NO SIGNINGS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: NO SIGNINGS

Post by Hoover Attack »

That’s not fair, it’s 3, I rated Jackett, he just wasn’t as good as JE or RW and able to get more from the group of players he was given.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:21 pm
BoniO wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:01 pm
Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:45 am

Shame someone isn't able to discern between losing one's sh*t and being slightly perturbed that Lingy appears to be dragging his feet yet again.
Yeah, if Lingy didn’t always “drag his feet” we’d clearly have done much better than just the 2 promotions in 5 years!! It’s obvious there’s something wrong here - livid!!!!
Lingy has got lucky by appointing 2 decent managers out of the what, 15 or so?, he’s got through in the last 6 years….
It's actually 7, but don't let facts get in the way
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:22 pm That’s not fair, it’s 3, I rated Jackett, he just wasn’t as good as JE or RW and able to get more from the group of players he was given.
Forget to change aliases 🤓
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Story of O wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:02 pm

Yeah, if Lingy didn’t always “drag his feet” we’d clearly have done much better than just the 2 promotions in 5 years!! It’s obvious there’s something wrong here - livid!!!!
Lingy has got lucky by appointing 2 decent managers out of the what, 15 or so?, he’s got through in the last 6 years….
7 in 6 years is decent. Fleetwood are on their 3rd in 6 months
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:13 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:57 am Saturday’s great performance may persuade Lingy and the board that the current strike force is good enough to sustain us until the summer. Agyei , Forde and Theo were excellent on Saturday but if one or two of them get injured then we are Fcuked and so we do need to bring one or two in, and includes a wide man.

Personally I think we do have enough to stay in this league, but while we have a chance of a play off spot I think we should give Richie everything he needs.
The thing is there's a big difference in quality between starting Agyei and Forde than Pigott and Sotiriou. On the Theo front as RW said there is no backup for him at present.

More surprising we haven't moved any out the other way yet as it's been repeated we need to move players out to get ones in.
I wish we could move on Pigott who so far has been a complete flop .
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I keep thinking he might come good but then I can’t seem to find what he would be good at. He’s not a natural finisher, his hold up play was put to shame by Agyei, he doesn’t win many if any headers, he’s got no pace.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

He's obviously got technical talent. Can play a lot of one touch passes, has quick feet, brings players into the game quite well. For whatever reason I still think there's a decent player in there who's just massively short on confidence and playing in a set up that doesn't suit him.

I wouldn't put him in that hall of shame category of no.9s who look like total donkeys but it's obviously not working here.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Story of O wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:02 pm

Is it really only 7? Blimey.

(Just googled and it's coming up as 11 if you include Emblefuds different stints).
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:40 am He's obviously got technical talent. Can play a lot of one touch passes, has quick feet, brings players into the game quite well. For whatever reason I still think there's a decent player in there who's just massively short on confidence and playing in a set up that doesn't suit him.

I wouldn't put him in that hall of shame category of no.9s who look like total donkeys but it's obviously not working here.
Agreed, I don't mind him.

But he doesn't fit our system, either in possession or out of it. I just don't understand why we signed him other than total desperation.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:40 am He's obviously got technical talent. Can play a lot of one touch passes, has quick feet, brings players into the game quite well. For whatever reason I still think there's a decent player in there who's just massively short on confidence and playing in a set up that doesn't suit him.

I just don't think he's playing with any confidence - I'm not sure if he is a 9 or a 10 but not done very much that catches the eye in either position to justify a starting spot - yet. I'm hoping he comes good I guess time will tell.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:16 pm

I just don't think he's playing with any confidence - I'm not sure if he is a 9 or a 10 but not done very much that catches the eye in either position to justify a starting spot - yet. I'm hoping he comes good I guess time will tell.
Could see him and Ruel working as a pair as it happens. But front 2s are from the olden days.
Turk
Fresh Alias

Post by Turk »

We certainly don’t play to his strengths and he’s a decent player. If Graham hadn’t got injured I think it would’ve turned out differently for him so far