistake we probably would’ve won that game.

I know people like to think of things in simplistic, binary terms but it’s more complex than that.

The defence and GK were under continual pressure. We were unable to relieve that pressure by keeping hold of the ball. When that happens, momentum builds and at some point, cracks will appear, mistakes will be made and goals will be conceded.

For what it’s worth, James let his man run off him and is as culpable as Brynn. Bur that will happen when under the cosh for as long as we were.
I know some people like to overcomplicate things in order to match their agenda i.e. that not getting in a senior striker was a contributor to our loss but the fact is whilst we were, indeed, under pressure yesterday we were keeping them out. An unfortunate mistake from Brynn let them in and the rest is history. I agree that Pigott is a liability. I agree that he doesn't hold the ball up front. But it's a stretch to suggest that the lack of a new "senior striker" to replace him would have changed anything. I mean, it's not as if we've brought in senior pro's who've bombed before is it? Even well thought of senior pro's have failed down the O's. As for Rich Tea liking your post - hehe.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Good point, don’t bring anyone in because they might bomb.

Another consequence of us not bringing in a senior striker appears to be another injury to Ruel….
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:27 pm Good point, don’t bring anyone in because they might bomb.

Another consequence of us not bringing in a senior striker appears to be another injury to Ruel….
You’re just making sh-it up now.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

BoniO wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:51 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:23 pm :lofc:

I know some people like to overcomplicate things in order to match their agenda i.e. that not getting in a senior striker was a contributor to our loss but the fact is whilst we were, indeed, under pressure yesterday we were keeping them out. An unfortunate mistake from Brynn let them in and the rest is history. I agree that Pigott is a liability. I agree that he doesn't hold the ball up front. But it's a stretch to suggest that the lack of a new "senior striker" to replace him would have changed anything. I mean, it's not as if we've brought in senior pro's who've bombed before is it? Even well thought of senior pro's have failed down the O's. As for Rich Tea liking your post - hehe.
Yes, Brynn didn’t cover himself in glory by getting nowhere near the ball when he came out but having watched it back I think he was f*cked whatever he did. If he doesn’t come then their bloke gets a free header anyway. The defenders (Cooper & James) are equally as culpable for that goal by letting their fella get away from them in the box in the first place.

I suppose Sol could have come out with some sort of superman dive but he also risks clattering into the Barnsley player and possibly getting himself sent off.

Regarding Piggots role in all of this, you could make the argument that if we had a bloke who had even an iota of goal threat about him we go 2-0 up and the Brynn balls up doesn’t matter.
Jeremy Bentham
Fresh Alias

Post by Jeremy Bentham »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:16 pm
Jeremy Bentham wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:12 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:32 pm

Unfortunately this is why we needed to bring in an experienced forward. Perfect situation to bring on someone that has a bit about themselves and can hold the ball. Not a 19 year old kid with no professional games coming on against a big back 3
The point is, those young loanees would offer more than Pigott, one time, Moncs ran with the ball and gave it to Pigott in the penalty area and he just stood there not knowing what to do and the defender just came and took it off him. I'm sure one of the loanees would have done better.
I don’t disagree that Pigott is a waste of space. The point is we could have had an experienced pro instead of two young loanees, who Richie doesn’t trust.
Khayon Edwards starting tonight.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Jeremy Bentham wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:35 pm
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:16 pm
Jeremy Bentham wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:12 pm

The point is, those young loanees would offer more than Pigott, one time, Moncs ran with the ball and gave it to Pigott in the penalty area and he just stood there not knowing what to do and the defender just came and took it off him. I'm sure one of the loanees would have done better.
I don’t disagree that Pigott is a waste of space. The point is we could have had an experienced pro instead of two young loanees, who Richie doesn’t trust.
Khayon Edwards starting tonight.
Hope he does well. He’s had -1 touches so far though…
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Edwards showed why Richie has been reluctant to use him.

Adjei 2 looks like he has potential though.