RW seriously pi55ed off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: RW seriously pi55ed off

Post by Long slender neck »

Immature and unprofessional interview from bitchie.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

I’m baffled as to why Harry McKirdy keeps getting mentioned in these conversations as if he’s some sort of seasoned superstar that we should have done everything we could have to sign.

The bloke had one decent season in league 2 a couple of years ago. Since then he has been absolute flop at Hibs and is also well known to have a serious attitude problem. When things aren’t going well he has a very public strop. It happened at Carlisle and Hibs.

If he was the “senior” striker we were after I’m not that disappointed that we didn’t get him.

He has never even played a game at league 1 level.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:57 am Immature and unprofessional interview from bitchie.
Do you think he’s trying to play devils advocate?.?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

PKM wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:22 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:12 am Not sure what’s worse - those making out Richie is furious and going to walk, or those angry at him for his honesty.

He feels let down by how the transfer window played out. Probably more importantly, he feels let down by the club messaging we’re not up for a playoff push.
I said he was pi55ed off/hacked off, not ‘furious’ and I stand by that.
You can’t listed to that interview and say RW is a happy bunny.
Re his honesty’ , I’m sure Lingy would have something to say about that, two sides to every story.
But I think the main issue here is RW feels he’s not been supported by the club in this transfer window. His thinly veiled comments suggesting that Leyton Orient are content with mid table are a cause for concern.
The wider picture is has RW’s ambitions outstripped those of Leyton Orient, in which case I don’t expect RW to be here next season.
The interview was very revealing, but whether RW should have aired his ‘honesty’ is another matter.
You are completely over dramatising the whole thing - sure he was grumpy but he has been grumpy in a few post match interviews from certain players not doing as they were told to some fans leaving early at the end of the game. This time he is grumpy about missing out on a senior striker but it happens.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:45 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:04 am

Forde has taken 3-4 months to get up to speed.
No he hasn't. I think you're only saying this because you doubted him from the beginning. He looked good 'striker' potential when he first knocked that goal in at the Windsor Road end several months ago.
Absolute bollocks
Now you're just getting all touchy because you know you have been wrong about the player.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:57 am Immature and unprofessional interview from bitchie.
Witchie bellends
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

He’d also have been grumpy at having to watch the game from a distance and being so removed from the action. And the way we only just scraped through an easy home game against a poor, poor side.

Fools giving him stick for the interview and making up childish names are the real problem here, though.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:02 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:48 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:45 am

No he hasn't. I think you're only saying this because you doubted him from the beginning. He looked good 'striker' potential when he first knocked that goal in at the Windsor Road end several months ago.
Absolute bollocks
Now you're just getting all touchy because you know you have been wrong about the player.
Absolute bollocks.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

moonwalk19 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:37 am
Razzmachaz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 pm I think at this stage Richie would do well to button it. We are not doing a Carlisle and bottom after winning promotion and a big reason for that is the manager has been given a healthy budget and backed. We lost Agyei in pre season who was a big signing and then fetched in Jordan Graham another big signing. Not really Ling's fault both are currently injured. He's lost Drinnan who has done nothing of note for a long time and Turns who was becoming a bench warmer. He's gained two forwards who are out to prove themselves. No need for his comments and unsettling the ship when it is heading in the right direction.
The trouble is RW is very ambitious. If he sees a chance of making the play offs then he wants to go for it. Signing 2 forwards with no loan experience is not his idea of achieving that. I don’t believe Orients ambitions are the same as his. Perhaps he now feels he knows he is a good manager and Orient have not got the resources to go much further. I am sure although he loves the way he has been treated by the club deep down he loved to be with a club like Bolton or Barnsley where they have resources to go right to the top. Orient know their limitations with how much money they can spend particularly as they lost £3.9 m last year. I think Orient and RWare at the crossroads with their relationship and he will move on
Totally agree, I have said on many occasions that the club need much more serious investment if we are to achieve a further
promotion and keep RW as our manager.
The ambition that RW has is what makes him successful, unfortunately the club seem to be quite happy to wallow in this division worrying that if we get promoted the funds once promoted will be nowhere near enough to sustain a place in the Championship.
In my opinion that is why the club need a much more serious investment to keep RW and get promotion to the Championship at the earliest possible moment which all fans must yearn for.
In my opinion with out much more serious investment, we will lose RW and never get any further than this division or possibly yo yo between this division and the Championship at best.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:04 am He’d also have been grumpy at having to watch the game from a distance and being so removed from the action. And the way we only just scraped through an easy home game against a poor, poor side.

Fools giving him stick for the interview and making up childish names are the real problem here, though.
You mean ****s (fools)
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:37 pm On a good run of form, have shipped two players who weren't good enough for this level and never fit regardless - it's a weird energy to be this negative and sours what has obviously been a really positive relationship.

It's this kind of attitude that will put off bigger employers. Owners don't like managers who air dirty linen in public and who can't accept a budget.
Misty, I get what you say and why but I think that's also part of edge he has that makes us love him. He's only being honest and he will never stop trying to get a win from any game or situation. If he was Man City manager he'd be the type to lament that they were not in for Kane last summer!

