Non-jobs

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Non-jobs

Post by Dunners »

Yes, he was very bloody good.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

As I recall - he and Connie Booth had a company called Video Arts and you - (as a business) could rent their training films for sessions - lots to choose from, customer care, meetings etc. When I worked at the Hotel Russell out Personnel Manager (as they were called in those days) was obsessed with them.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

And yes - there is a Youtube channel with them all on: Here's one
Hoover Attack
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Hoover Attack »

DOFs
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

The employees who put the barely discernable hairline cracks into McVitie Digestives so that dunkers are constantly irritated when half the biscuit falls into the mug of tea and then defies all efforts to retrieve it before becoming a light brown mush.
We can do without these people.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Fisch wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm The employees who put the barely discernable hairline cracks into McVitie Digestives so that dunkers are constantly irritated when half the biscuit falls into the mug of tea and then defies all efforts to retrieve it before becoming a light brown mush.
We can do without these people.
When I worked at Barclays Bank the HB pencils were obtained from central stores. They would withstand being sharpend once then the effort was futile - methinks somebody had the job of breaking all the leads before they were distributed.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

My current role mainly involves producing pointless reports that no one takes any notice of. When I'm asked for a particularly pointless one I spend ages overdesigning a variety of graphs and then point out in the text that there is absolutely nothing of any statistical relevance in said graphs. I was presented with a great big hunk of glass award for this at the end of last year.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:34 am Corporate Mandatory Training trainers.

We all know that corporate mandatory training is a load of codswallop. Whatever the subject matter, anyone who isn't already competent is hardly going to suddenly become proficient just because they spent a day putting post-it notes on a white board. And it's just a way for a company to claim it has discharged it's duties to a reasonable extent and push some of the liability on the employees.
Yesterday I had the second of 2 2hr sessions run as part of our new Employee Wellbeing Programme, learning all about organisations that are toxic and how to control our inner Chimp. Yes. In one group session we were asked to share things that really pissed us off and one particularly dry New Zealander said: "I get pissed off when my employer forces me to spend hours on pointless training courses that have absolutely nothing to do with the way I do my job". I snorted.
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

Family members employed by a limited company or sole trader who actually do real no work there, but will claim to "open post" or "book travel" for the actual (typically one to three) workers. But they will receive good pay and pension contributions, mobile phone and car. All deductible expenditure.

Also guard cats.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Wait - Can I put my cat down on expenses?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:35 pm Wait - Can I put my cat down on expenses?
A Dog & 2 Cats on Mine
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:35 pm Wait - Can I put my cat down on expenses?
If its really ill.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Ah, the power of ","