Next Season: New Signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

SurreyO
Fresh Alias

Re: Next Season: New Signings

Post by SurreyO »

I did the ground tour last week and it was mentioned that owners wanted to try and keep bulk of this squad and add to it if promoted. Feeling was the team had the momentum to push on in DIv 2 with a few changes etc.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm Personally I would keep Gorman. It's easy to forget that he is still really young and although he has had a horrible season, he will learn from it and hopefully with a proper pre season, will be fitter.
I'm hoping with a full pre season behind him he will prove me and other people wrong just what a good player he actually is . Saying that we still need two new central midfielders .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

SurreyO wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:50 pm I did the ground tour last week and it was mentioned that owners wanted to try and keep bulk of this squad and add to it if promoted. Feeling was the team had the momentum to push on in DIv 2 with a few changes etc.
As shown this season the spirit within our squad is first class so I agree with the owners.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Think JMD will be a real revelation next season btw.

First game i'd love.

New GK

New LB
Happe
Coulson
Ekpiteta
Judd

New CM
New CM

JMD

Bonne
Koroma

Bench (yay, 7 subs):
Brill/Sarge
Widdowson
Clay
Brophy
New winger
New ST
New ST
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

JMD will never be fit or strong enough. Even if he plays 20 games on the spin he will not be fit or strong enough. Tons of ability, let down by not being strong enough to last a campaign. I hope he proves me wrong.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

LittleMate wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm JMD will never be fit or strong enough. Even if he plays 20 games on the spin he will not be fit or strong enough. Tons of ability, let down by not being strong enough to last a campaign. I hope he proves me wrong.
What you basing that on exactly?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 pm Think JMD will be a real revelation next season btw.

First game i'd love.

New GK

New LB
Happe
Coulson
Ekpiteta
Judd

New CM
New CM

JMD

Bonne
Koroma

Bench (yay, 7 subs):
Brill/Sarge
Widdowson
Clay
Brophy
New winger
New ST
New ST
You think he’ll stay with 3-5-2?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

I think that we have three quality centre backs who I think should be playing every week. I also think JMD is a number 10 that should play behind the front two.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Yeah, fair enough. Not as if either Bonne or Koroma thrive on wingers whipping crosses in either, is it?

What about Turley? Love Judd but I’d take the big man first.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

I like him but not convinced he’s a good league two right back. Would have him as a back up centre back and full back, similar to Widdowson. If you do plate 3 CBs you need a load of cover.

If Judd could stay fit for 5 mins I think he would shine next season . Never really had a run in the team.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm Yeah, fair enough. Not as if either Bonne or Koroma thrive on wingers whipping crosses in either, is it?

What about Turley? Love Judd but I’d take the big man first.
Agreed there. Also means less pressure on Judd and centre back cover.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

AckneyAwks wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:05 pm What additions do we need to compete in Div 2?
ML, JE and the two T's will see us right. Trust in them.

COYOs
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

What about Shadrach Ogie and Jayden Sweeney? Would they be good enough to take their place in the squad?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

WickfordO wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm What about Shadrach Ogie and Jayden Sweeney? Would they be good enough to take their place in the squad?
Only one way to find out.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

Don't think there will be massive changes so think people are being hopeful that the likes of Ling, Brill will be shipped out. It's possible that Gorman will come on next season, League Two is probably better suited to him and afterall, Widdowson has had a brilliant second season after struggling for much of his first year.

Really hope that Jobi will stay on another year, but if he doesn't I think we have a ready made replacement in Brophy for LW should we play 4-4-2. If we go 3-5-2 we obviously need another midfielder and a RWB aswell. The current squad as it is would still do well next season I feel.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I think Jobi has a career in management ahead of him, can see him staying on but not having to play 45+ games in exchange for a bit of coaching.

Agreed with those who suspect Gorman could come good, there’s clearly something there.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm I think Jobi has a career in management ahead of him, can see him staying on but not having to play 45+ games in exchange for a bit of coaching.

Agreed with those who suspect Gorman could come good, there’s clearly something there.
He was let down by the recruitment process as much as the fans may have felt by his performances. Never fair to judge a player who missed the whole of pre-season with injury.

What he does have to get over very quickly is that fear of going in for a tackle as it was clear he was pulling out of them when he's played. Perhaps being in L2 with a bit more protection from referees may help but I reckon it'll be make or break next season for his career - hope he takes the opportunity and kicks on.

Would be surprised if either Lawless or Lee are here next season though.

Replacing Brill is crazy unless there's some legal reason he can't play L2 for us. Whether Sargeant is good enough as second keeper is another matter. Would rather loan him out to an NL side for a season as a first team player and get a senior pro in to challenge Brill / provide competitive cover.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:44 pm
LittleMate wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm JMD will never be fit or strong enough. Even if he plays 20 games on the spin he will not be fit or strong enough. Tons of ability, let down by not being strong enough to last a campaign. I hope he proves me wrong.
What you basing that on exactly?
What I see. That's enough for me.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ah ok, so not facts?

Considering hes 21 years old and played 40 odd games for Dagenham a few years ago not a factor in 'what you see'?
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

What about brandon goodship weymouth forward ex bornemouth player has acored close to 100 goals in 3 seasons and i know its in a sh*t league but a goals a goal still only under 24 years old
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Can bulk up a lot easier than you can improve in ability, get him in the gym and we're laughing.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I’d point you in the direction of Koroma who was very light weight when he first showed up in the first team. You can see quite clearly that they had him on a programme to bulk him up and increase his upper body strength.

I’d say it worked for him and I’m sure if the manager and the sports scientists think that will work for JMD then I’m sure they will do it for him too.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:49 pm
Thor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 pm Dayton will be rewarded with a new contract, read Justin’s column in the programme to see that bit of information.

Other than that like Elliott Ness I trust in the management to build a team which will not only compete, but will win league 2. If you look at Lincoln they’ve just won the league and I think you’ll find continuity has helped them immensely and I’d surprised if we had wholesale changes to the squad.
Lincoln didn't go straight up to League One from the National League , they first consolidated themselves in League Two last season. I would be more than happy to follow in their footsteps .
Lincoln must be the object model of how to do it.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

The Keyboard Managers at it again already mapping out there fantasy starting 11 for 2019/20 pitiful😂😂
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

We should be prioritising the right sided full back way before we consider replacing the left sided one.