Ritchie is like a thoroughbred stallion - enjoy the ride!
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

PoundhillO wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:05 am
Razzmachaz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 pm I think at this stage Richie would do well to button it. We are not doing a Carlisle and bottom after winning promotion and a big reason for that is the manager has been given a healthy budget and backed. We lost Agyei in pre season who was a big signing and then fetched in Jordan Graham another big signing. Not really Ling's fault both are currently injured. He's lost Drinnan who has done nothing of note for a long time and Turns who was becoming a bench warmer. He's gained two forwards who are out to prove themselves. No need for his comments and unsettling the ship when it is heading in the right direction.
The trouble is RW is very ambitious. If he sees a chance of making the play offs then he wants to go for it. Signing 2 forwards with no loan experience is not his idea of achieving that. I don’t believe Orients ambitions are the same as his. Perhaps he now feels he knows he is a good manager and Orient have not got the resources to go much further. I am sure although he loves the way he has been treated by the club deep down he loved to be with a club like Bolton or Barnsley where they have resources to go right to the top. Orient know their limitations with how much money they can spend particularly as they lost £3.9 m last year. I think Orient and RWare at the crossroads with their relationship and he will move on
Totally agree, I have said on many occasions that the club need much more serious investment if we are to achieve a further
The ambition that RW has is what makes him successful, unfortunately the club seem to be quite happy to wallow in this division worrying that if we get promoted the funds once promoted will be nowhere near enough to sustain a place in the Championship.
In my opinion that is why the club need a much more serious investment to keep RW and get promotion to the Championship at the earliest possible moment which all fans must yearn for.
In my opinion with out much more serious investment, we will lose RW and never get any further than this division or possibly yo yo between this division and the Championship at best.
Is £2.5m a season not satisfactory investment? Its more than £12 per person that attends games his season. We are being 35-50% subsidised by this board for the most modern style of football seen at this ground ever. The sort of investment I think it would take would be £5m plus - and that's sheer madness.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I think sometimes Wellens tells the supporters what they know and what they want to hear, and then tells the board something else,thus keeping both sides happy whilst taking pressure off the board.Admitted I haven’t seen the recent interview but going on past interviews,you could possibly look at it at him playing both sides which is quite clever really. Don’t forget he’s been in this situation a few times and personally over the years have had to come to the conclusion we are a small club in a very big expensive city.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

On the investment front there was a school of thought that some of the investors coming in were buying into the idea of getting Orient as a Championship club perhaps with an eventual tilt at Prem in a Luton / Brentford esque way.

So question is how do they navigate the jump from L1 to Championship to realize that aim? Sure Ling & Travis keep clinging onto the hope the academy will suddenly produce superstars for millions, meanwhile reality is we're bringing in young players from other clubs to get anywhere near the level we need in L1. There doesn't seem to be many other options for income streams so we're hitting a bit of a glass ceiling it appears?

Even if you take consolidation this year, upgrade 3-4 players in summer and go again next year there's still that big financial jump should success be achieved, so at what point do you think the word from the board would be "twist, let's go for it"?
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

I think many Orient fans are quite content with L1 football and therein may lay the problem.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:10 am

Is £2.5m a season not satisfactory investment? Its more than £12 per person that attends games his season. We are being 35-50% subsidised by this board for the most modern style of football seen at this ground ever. The sort of investment I think it would take would be £5m plus - and that's sheer madness.
In my opinion £2.5m a season with RW may get us promoted but will never be enough to sustain us in the Championship, be realistic.
That's why in my opinion much more serious investment is needed if our club are ever going to get promoted to the Championship or be a yo yo club.and I would imagine that RW ambition will be to at least get promotion and sustain a position in the Championship .
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

We’ve won 3-2 are ninth in the league 17 points from a possible 21, and the boards in meltdown absolutely hilarious 😆
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

PKM wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:27 am I think many Orient fans are quite content with L1 football and therein may lay the problem.
I don't think that is either true or remotely relevant. But the clubs financial sustainability does worry me. We've come very close to bankruptcy due to reckless spending and our losses and debts are concerning enough as it is.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:29 am We’ve won 3-2 are ninth in the league 17 points from a possible 21, and the boards in meltdown absolutely hilarious 😆
Isn’t what this board is all about. It’s a discussion and nothing else. I wouldn’t call it meltdown and hilarious. There’s been no serious abuse for once and it’s people like you that like to be controversial and stir the pot. No surprise there.
Bluecap
Fresh Alias

Post by Bluecap »

Seems to me He has history.
Never left a club without a problem.
Its our turn.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

So if we did get close to going up should we start losing on purpose? As it seems like going up would be a disaster
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

PoundhillO wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:27 am
LittleMate wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:10 am

In my opinion £2.5m a season with RW may get us promoted but will never be enough to sustain us in the Championship, be realistic.
That's why in my opinion much more serious investment is needed if our club are ever going to get promoted to the Championship or be a yo yo club.and I would imagine that RW ambition will be to at least get promotion and sustain a position in the Championship .
£2.5m is what we did to get from League 2 - and we are probably doing just as much or more right now. Ritchie's abilities allow us to dream of the championship but we are never going to have the sort of funding investment in the 1st team that will make us a championship side. The only way that can happen is to grow a bunch of players and that means upgrading the training ground and our academy status. For now we are going to have to be content with dreams of going up - unless someone really mad comes along and throws money at the club.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:34 am
PKM wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:27 am I think many Orient fans are quite content with L1 football and therein may lay the problem.
I don't think that is either true or remotely relevant. But the clubs financial sustainability does worry me. We've come very close to bankruptcy due to reckless spending and our losses and debts are concerning enough as it is.
Talking about this yesterday,we all came to the same conclusion,we need a new ground unfortunately 💁‍♀️
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:29 am We’ve won 3-2 are ninth in the league 17 points from a possible 21, and the boards in meltdown absolutely hilarious 😆
I'm bloody happy. Not sure I've seen such good football at this club since Frank Clark had us in league one.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:40 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:34 am
Talking about this yesterday,we all came to the same conclusion,we need a new ground unfortunately 💁‍♀️
Doesn’t guarantee anything would be great to have a larger stadium but Preston averaged 15000 + last season and lost £15million.