RW seriously pi55ed off

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

soloman
Fresh Alias

Re: RW seriously pi55ed off

Post by soloman »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:47 pm
PKM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:22 pm Just listen to the club interview, he sounds completely hacked off.
Didn’t want to lose players, didn’t want loans with no experience, can understand the club being tight on the purse strings, said through gritted teeth.
Criticism we’ve left it till the last minute to do deals.
Not a happy bunny at all.

https://www.leytonorient.com/
It's been removed.
What happened to Transparency from the Club.
Imagine if he leaves over this
It's not been removed ,it's there if want to look properly .
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

It’s been a recurring theme business being done late in the window, RW has mentioned it before, I agree his point, but it keeps happening, the inference is that we’re not learning and proactive enough.

But hey we’re top of the current form table (last 6) so got to be happy with that, we’re gonna miss Agyei though.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Joe315 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 pm
B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:07 pm
Joe315 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:51 pm

Of course it was McKirdy .

Ah but the heart problem & what if the same
thing happens to the Luton lad, may e we should
wait a bit longer.

Swindon swoop
Problem is Joe, ML has been slagged off on here for getting injured players in, there would have been a meltdown if we signed him and something happened.
So keep Drinan .
Which is RW's point here
He so badly wanted to keep him, he tried to get him a deal with three different clubs.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

soloman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:02 pm
Joe315 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:47 pm
PKM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:22 pm Just listen to the club interview, he sounds completely hacked off.
Didn’t want to lose players, didn’t want loans with no experience, can understand the club being tight on the purse strings, said through gritted teeth.
Criticism we’ve left it till the last minute to do deals.
Not a happy bunny at all.

https://www.leytonorient.com/
It's been removed.
What happened to Transparency from the Club.
Imagine if he leaves over this
It's not been removed ,it's there if want to look properly .
It was, then made it available again.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 pm

Problem is Joe, ML has been slagged off on here for getting injured players in, there would have been a meltdown if we signed him and something happened.
So keep Drinan .
Which is RW's point here
He so badly wanted to keep him, he tried to get him a deal with three different clubs.
Yes it seems as though both Carlisle and Bradford City were going to sign Drinan but both pulled out due to Aaron’s injury problems, which is understandable.
I think he’s better off with a fresh start and I hope he does well at Swindon. As I said before, he was far from the best player to wear an O’s shirt, but he always gave 100% but was unlucky with injuries.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 pm

So keep Drinan .
Which is RW's point here
He's been told if you want incomings you need players out. Last saturday he said "I'm Happy if nobody comes in or out", Turns Drinan both leave Orient.
Razzmachaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Razzmachaz »

I think at this stage Richie would do well to button it. We are not doing a Carlisle and bottom after winning promotion and a big reason for that is the manager has been given a healthy budget and backed. We lost Agyei in pre season who was a big signing and then fetched in Jordan Graham another big signing. Not really Ling's fault both are currently injured. He's lost Drinnan who has done nothing of note for a long time and Turns who was becoming a bench warmer. He's gained two forwards who are out to prove themselves. No need for his comments and unsettling the ship when it is heading in the right direction.
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

This will all be forgotten about by the end of the month. I’m not really sure what Wellens was expecting.

Got to feel sorry for the two young lads who came in as well. Hardly makes you feel welcome when the manager is basically saying, in public, he wanted someone else.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Razzmachaz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:35 pm I think at this stage Richie would do well to button it. We are not doing a Carlisle and bottom after winning promotion and a big reason for that is the manager has been given a healthy budget and backed. We lost Agyei in pre season who was a big signing and then fetched in Jordan Graham another big signing. Not really Ling's fault both are currently injured. He's lost Drinnan who has done nothing of note for a long time and Turns who was becoming a bench warmer. He's gained two forwards who are out to prove themselves. No need for his comments and unsettling the ship when it is heading in the right direction.
10 points from a play off spot,
with games in hand of some above us
why should he button anything ?
Drinan ran through Brick walls if RW asked him to.
2 kids like the Palace one & the spurs RB ?
Lets hope Happes knee doesnt go again like the last 2 seasons & Omar & Cooper keep away from the red
cards eh.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

faith1234 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:00 pm Crap recruitment is the key with agyei injured we needed that experience attacker in my mi d there’s still a bit of a chance that we could still sign a forward for a free with no club there has got to be some players out there that have no club
Any reasonable player will be contracted to a club.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

How do we now it`s crap recruitment when our two loanees haven`t played a minute yet?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Just watched it and think he’s making some valid points. If Orient actually want to be successful then they need to drop the limiting attitude and sound bites from the DoF quoting bookies odds that it’s very unlikely to make the playoffs. Not exactly motivational for a team unbeaten in 6 and flying up the league.
Richie is a winner and we will simply loose him if we continue at a snails pace in the window and don’t back him.
I get that the reality of football and our finances might be different to his expectations but I like that he’s pissed off tbat our ambition is mid table.
He’s obviously frustrated as well by having to manage from the 5th floor. High emotions and all that. I’m sure he’s had the same conversations with the board and Lingy about being annoyed at the window.
The one thing I don’t agree with is knocking the lads that have come in effectively saying he didn’t really want them.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

I do love looking at Twitter. The same numpties who 6 weeks ago were staying we're in a relegation dogfight when we went 3-0 down to Bolton are now saying we should have bought early to fight for the play offs.

It just reminds me of the South Park superhero Captain Hindsight. Everyone's a genius once they've seen what's happened in the window.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

MassiveForehead wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 pm I do love looking at Twitter. The same numpties who 6 weeks ago were staying we're in a relegation dogfight when we went 3-0 down to Bolton are now saying we should have bought early to fight for the play offs.

It just reminds me of the South Park superhero Captain Hindsight. Everyone's a genius once they've seen what's happened in the window.
Most of them must be on here
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:20 pm
MassiveForehead wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 pm I do love looking at Twitter. The same numpties who 6 weeks ago were staying we're in a relegation dogfight when we went 3-0 down to Bolton are now saying we should have bought early to fight for the play offs.

Most of them must be on here
They're all wonderful people :D
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:08 pm Just watched it and think he’s making some valid points. If Orient actually want to be successful then they need to drop the limiting attitude and sound bites from the DoF quoting bookies odds that it’s very unlikely to make the playoffs. Not exactly motivational for a team unbeaten in 6 and flying up the league.
Richie is a winner and we will simply loose him if we continue at a snails pace in the window and don’t back him.
I get that the reality of football and our finances might be different to his expectations but I like that he’s pissed off tbat our ambition is mid table.
He’s obviously frustrated as well by having to manage from the 5th floor. High emotions and all that. I’m sure he’s had the same conversations with the board and Lingy about being annoyed at the window.
The one thing I don’t agree with is knocking the lads that have come in effectively saying he didn’t really want them.
He never said he didn't want them
He said he wanted experienced players.
Hanging about till the last day means it's
manic & you don't really know what you are getting.

Their inexperience & Youth is what he dislikes when experience was needed. Especially as we identified one, dithered & lost out.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:42 pm One thing I will say is Richie was very clear that part of him signing a new contract (maybe even something in his contract) was around having a certain budget. Fair enough if he’s annoyed that we’ve dipped below that whilst our best player is now done for the season
This. He’s obviously been lied to.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Richie & Ling have gone out for dinner tonight (Dishoom Covent Garden). Drama over. Richie paid
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:08 pm Just watched it and think he’s making some valid points. If Orient actually want to be successful then they need to drop the limiting attitude and sound bites from the DoF quoting bookies odds that it’s very unlikely to make the playoffs. Not exactly motivational for a team unbeaten in 6 and flying up the league.
I thought RW wasn't just referring to the bookies when he said about "no-one thinks we can do it". I think that's more of an issue than just missing out on a player in the window as shows a gap in ambition between the manager and the board / DoF.

It's not even about whether fans think we're relegation / mid-table / promotion material but when Wellens' ambition isn't matched by the club that's when we run risk of losing him.

The other interesting bit is missing out on a player by being "late" a few weeks ago i.e. relatively early in the window. So not just about dealing on the last day but also not reacting when opportunities arise. Wonder who it was...
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

It’s ok for RW to want more from the owners and demand the best players and backing he can get. I think his comments were respectful and not out of line. He was being honest.

He’s lost our best forward by a mile for the season and wanted another one. He’s got two very inexperienced in the door instead. He still thinks play offs is possible.

Don’t take that passion from him. That’s what has got us where we are.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

Just watched the interview and it’s impossible to disagree with anything he said.

You can totally understand the frustration he feels at the lack of support he’s been given and how he’s been let down.

Whether he should be that honest is a different matter. But when you‘be got a DOF going on record as saying what a good window it’s been when you totally disagree, it’s hard to keep quiet.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

DrWindy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:34 pm It’s ok for RW to want more from the owners and demand the best players and backing he can get. I think his comments were respectful and not out of line. He was being honest.

He’s lost our best forward by a mile for the season and wanted another one. He’s got two very inexperienced in the door instead. He still thinks play offs is possible.

Don’t take that passion from him. That’s what has got us where we are.
The transfer window business looked ok - late as ever, but ok - until you find out Agyei is out for the season. It’s madness to then let Drinnan go and bring in two boys.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
The proper way is for RW to take his concerns to ML/bod
Sounding off in this manner to DV is unprofessional.
This kind of infighting is not a good image for the club.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

From what I understand DV is part of the club. If RW isn’t allowed to answer honestly then the question shouldn’t be asked. I believe the culture NT and Co encourage is one of honesty and hard work. Nothing wrong here.
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

I’m sure he will have taken his concerns to ML. I don’t doubt that for a moment.

But when your DOF is saying how well the window has gone in interviews but he totally disagrees, why should he keep quiet?